main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ships ... and ED?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Commander_Lossith, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Hmmmm.... i'm gonna have to look this one up.

2. Commander_Lossith

Commander_Lossith Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2002
    The TIE interceptor is SLOWER than the A-wing by a small margin, the fastast ship in existance if the TIE Defender, which is the best single starfighter in existance.

Cisco

3. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    And then the Empire became the Remnant and you almost never hear of them again. That is the one thing i don't like about NJO, they don't show enough of how the Remnant is dealing with the Vong.

4. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    If you can handle an honest look at your writing then yes I will take a look at it. But FAIR warning...everything you have been told is true. I tend to get brutal at times when I review stuff. Contrary to popular belief I do enjoy the star wars universe which is why I am so brutal on it. When something doesn;t fit then I want it out! hehe.. So anyway... if you want an honest look send away. If not...don't bother.

Now on to ships..Jake...brother...the Tie Defender? the ship that was only put in a computer game and is so overpowered as to make the B-wing look like a landspeeder? ugh...since I haven;t followed much of the New Order storyline am I to assume they have actually used these things in novels? god that is depressing. The interceptor and advanced I can handle but the defender was silly... and the B-wing is basically a itty bitty capital ship in its firepower...somewhat offset by the fact that it flys much like oh..say.. abrick. hehe

X-wing A-Wing for rebels and for the Imp side I wil take an Interceptor...of an assault shuttle...those are fun :)

Woot! let the flaming commence!

5. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Ed, I think you love being a trouble maker! "Let the flaming commence!" :D It's your opinion, you can have it without all of us going to town on you.

What is the deal witht he red heads and Marine people in the group? Cisco, I too am a Marine brat. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

6. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Lisa your half right.

Oh, and Ed sucks. :p

7. Commander_Lossith

Jul 17, 2002
    Well Ed, Ill tel you what...

I have faught hard and long to keep this book 'cannon' even thouhg I knew from the word go that it would never be legitimized by Lucas. at the moment, it is still very much a work in progress, and Im sure you would kill my self esteem if I handed you this rough draft. Let me finish it, polish it up and see what others say first, then I'll let you see a copy. (call me selfish, but after 5 years of college, I think I have the right to be gun-shy about scathing reviews)

And Lisa, what was your father's (assuning it was your dad) rank, deployment, MOS and all that. Im interested. Whats the 411?

And...

damn, I just thought... are you single?

if not, I wonder if there is anyone out there who can tame a Redheaded Marine brat, and if you are, I envy the man who managed.

;)

Thanks for the heads up, Ed, you, at least are honest asbout it. I have met people who were mean and less than streightforward. so your warnings are indeed apreciated.

Cisco

8. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    LOL! Yes, I am single. Hadn't you heard? It is a popular topic around here and at our gatherings. No, I haven't been tamed (it has been tried [face_devil] ) or I would be barefoot and pregnant! :) I don't think any man would be concidered lucky if he was to try. LOL!

As for my dad, I really don't remember his rank and stuff. I know he was an air traffic controller and we lived in Hawaii. He got out in 1979 I believe. Sorry. I will check if you really want to know.

Good luck with Ed. At least you know what you are up against. :)

9. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Well, if we're going for a combination of mass & firepower, as in capital ships like the Imp Star Deuce or Mon Cal Star Cruiser, then the best "ship" IMHO is the Death Star. Why do I call it a ship when it's called a space station or battlestation in the films? Because it's not "station"ary! It has hyperdrives, for Pete' sake! The sucker is not a "station". Space stations are called that because they don't move in their orbit. The Death Star was a MASSIVE ship, and it had the superlaser (which of course could destroy a planet) and 15000 capital-ship-class turbolasers (an ISD only has 60, in comparison), not to mention the 700 tractor-beam projectors or the 7000 TIEs stationed onboard. Too bad Tarkin didn't bother to launch even half that number at Yavin. The exhaust vent wouldn't have mattered when the odds were 100 to one against the Rebels.

Anyway, capital ships can't be compared to an X-wing, TIE Defender, or even a Corellian Corvette, IMHO. There completely different categories. That's why here's my top 5 favorite OT ships: 1. X-wing, 2. TIE Defender (used in more than just video games, ED! [face_mischief] i.e. the novel X-wing:Isard's Revenge for one), 3. Slave 1, 4. Vader's TIE Advanced X1, 5. A-wing/Chiss clawcraft(tie)

10. Gytheran

Gytheran Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    hmm... favorite ship... I'd have to go with the trusty X-wing. Definitely a space-superiority ship; you can take out both the smaller starfighters or, in larger groups, the huge Star Destroyers. As mentioned previously, the F-15 of Star Wars. :)

Of course you can't go wrong with a Tie Defender. :D

~Joe

11. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    No problem. If you don;t want to send it then by all means don't. If you choose to send it let me know. funny..I have a rep around here as being unduly harsh.. guess I shall start living up to that...

12. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I don't see you as "unduly harsh", Ed; just a person with high standards and strong opinions when it comes to SW, and rightly so, IMHO. Unfortunately, not enough people work at LucasWhatever with the same standards and opinions, so sometimes we get steaming piles of crap with the "Star Wars" label slapped on it. Of course, different people have different ideas of what falls into the "crappy SW stuff" category.

13. Commander_Lossith

Jul 17, 2002
    Well, Lisa, as for you father, Im not dying to know, but I was just wondering.

My father retired a Leutenant Colonel after 21 years as an officer. he as a supply officer for two helochopter squadrons and was part of the logistical staff to the deputity of the joint chiefs during his last ten years.

Okay, as for the ships question, let me clarify:

1 ) Favorite Starfighter ( >100 tons) and why.

2 ) Favorite Capitol ship( <100 tons) and why?

3 ) favorite other vehicle and why?

now lets see who pics what?

as for me?

1 ) Favorite Starfighter : like I said, the B-wing.

2 ) Favorite Capitol ship: Mon Remonda - a battleship with enouigh staying power to stand nose to nose with a SSD, thats impressive.

3 ) favorite other vehicle : Imp AT-AT. Intimidation, pure and simple!

anyone else want to expand on their answers at all?

Cisco

14. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    1) Slave I Fett caused a jedi to hide in a asteroid field. This ship has much more firepower than any ship its size and is the only ship so far which has bridged the gap of the two trilogies.

2) Rebel Blockade Runner Maybe I just like the nickname Corvette. Also this is the first thing that you see in the opening of Ep 3.

3) Anakin's podracer Have to go with the fastest podracer ever built.

15. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    I have to agree with Jake on the ship selection love the Tie-Defender and he is right about the Star Destroyer. I like the Republic Gunship from EpII reminds me of a Huey helicopter with the troop load and the door gunners. It even has a speeder bike in the rear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.