main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Serenity -- The Firefly Movie -- Midnight at the Metreon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Harlock415, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Matt can you verify the times for the Imax showing? Right now, the only listing on Fandango for Imax is the 3D Moon movie.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    In IMAX eh? [face_thinking] That's pretty cool, I guess I will have to check it out again.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    As of now, it's 6:40 and 9:40. You can call and ask Loews at 415-369-6201.

4. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Dude, I'm there.

5. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Serenity is a great movie and I plan on seeing it again sometime in the near future. It had the humor and the strong characters that I wanted to see in the prequels. I've just seen a couple Firefly episodes, but River was my favorite character in the film. She kicks butt! I also liked Mal's character a lot. Thanks for not really spoiling me Robert! :p

6. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just got this link of a Sci-Fi e-zine from the SF Browncoats yahoo! groups. It has an article and pics of the Midnight show, as well as those from the LOTR picnic, and then even some more events:

efanzines.com

FYI - Serenity still will be playing in the IMAX Theater, for at least another week... And if you want discount tix, you know who to contact. [face_mischief]

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just bumping this up since the DVD of "Serentity" comes out today!

8. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Shiny! Hmm...I guess I'll wait until after X-mas to see if it finds it's way into my stocking. But oh! the torture of waiting!!!

9. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Heard an unhappy rumor the day of the DVD release that Joss gave up on more Firefly/Serenety. Trying to confirm with a reliable source, let me know if you find anything either way.

Personally, I'm hoping for a MMORPG game, that would be coolest.

10. AnasianSkywalker

Sep 2, 2003
    Don't worry Sid. I read somewhere, maybe posted on the SF Browncoat yahoo groups where someone posted that Whedon felt he was mis-quoted regarding it be completley over for him and the Firefly/Serenity 'verse.

But here is an excerp straight from a Whedon interview:

BE: I know you?re working on a ?Serenity? comic book, but do you have visions of a follow-up ?Serenity? movie, even if it?s straight to DVD?

JW: Uh, you know, I have every vision. Even an opera. It?s very beautiful, very beautiful, full of pain, but full of love. (Laughs) Ultimately, you know, I?m just waiting to see how things fall out. The DVD sales will, of course, affect the future of the ?Serenity? world...or universe, I should say. But I can?t predict that any better than I could predict what would happen at the box office, so I?m just waiting to see, and I?ll just keep waiting until someone comes to me and says, ?More TV! More movies!? Or whatever it is. Whatever format it is. If it?s a chance to work with these actors again, to live in this world again,
    I?m there!

http://www.bullz-eye.com/mguide/interviews/2005/joss_whedon.htm

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Well, there's always the RPG which was done by Margaret Weiss one of the only good Dragonlance writers who worked over at TSR/Wizards of the Coast and pretty much set the tone for all the Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms spin off novels.

Apparently even though Fox sold movie rights to Unoversal, they still own the tv rights and seem to be very possesive of the name and other things -- hence the name Serenity instead of Firefly the Movie. Basically it's about money and the ego of executives at Fox who don't know a good thing until it bites them in their prime time slot.

12. AnasianSkywalker

Sep 2, 2003
    I did get a "full-screen" copy for Christmas...but can't open it, until I exchange it for the "wide-screen" edition. :) :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.