main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silent Movie versions of the SW Movies on the Skywalker Saga box set.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Who think there should be a Silent Movie option on the Skywalkersaga Box set.

I have the Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition soundtrack and I edited it so it would exactly into the movie. So, I played it that way as George Lucas had ment to make Star Wars and I would say that it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

So, what do you think, respected Counsilmembers?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If you want a "silent movie", you could always mute it. :p

I'm assuming what you are wondering about is a "soundtrack only" audio track for the movies. Personally, I think it'd be a great idea.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I agree. GREAT idea!

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah an isolated music score while the movie is playing. It's a great feature and it's on some of my other DVD's. The best would have to be Tomorrow Never Dies SE :)

5. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I agree that an isolated music track would be good on the OT discs, but not the PT. The PT scores are too heavily edited. JW actually asked that the TPM DVD not have an isolated score, because, while he felt the edits worked fine in the film proper, he thought them embarassing artistically, and didn't want them isolated (the UE was also released without his consent). I tend to agree with him. But I think an isolated score on the OT discs would be great. I'd also love to hear an isolated sound effects track. The Pixar DVDs have these, and they're fascinating, as far as I'm concerned. The SW films have so much character in their sound effects that I would love to hear, in detail, the work that went into them. As far as I'm concerned, the sound effects are the most under-rated part of the franchise, and not near enough appreciation is given to the extraordinary work that's been done in that department: the unfortunate concentration seems to be the effects end, not the audio. What would SW be without Chewbacca's growl, Vader's breathing, Artoo's beeps, the roar of the Falcon through space, the scream of a TIE-Fighter, the hum of a lightsaber? Significantly less.

6. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    its cool to be honest with you I notice alot more when I,m watching the movie muted listen to something else while reading the subtitles, but if a silent version was an option it would be ok.

7. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Thank you for your replies, keep on going!!!

8. JediHunterCommand

JediHunterCommand Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I admire and respect Williams, but I always was slightly annoyed at the way he pulled music from two different parts of the film together for artistry. Sure, it might sound nice, but I rather like hearing all the music in chronological order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.