main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Sith language,symbols and hieroglyphics

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by trayjahn, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trayjahn

trayjahn Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2006
    Are there any sources out there where i can find images of the sith language or sith hieroglyphics?I would love to see some of the famous sith teachings in there original form.Apparently the original sithese language takes the form of hooked and barbed hieroglyphics but that is all I have managed to find out despite trawling the net.If anyone out there has any answers or better still sources where I can find said images I would be very grateful.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Suggestion: if any Lucasfilm Games cover Sith, they may have visuals or screenshots showing Sith writings. That is all I can suggest apart from checking the prequel-era Star Wars comics.

Three seconds later... http://www.edandmari.com/starwars/2A.htm

3. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thought it looked familiar, and not like "hooked barbs" at all.

Just assumed web writer knew what he was talking about.

I can recall comic pages dealing with the Empress Teta star system and the pair of heir/heiress who started the Sith-based Krath religion showing Sith writing on the insides of temple walls, but you can't really be sure if LFL had any part inthe look, or if the staff illustrator just made it up.

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Freedon Nadd uprising gives a good panel or two of the writing in Satal's stolen Sith book, IIRC. That's all I can think of.

Wookieepedia has a short list of known Sith vocambulary and phrases.

But hey, this is the RPing section. Feel free to take some creative liscense with the myriad words that we don't have translations for. In fact, what we have is so limited you'll have to take some creative license. Example: in the 007 series, I've got a Sithspawn character who functions much like a Symbiote from Spiderman. I wanted to give his kind a name, not just "Sithspawn" so I took the word "Jen" meaning dark and made up the word Gurrat for slug. Then I stuck the two together with an apostrophe and got Jen'Gurrat or Dark Slug. Is it canon Sithese? Heck no. Does it sound close enough? I think so.

6. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Yeah, In fact, most of the Mandalorian Language comes from Fan-Created Fandalorian

Or, in a pinch, you can use the Massasi Font...

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/themes/f_massas.gif]

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The Massassi heiroglyphs is related to Sith much like German is related to Gaul. Sith is the root language which the Massassi language evolved from. In fact the Massassi are believed to have been mutated Sith (the species) warriors that either Kun or some other Sith Lord created.

8. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    You best bet for actual Sith writting would be off the sides of a Sith Holocron, though I have not yet found any real translations for actual Sith writting.

But even with an authetic image of a Sith holocron such as this, it is incredibly hard to see the writting clearly.

[image=http://www.dmeb2.org/news/images/sithholocron1_sm.jpg]

9. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Naga Sadow created the Massassi race to be his personal bodyguards/strike force, they're actually Sith Warriors mutated with Sith Alchemy. The Massassi Language is very similar to that of the Sith, only deviating because of isolation from their Sith cousins for such a long period of time.

Here's another image of a Sith Holocron, but it looks to be Aurebesh at the bottem.

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.