main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Skiara - offline & reduced time

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Aug 1, 2008.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I will! [:D]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Skiara likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes... [face_love] Natalie [face_love] is most certainly only here for the cake...

[​IMG]
    [face_shhh]

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That means someone brings in cake? Where is it? Yummy! :D

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Just reading the word 'cake' and I'm getting hungry... :p

I'm back now!! And I'm happy to be! :D

How have your Skiara-free days been? What did you do that I shouldn't know of? ]:D

I did well. The waterdamage is still going on and they discovered a second damage as well, so I think it takes some more weeks now. It's almost that I'm getting used to sleep in the dining-living-room and that there's no chance to get a good shower, since it's 36°C and more at that area because of the drying machines. But yeah... at least we still can stay at home. Let's see how long that will last... [face_plain]

But on the positive side, we had some events going on here (organised by ourselves) and every single one was great!! We had a wonderful time and got proved once more how good our friends are! :D

6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome back, Skiara! "The circle is now complete." :D

I tried to find a SW meme that used Vader's line "I've been waiting for you...", but this was all I could find, so...enjoy!

[​IMG]

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  8. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm very happy to have you back. :) Sorry to hear that things still aren't back to normal yet though. :(

[face_thinking] Does me having to go to the emergency room on the 11th count?

9. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for the invite to the Crimson Jedi thread, Skiara. I had not come across that yet as I haven't gone in the EU area before. I took a quick look through some of the recent posts and it looks like a fun and friendly group in that thread:). Is it necessary to be familiar with the EU to post there and to participate in the missions?

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That count... Darth Gangrenous what happened? You're fine again now?

Pensivia, no, you don't need any knowledge about the EU to join us. You'll meet some known faces from WNU as well and everyone will help you if you have questions. If you start posting in the rest of EUC, some knowledge might help, but even then... Everyone started at zero and I'm sure if you like EU or get curious about it, you will know a lot soon. :)

Darth Gangrenous and Pensivia like this.
  11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I was sitting here doing Teh-Mole stuff when I got very dizzy and lost my vision for a second or two. Had I been standing instead of sitting down, I would have fell down. The dizziness remained the rest of the day and the next couple days I just wasn't feeling right(fuzzier in the head than normal) so I went to the hospital to find out if I might have had a small stroke. After a CT scan and an angiogram they found no evidence of a stroke(current or past), no tumors and no aneurisms. Apparently I have vertigo but it comes and goes randomly so at least it's not something that I have to deal with all the time. Now I just have medical bills totaling $8598.40 to deal with. The hospital wants $7689.40, the radiologist is charging me $780 for looking at the CT scan and angiogram results and the pathologist billed me $129 just to supervise the person examining my blood work(or examining it him/herself) and reporting it to the doctor and I may receive another bill from the doctor who attended me while I was there. [face_sigh]

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dear Lord, Darth Gangrenous... how atrocious. I am glad you are not (evidently) ill, but the billing is mad. Hopefully, your symptoms were something easily balanced such as sleep or vitamins... but, the bill is enough to make a person pass out or have a stroke. They will try to play hardball on your minimal payment, but you can seriously push for a very, very low minimum payment, such as $30-$50 per month. They will push for more, but will settle for you willingly regularly paying anything.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, damn!! :eek: I'm not sure, what I shall think... First it was "hopefully nothing serious" and then "happy that everything's fine", but then "what the... that's an heavy bill" and "wasn't there something that every citizen in the US should be in a health insurancy - didn't work out yet it seems...".

I don't know the system over there, but I hope that Chorus is right and you don't have to pay all at once.

Best of luck!! [face_good_luck]

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Just a quick note: health issues kept me from being online long enough. It's getting better though now. :)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Grand to hear you're recovered. Exercise & a healthy diet are essential for the rigors of moderating these hostile boards.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I heard that non-healthy food helps to mod... :confused:

18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Feel better! [:D]

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm not feeling well for the last couple of days and since it's even hard to sit infront of the computer sometimes, I need a small break.

I asked A Chorus of Disapproval and NYCitygurl to help. So if there's anything you need a mod for, feel free to send a private message to them. :)
    (Thanks Chorus and NYC! :) ).

Oh, and one last thing...

I know, I can't stop you from partying, so... please, just tidy up afterwards... a bit at least, ok? [face_batting]

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Get well soon, or I'll have to become mod.

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Is that a threat? :p

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    She's gone! Everyone, be sure to take your complimentary petrol jug and matches!
    [​IMG]

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yay! I Are The Mod!!!!

25. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Feel better soon Skiara! [:D]