main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith holocron

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by nickmiester97, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmiester97

nickmiester97 Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2010
    Yea, it looks wierd, but ill see what i use when i make it.

2. nickmiester97

Oct 18, 2010
    well, i have scetched out my designes, so, i will upload them and give you the link soon.

3. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    I was just at the Disneyland Grand Californian's bar(drowning my sorrows at Star Tours being closed for re-modeling) and got this cool looking Star Wars-esque drink with a lighted ice cube, a mini pocket holocron!

Here are some examples.

If I was to make a holocron, I would get a few of these, come up with a cool mold and cover them with clear epoxy so they are one unit. Put the ends of the ice cubes on the edges of the mold so you can turn the thing on and off. Epoxy, after being sanded, can easily be painted or buffed clear. You can also add pigment to the epoxy to give it some color. Epoxy some balsa wood to create opaque 'metal' areas, sand and paint. Epoxy makes everything look smooth and put together. You could also try using EL wire in an epoxy mold.

I just have this thing against plexi glass. I lost too much blood putting plexi windows in my race car...

4. Darth_Primus6

Darth_Primus6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2007
    this is one i made that actually levitates on a center post using magnets
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/jedi006/Tidewater%20Alliance/my%20stuff/a23fa280.jpg]

5. nickmiester97

Oct 18, 2010
    Thats really cool. thats the kind of holocron i want to make, but of course i'll customize it. What materials did you use on the holocron?

6. Darth_Primus6

Darth_Primus6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2007
    picked up a clear plastic storage box from Micheals Crafts, a wooden base, clear 1/8th inch rod (for center post) and about 20 of the 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/8 rare earth magnets (those super strong suckers) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.