main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Silly drabble #28- It's a Guy Thing - Jag, Zekk, Han

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, Jul 2, 2011.

1. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Hey there! Sorry I'm so late to the party [face_blush]

?Nothing?? Jaina narrowed her eyes at her aunt and uncle. ?Nothing happened twice??

This kind of quick thinking and ability to see through things seems to me like the reason Mara wanted to be Jaina's master in the first place, don't you think? I think she would have deeply respected that quality in such a young kid

A brief look of consternation flitted across Jacen?s face. ?Won?t that take all day??

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Yes Jacen, that will take all day :p

Jaina stared, unimpressed. ?Adults are weird,? she muttered.

Only when they're talking about things tat aren't for young ears, sweetheart [face_shame_on_you]

Hilarious Lexi! Update soon :D

2. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I don't think the twins bought that!
    That was pretty funny! :D

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    That was hilarious! :D

"Nothing happened twice?" - [face_laugh] Can't fool little Jaina.

I thought it was funny how Jacen said it would take all day to list all the times Mara had threatened Luke... :p

Wonderful work!

4. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    #15- Father’s Permission
    “I’m trusting you here, Kyp.”

“I understand, Han,” Kyp replied earnestly.

Han crossed his arms over his chest. “It took a lot of convincing Leia.” He gulped. “But I convinced her that you have Jaina’s wellbeing first and foremost in mind...”

“I do.”

“… that you’d never let any harm come to her…”

“Of course not.”

“… that you’ll take good care of her.”

“I promise.”

Han sized up the young man before him quizzically. “You realize that she’s been looking forward to this for a very long time? It nearly broke her heart when you had to leave early the last time you were on Coruscant.”

“Han,” Kyp said seriously, meeting his friend’s gaze intently, with confidence, “I promised her that we’d go and have a great time, and I have no intention of letting down those expectations. Your little girl is in good hands- I promise.”

The older man narrowed his eyes at him for a moment, as though trying to see into his very soul- and then sighed and nodded. “Jaina!” he called down the hall of the suite, “Are you ready for your date with Kyp?”

Little footsteps came running down the hall, and a fast, meter-high blur barreled into Kyp, wrapping short little arms around his waist and smiling toothily up at him. “Hi, Kyp! Are we going to the Flight Museum like you promised?”

He grinned and patted her on top of her dark hair. “You bet.” He glanced up at Han. “You sure Jacen doesn’t want to come?”

Jaina scowled. “He doesn’t like ships. Come on,” she stuck her tiny hand in his and pulled him towards the door, “I get you all to myself today.”

Han’s lips quirked as he eyed the unlikely pair.

“She’s all yours, kid.”

5. haleyskywalker2

Sep 25, 2010
    That is a very unlikely pair! One is older and the other is younger.... How does Han even agree to that??

Great chapter!!

6. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    I don't know about unlikely pair...o_O unconventional maybe ;)

Loved it, just like all the others!!

7. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Ahh!!! That was so cute! [face_love]

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awww! That was too cute! I can just imagen a little Jaina dragging a 20-something Kyp around.

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, my! Han called it a date?!? How could he even go that far? That's Jaina's kind of fun, though!

Too funny! Starts out so serious, and you wonder what time period this is. My first thought was her apprenticeship, actually, not a date of any sort, let alone taking a child to a museum. Well done, once again, you've put a twist on things.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehehehehe!!!!

Soooo cute :D =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Lexi First, I thought this was on the line of Little Wonders ;)

This was SWEET & adorable! Uncle!Kyp is just :* !!!!!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A funny moment[face_laugh] and nice to see Jaina and Kyp going to a museum. Love Han's reactions

13. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Haleyskywalker2- That is a very unlikely pair! One is older and the other is younger.... How does Han even agree to that?? - LOL I think he agrees to it as more of a babysitting excursion- I don't think he particularly anticipated that in another ten or so years, Kyp would be flirting with her... [face_laugh]

LoriLynn- I don't know about unlikely pair... unconventional maybe - unconventional indeed- but adorable!

Book-Geek - Ahh!!! That was so cute! - :D Thanks!

Briannakin- I can just imagen a little Jaina dragging a 20-something Kyp around. - I can imagine her utterly wearing him out- especially at a place called 'The Flight Museum' - muahaha.

Dm1 - Starts out so serious, and you wonder what time period this is. My first thought was her apprenticeship, actually, not a date of any sort, let alone taking a child to a museum. Well done, once again, you've put a twist on things. - :D I do like my little twists. And yeah, I was envisioning Jaina being around 6 or so here.

