main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

1. Yes

131 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Unsure

16 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Maybe

26 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm unsure if I want her to be a Jedi in the ST. I can't really picture Carrie Fisher with a lightsaber fighting Sith...

MODified: Gave the title a facelift so discussion can cover her potential status as not only a possible Jedi, but also a Politician or other options.

2. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Luke told her in time age would be able to you use the force like he planned to touch her

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Yes, this was alluded to in ROTJ, when Luke told Leia "In time, you will learn it (the Force) as I have." If anything, Leia will probably become the first new Jedi.

Sitara and Summer Dreamer like this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So long as she is hot like in TFU 2

[​IMG]

:p

El Jedi Colombiano and Voss like this.
  5. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    It would be nice if she had some role in the ST.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Leia eventually becomes a Jedi Master.

7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I say no as I don't want her to actually be in the film.

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Are you talking about in the EU? Cause she didn't.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Leia has to be a Jedi Master by the ST.

Leia being a Jedi was one of the main things I looked forward to the in post-ROTJ era, and I was disappointed that the EU didn't really focus on her being a Jedi that much, or really have her teamng up with Luke that much as an unstoppable Jedi team (DE seems to be the only exception).

10. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, I think she should be a Jedi Knight (or perhaps, depending on the time this trilogy takes place, a Master). Even if she were a Jedi, that doesn't mean she has to be an ***kicking Knight, not every Jedi is. Sure she knows how to fight if she had to, but one (if not the primary) purpose of a Jedi is to encourage the peaceful resolution of conflicts. Violence is the last resort. As she is a skilled diplomat, and by her very nature is peaceful, she's practically a Jedi already in that regard. They are the gaurdians of peace and justice in the galaxy, and Leia fits the bill.

11. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Even if she hasn't yet officially achieved the rank if Master, her experience sort of makes her a de facto Master.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  12. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Leia would absolutely be Luke's first student. Then any offspring. EpVII without Luke or Leia would not be a structured continuation of the Skywalker story. Just my opinion

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    Oh, she didn't? Well, it's definitely been said that she would probably become one. I'm not an expert on that era.

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Come on, it would be just like Ian McDiarmid with a lightsaber, only slightly less effeminate.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    No. I hope she isn't one. She was a politician fighting to re-establish the Republic. I would think she would remain a politician. And if Dooku and Palpatine are any indicator, it's probably best to keep your Force users and politics separate.

Well, you've sold me on the idea. But so long as she makes hissing noises and stupid faces too.

16. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    She didn't do that well as a politician post RotJ, though...the government and Jedi both went DOWN compared to the pre-RotS organizations.

17. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    No, I think she wold stick to a political role in the ST and not have been trained to be a Jedi. Think she would have some Force ability.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    In EU, her Force ability is generally seriously little until she begins training in earnest.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  20. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Actually, I would love for the tables to be turned.

I can see it now...

They make it clear that she is just Supreme Chancellor Leia, and nobody knows who she is (Vader's daughter, Luke's sister, etc.). Some bad guys come in during a Senate meeting and try to attack her and she whips out a lightsaber (or gets tossed one ala R2-D2 in ROTJ on Jabba's skiff) and she slices and dices like a badass.

21. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Should she? Yes, because with what Yoda and Luke said, it was implied she would be trained as one.
    Will she? I...think not. Carrie Fisher is not someone I could see with a lightsaber and recasting should not be an option for fear of a coup.

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not gonna lie, that would be a pretty neat reveal. I can picture the look on her face.

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yeah, she should be a Jedi.

24. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Yes,that's one of the few threads left over from ROTJ.I don't see her doing any combat,but I'm sure she knows how to use the Force at this point.

25. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not sure about the exact timeline, but she definitely struggles to be able to even flip a switch with the Force for a while.