main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Sesame Place

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthWormie, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey all,

Since you guys are located pretty close to Sesame Place, I figured I'd ask you guys first. Have any of you ever been there? My wife and I are considering taking my son there for his birthday this July (he'll be 4) kind of as a "test run" for a future trip to Disney.

Anyway, my wife talked to someone she works with who went and she said it stunk and that it was a total rip off and that we should instead go to one of the smaller amusement parks in northern NH. I've been to those in the past and consider them overpriced tourist traps that we should avoid.

So, Any of you been and if so would you give it a thumbs up or down?

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback.

2. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    It was great when I was a kid. Then again I havent been there in over 20 years. Damn I'm old.

AS I remember its mostly water slides and such.

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Considering I live 5 minutes away from there, I think I would be entitled to have the best opinion, no offense to anyone else. It's definitely good for kids from I'd say 2 1/2 to about 7. It can still be fun for a little older (8-11), but beyond 12, that's too old. But it's fun, lots of water rides and other amusements for kids. The kids there (considering that most come from where I went to high school) do a good job in the costumes. I say thumbs up. Just be ready to deal with A) traffic and B) expensive concessions

4. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    i remember going when i was younger and now we take my little cousins. they love it. there's lots of water rides and other rides, but nothing too scary becuase is meant for the younger ones. like any other amusement park, though, be prepared overpriced food and stuff like that. but its a lot of fun.

5. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I have not been there in ages, but I remember enjoying it as a five year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.