Hazel - Hehehehehehe!!!! Soooo cute - glad you enjoyed!

Jade_eyes - LOL Lexi First, I thought this was on the line of Little Wonders - LOL well I was going for the initial idea to be that he was asking to take her out on a date or asking Han's permission to propose. ;)

Earlybird-obi-wan - nice to see Jaina and Kyp going to a museum. - :D I like to imagine Kyp getting utterly worn out by the Solo twins dragging him places.

A/N: Some inspiration credit for this one goes to LoriLynn - a brief joke in an email, really. ;)
    Otherwise, inspiration comes from the fact that I HAVE to imagine that this has happened/will happen eventually with Allana.

#16- Jedi Mind Tricks
    Walking leisurely down the corridors of the Jedi temple, Corran Horn gave a friendly nod towards Jaina Solo, who was standing outside her uncle’s office, waiting with six-year-old Amelia Solo. He almost walked completely by before he glimpsed the little girl’s face through a curtain of black hair, and he slowed, chuckling ruefully.

“You’re growing entirely too quickly, Amelia,” he smiled kindly down at her. “You’re looking more and more like your big sister every day.”

She smiled winningly up at him and he made it two more steps before the absurdity of what had just come out of his mouth caught up with him. He turned slowly back and eyed the girl more closely. “Which is strange,” he peered at her and then at Jaina, “given that you’re adopted.”

Jaina attempted to look politely bemused as Amelia glanced up at her, cool grey eyes just barely tinged with worry. When he didn’t just laugh it off after a moment, Jaina sighed and glanced around them to make sure the corridor was deserted.

“Master Horn, listen to me very carefully…”

She waved her in front of his face. “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”

“What?”

“These aren’t,” she paused for emphasis, “the droids,” her eyes narrowed, “you’re looking for.”

“Are you turning into your uncle now?”

“Master Horn-”

“I don’t think he ever explained what that meant to me anyway…”

“Corran!” He stopped talking and blinked owlishly at her. “It means drop it, turn around, and move along.”

For five seconds, his eyes flickered quickly between the faces of the young woman and the little girl by her side. Reading the deadly seriousness in both of their auras, he decided that it was best to follow her instructions. “I can do that,” he said, dropping the subject abruptly.

And he turned around and moved along.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Corran, always fun and excitement with him in a story. And Jaina's reaction;)

15. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    I can't believe I missed two updates! I'm so sorry!

Okay, Father's Permission

?It took a lot of convincing Leia.?

I'll bet it did! I'm sure Leia agreed none to happily to that idea. My own parents freaked out about me being in a similar situation when I was about six or seven

?Are you ready for your date with Kyp??

For some reason when he called it a date, I knew it wasn't, lol. Although I think Jaina might have thought of it as one...

?I get you all to myself today.?

What did I just say? [face_laugh]

Jedi Mind Tricks

?You?re looking more and more like your big sister every day.?

Uh-oh [face_worried]

?Master Horn, listen to me very carefully??

She waved her in front of his face. ?These aren?t the droids you?re looking for.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Wasn't expecting that, totally fell off my chair laughing 8-}

And he turned around and moved along.

For some reason, this line makes me want to pat Corran on the head and tell him he's a good boy :p

Great updates!

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ooh, the CorSec part of Corran has been activated.

That was a very funny way Jaina found of telling him to butt out. [face_laugh]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I'm very glad to get this funny read first thing and especially to be able to post - finally! :p

Hugs!!!!!

18. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm still cracking up over this.

I'm assuming Corran has guessed who Amelia is.

19. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    haha adorable....but what exactly did I say to inspire this? I'm wracking my brain and I got nothing! lol

Oh well, back to scheming!

20. haleyskywalker2

Sep 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]
    Corran is always fun to mess with.
    That was a great post.
    Can't wait for more!!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Bwahahahahaha. Hilarious.

Messing with Corran's mind is so much fun to write about.

22. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Father's Permission: Little Jaina being taken out by Kyp was soooooooo cute! Just shows they were friends from the start..:)

Jedi Mind Trick: ?Corran!? He stopped talking and blinked owlishly at her. ?It means drop it, turn around, and move along.?[face_laugh] Awkward yet funny! :pBrill!

Cheers for the PM.

