main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Since You've Been Gone - Qui/Obi one-shot 8/30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AthenaLeigh, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    author - Athena Leigh
    title - Since You've Been Gone
    rating - G
    main chars - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    summary - What's a Master to do when his Padawan goes missing?
    note - Here's one of my older stories, another inspired by my Padawan. It's one of her favorites and one of mine. What happens when it rains. Obi-Wan is about 15.

Since You've Been Gone

Outside the rain continued to beat down on the now muddy ground, lush green grass, and full leafy trees in the distance, all hidden by the dark night. There had been lightning and thunder as afternoon waned, but the storm had tapered to a constant flow of water from the dark sky by the middle of night. The one thing that had not ebbed yet was the heat and humidity, the nearly tropical conditions unaffected by the weather system, though by morning the sky would be clear and the new day fresh and crisp.

Qui-Gon sighed. Even though it was midnight, he could not sleep. Throwing back the sheet, he left his bed and went to the big window to watch the rain, hoping it would calm his mind. Dressed in only his sleep pants because of the extreme heat, he climbed onto the viewing seat with his knees against his chest and leaned against the cool glass, listening to the rhythmic tapping on its smooth surface. He reached out a long arm and pushed open the paned doors, allowing the falling moisture in, letting it cool his warm, bare skin.

He sat watching the rain, wishing his Obi-Wan were with him. His Padawan loved the rain; they had spent many times watching it together. Obi-Wan sometimes loved to just dance as the sky opened up and showered upon him, his Master watching in delight the simple display of such pure joy. Qui-Gon would even sometimes join him, after a little prodding, and together they would relax in the beauty of nature.

The wind blew through the open portal and brushed his whiskered cheeks, and he sighed again. He wondered where his Padawan could be; he had wanted to go searching for him, but the security personnel had assured him they would find the missing boy. To avoid offending anyone, Qui-Gon had agreed to remain behind, but now he was wishing he had not for all he could do was worry. He had returned from the talks to find his Padawan was not in their quarters. Obi-Wan had been gone since before the storm blew in and only Force knew where he was all these hours later.

So far, Qui-Gon had only thought up about a dozen different bad things that might have happened to his apprentice, including slipping in the mud, falling into a ditch, and breaking his leg; drowning in a swollen river even though the rain was not intense enough for rivers to be very treacherous, especially for a Jedi; and being kidnapped by any one of a number of criminal types. Through their young bond he could feel his Padawan was alive but naught beyond that. As the night wore on and no news came, the Master's apprehension for the young man in his care increased exponentially.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had been together long enough for Qui-Gon to realize that he cared greatly for the growing child at his side. He was now at the point where his fatherly concern for the one he cared about was very strong. He knew that with more time he would gain the balance between caring for Obi-Wan and the ability to keep his anxiety for his child's safety from overcoming him. For now, however, he was very much anxious over the young one's return to him in the dark night.

At the edge of his sight, he saw motion. Peering through the black rain, Qui-Gon saw two figures approaching the dwelling. They neared, and he clearly saw it was Obi-Wan and a native dressed in the blue and white security uniform of the planet. Obi-Wan was drenched and his head was hanging, rainwater dripping from his nose and from the folds of his soaked garments.

Qui-Gon was so relieved he immediately jumped through the open window onto the saturated lawn just beneath, his naked feet silently rushing toward the apprentice.

Before he knew what had happened, Obi-Wan was enclosed in a tremendous lion hug. It took a moment f

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwww that was adorable! The fatherly affection Qui-Gon has for Obi-Wan is very well done.

=D= That was so good! Let's have another shall we? :D

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh! Qui & Obi mush!!!! [face_love] and so wonderfully done!!!! =D= Great job Athena!! How sweet! :D Love these two in this fic! *snrk* Qui juz wearing pants and leaping out of the window! :) How dedicated is that to one's Paddy? The 'Ahhhhhh' factor is off the scale!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awwweee how cute *applause*

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was very sweet. I liked that Qui-Gon was so worried and yet he didn't admonish Obi-Wan. Good job.

6. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Very cute, very sweet. I really liked it.

7. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Laurie Lol, thanks, this has been one of my most well received stories. But I know what part of it you liked :p And yes, more soon.

Kynstar Thank you, I thought it was very dedicated, but then he loves the rain, and it was so awful hot. Rain would feel very cooling. Mush is fun to write as well as read. ;)

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Thank you. *bows*

diane Thank you. [face_blush]

Jedi_Chani Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

8. Jedi_Twilight

Jedi_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    I must say that was beautifully done.

9. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Thank you very much, Jedi_Twilight. :)

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, beautifully done! Lovely work, I am incredibly impressed!

11. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Thank you, VaderLVR. [face_blush] I wish I could write like that all the time *shrug* sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it's a struggle to force it to come without making it look forced. ;) Thank you for reading and for the kind words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.