main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Since I'm on here...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    I figured I'd do a couple of updates....

What is known about the new TV series...

The series will follow a multitude of character-based storylines - much like Heroes - that will occasionally converge during sweeps months. We?ll have a bounty hunter plotline that introduces a new intergalactic space-bail-bondsman into the mix, showing us the seamier side of the Star Wars universe. (Boba Fett will appear though - more on that later.) We?ll follow some new Imperial recruits - some true Palpatine believers, some a little more dubious? we?re imagining an Alias agent/counteragent vibe. There?ll be a whole Tatooine-set storyline, following pod-racing, the slave situation (one of the most dangling plot threads ever from Phantom Menace), the Hutts and their mafia organization, green dancing girls, and the founding of the Mos Eisley Cantina. (C?mon, it can be the Cheers of the 21st century! Maybe they can get Bea Arthur to resume her role as the singing bartender from the Christmas Special.) And we?ll see the early days of the Rebel resistance - no Leia or anything, but lots of stuff set on Alderan and perhaps some cameos from Mon Mothma and the ?many Bothians? who died to steal the Death Star Plans.

Other than that, the big deal is the release of the Clone Wars movie on Aug. 14th I think... and the release of Star Wars: the Force Unleashed is Sept. 16th....

:D

2. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    So basically rather than take several perfectly good ideas and develop them into several perfectly good series, the writers are copping out by blending them all together in a tangled mesh that doesn't really allow any of the story arcs time or devotion to develop into anything worth caring about.

Somehow I get the feeling the only episodes that will matter will be those with Anikin and Ben.

Their attempt at gritty was a bail bondsman? Are they serious?

This is why Sandrima needs to be a success, people.

3. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    I second Dwight. Are we doing anything for the Force Unleashed? It would be great if we could do something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.