S_M

23. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Earlybird-Obi-Wan - yeah, I've only recently gotten around to reading the Xwing books, and I've gained a new appreciation for Corran's character, given how marginalized he is in the later series.

pinkpearl89- I like to imagine that, for all of Jaina's tomboyishness in her early life, she would have had a total little kid crush on Kyp. :D

Hazel- Hopefully Corran will adhere to Jaina's advice and bury that CorSec part as deep as it'll go, haha.

Jade_eyes- always glad to perk up your morning with some humor- hope you enjoy this one!

Book-Geek- well, I don't know that he's guessed WHO she is, per say... but I think he's definitely guessed that she's related to the Solo clan in some way! ;)

LoriLynn
    - glad you enjoyed! :D And scheme away, I expect some VERY exciting updates in my email tomorrow. [face_laugh]

Haleyskywalker2 - Corran IS fun to mess with, isn't he? Why is that, anyway? LOL

Briannakin- ditto above- glad you enjoyed!

SITH_MAYO- I just love the mental image of Jaina totally taking control of the 'date' haha- but yes, I can just see her totally adoring him when she was a little girl. ;)

Thanks to everyone for reading/commenting, and hope you all enjoy this next one.

And for the record, it's SUPPOSED to be ridiculously absurd. :p This silliness takes place shortly following Tatooine Ghost

#17- The War of Art
    (companion piece to #25- The Art of War)
    “So this is it.”

He tilted his head sideways, wondering if the masterpiece of it would come through from a different angle; it didn’t.

“This is it. Killik Twilight,” Thrawn sighed lovingly in a way that Gilad Pellaeon hoped to never again hear from the supreme commander of the Imperial Navy.

“And this cost… how much?”

“Fifteen million credits.” Pellaeon was hard-pressed to keep his jaw in place, but the grand admiral must have read his shock in his eyes because he added, in a soft voice, “Give or take.”

Give or take?

Thrawn sighed again. “You can’t put a price on art, Captain.” Hadn’t he just done that? “And this particular piece- it is a lost art, Alderaanian moss painting.”

“Oh. It’s very…”

“Brilliantly conceived?”

“…small.”

A sidelong glance laden with cool exasperation shut his mouth firmly. “Captain, there is no correlation between size and greatness in the realm of art.”

“Yes, Admiral.”

“Let me tell you a little bit about the artist, Ob Khaddor…”

X---X

Forty-five minutes later, a blessing in the form of an in-person message from Commander Seyif interrupted Thrawn’s musings on Ob Khaddor, moss painting in general, and, the relevance of which Pellaeon was still trying to comprehend, fine Alderaanian cuisine. He stepped into the outer office for the brief interlude with relief. “Commander?”

“We have just made the jump to lightspeed, Captain; we arrive at Yaga Minor in sixteen standard hours.”

“Excellent.” He heard footsteps from within the inner office. “Commander,” he hissed urgently, “hurry, you still have time to-”

“Ah! Commander Seyif- do come in. I was just showing Captain Pellaeon my fine acquisition and giving him a little valuable history of the piece.”

Pellaeon patted Seyif sympathetically on the shoulder, and then, with a sigh, trailed the other two back into the inner office. “I hate art…” he muttered under his breath.

“What was that, Captain?”

“I- excuse me, Admiral, I was just saying that, as Commander Seyif is here, there is no senior officer on the bridge. Perhaps I should…” he gestured over his shoulder.

Seyif shot him a look of betrayal. Thrawn looked thoughtful. “Right you are, Captain. Why don’t you go ahead-”

“Yes?” he asked hopefully.

“-and comm Commander Tre’pin and have him report early for duty.”

Pellaeon’s face fell, though he tried to hide it by looking down to fumble for his comlink. “Yes, sir.” He did so, keenly aware of the smugly knowing look in the Admiral’s glowing red eyes the entire time.

“Now,” Thrawn clapped his hands together. “Let’s recap for the Commander, shall we?

“Alderaanian moss painting was pioneered by Ob Khaddor, and it is not painting at all; in fact, the proper terminology is that one designs a moss painting. Because it is an organic art form, it must be kept in a constant state of semi-moisture, and a small humidifying device on the back accomplishes this quite effectively. When Ob Khaddor first perfected the method…”

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Very funny. It reminds me of when I was on a band trip. We had to do something 'educational' every day, so our band teacher forced us into one of Canada's largest art galleries for like 3 hours. Yeah, you do not put 50 or so teenage musicians into a quiet (visual) ART gallery. We ended up finding a fountain and throwing pennies into it for about 2 hours.

Anyways, I sympathize with Pellaeon.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Poor Pellaeon! Thrawn just came up with a new form of torture.