main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Showtime] Your favorite serial killer, Dexter!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBobbalot, Aug 13, 2008.

1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    So i recently discovered this show and someone from work brought in seasons 1 and 2 and ive seen them all in a 3 day period, and it is an amazing show. I've always been enamored with the bad guy and love shows or books or anything that features the bad guy as the main character, but this show is cool because hes the bad guy yet he only kills bad people himself, making him a good guy in a way... Anyway, i love this show, what about you? And does anyone have info on season 3 yet?

2. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I keep seeing advertisements for season 3 on showtime. Yeah, that's right, I have showtime, I'm that awesome. I think it premieres in like four or five weeks.

Its a dangerous show though, that Dexter. I always feel like I could get away with murder after I watch it.

3. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    maybe you could........ if only you found a way to get that tranq that he uses... and find a viable place to dump the body parts...

I really dont know why he didnt divulge his identity to a couple people before, it seems like he could help himself so much by just telling some people what he is and where he came from and whats happened to him... And Lila just seriously went crazy. Earlier on in season 2 she seemed like she would really help him with his demons and that he could trust her. Then she went psycho. Crzy. I loved Dokes when he became stalkerish and Dexter would turn around and he was just there staring at him with a crazy half-smile on his face... Too bad hes gone :(

4. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    I think you've been watching too much Dexter if you think people would think him killing people was okay. Did you really pay attention in season 2? Dexter's dad TRAINED him to be the serial killer, and then he freaked out when he realized how horrible it was.

5. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    well his dad trained him to control his urges and gave him "The Code Of Harry." And he is a serial killer, and his methods and the way he kills his victims is incredibly sadistic, but in any comic book where a hero kills his victims, the ends are the same, is it any different?

6. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    What comic book hero that kills his victims ISN'T being hunted by the police?

7. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Just because the police are after them doesnt make them wrong :p

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    What comic book hero kills his victims? I can only think of Black Adam and everybody hated him for it.

9. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    What about The Punisher? And not just comic books, but like in The Boondock Saints too... people like that.

10. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Everybody hates the Punisher too.

11. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Well *I* like him.

12. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Readers don't count.

13. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Why do you have to be so negative and shoot down everything i say

My crying face code from trillian isnt the same crying face here on tfn.

14. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I want to be Dexter. :(

15. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    But Coruscant...Dexter's life is so lonely and miserable. He just pretends that he's happy.

16. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    You say that like I'm happy as is.

17. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Dexter is one of the best shows on TV right now. I love it to death. The first season was just spectacular, I could not get over the fact that every episode was better than the last. The second season was ok, but did not live up to the first... Regardless, its an amazing show. I had read the books beforehand, and had not expected much out of the TV show, but man was I wrong, I possibly like the show better than the books.

Dexter is not miserable. Well, ok I guess you can argue that from the second season. But from the standpoint that the first season and the books take, Dexter is never sad, he just doesn't understand human emotion. He doesn't get human nature and how people get joy of out so many things that seem trivial. He's happy with the life he has cut out for himself (lol) and lives without regret.

18. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Yeah its crazy that he doesnt *feel* anything ever. Even though it seems as though at times he has emotions going through him. I mean, isn't fear an emotion, It seemed like when his bodies were discovered and when different breakthroughs came up at the precinct his heart raced and he was afraid of being caught. Or when he killed his brother, he pretty much cried. Is it only in extreme circumstances when he actually feels anything, or what?

19. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Dexter isn't as black and white as he sees himself. He is usually emotionless, but the point of things like that were to show the viewers that he IS human, at least to some degree. It's something the books didn't really touch on. The closest thing he ever showed to emotion in the books was deciding to save Deb. But the show decided they had to at least give him SOME humanity, and it wasn't a bad move by any means.

20. Scummy

Scummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I like Dexter, but I was a little disappointed by it. Still a good show though.

Scummy

21. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Are you RebelScum's sock?

22. Scummy

Scummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I've never heard that joke before. [face_tired]

Yes.

Scummy

23. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    O.O lol i really didnt mean to put that

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    One wickedly awesome show! Still have to finish up season 2.

25. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    I love this show. I am currently watching Season 2 online. I really enjoyed Season 1.