main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Skywalking Moments [UDC 7] Completed June 15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Jan 28, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Skywalking Moments
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: Various – Mostly Post-RotJ
    Characters: Various – though I do predict most of these will be Luke/Mara or Ben related
    Notes: Written for UDC 7. This is my first attempt at drabbles. Borrowing the title from another – little read – fic of mine.

1. Baby

“Let me see him,” Mara cried. After an illness-filled pregnancy and risky labor, the fight was over.

Medical monitors screamed their alarms. “Mara, no,” Tekli said sternly. “We have to stabilize you.”

Mara was ready to jump off the birthing table. “LET ME SEE MY BABY!” There was no refusing her; her husband knew this, so as soon as Cilghal was finished examining the small child, Luke picked him up, wrapped him in a blanket and brought him to Mara.

“He’s healthy and beautiful, just like his mommy.” Luke allowed Mara to see her son. Tears filled her eyes.

“Ben.”

2. Child

“Daddy, are you up?” four year old Ben asked from the door.

“Skywalker, your child wants you,” Mara muttered as she rolled over in bed.

“Why is he always mine at oh-three-hundred?”

“Because he’s only my child from the times of fifteen-hundred to twenty-hundred and only when he’s behaving.”

“Which is never.” Luke sat up, rubbing his eyes. “Ben, what do you need? The sun isn’t even up yet.”

“You said we were goin’ fishin’ today.”

Luke sighed. “Yes Ben, but it isn’t today yet.”

“Okay.” The child left, only to return five minutes later. “Is it today yet, Daddy?”

3. Teenager

“Ben!” Rowan shouted across the lobby. “Some of the guys are going to catch a race tomorrow. Come with us.”

Ben wanted to go along, to be a teenager for a change, but the idea of being a teenager was alien to him. He went from being a child to being an adult in an instant a few months ago. “I’d like to, but I have stuff to do tomorrow.”

Ben went to his father’s office to see Luke playing absentmindedly with his wedding band. Luke did that when he was thinking of Mara.

“Hey Dad, let’s go fishing tomorrow.”

4. Adult

“You’re making me feel so damn old, Ben,” Luke sighed, casting his reel into the water. He looked to where the still water met the horizon.

“You are damn old, Dad,” Ben replied, baiting his hook.

“Shut up,” he retorted. “What I’m trying to say is thank you. You’ve had to care for yourself and me since your mother died. It’s not fair that you’ve had to become an adult so quickly, but it has helped me – a lot.”

“I didn’t have a choice. But even if I’m an adult now, I’m still only fourteen. I still need my dad.”

5. Elderly

“Hey old man,” Jacoba, Ben’s youngest granddaughter at 15, said as she entered his bedroom. “Dad wants to know if you want to come for supper. Kol made spiceloaf. It’s rather scary.”

“I’d rather die than eat Kol’s spiceloaf,” Ben retorted from his hoverchair by the window. Ben, like his father, had lived long enough to be called an ‘elderly gentleman’, though he did not act like one.

“So would I. Do you want to come or not?”

“I’ll come for you,” he said powering up his hoverchair. “But I refuse to eat any spiceloaf – it’s of the dark side.”

Falcon, Gemma and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    And here i thought cookies were of the dark side. :p

Great Ben moments Bri! [:D]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bri! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Yayness! Wonderful title and use of the prompts. OK, [face_laugh] I need to change my title bar ;) it's UDC #7.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Those were great!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I'm guessing that didn't work for long :p

Looking forward to more

=D==D==D==D==D=

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice.

6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    In those stupid books Luke and Ben have never gone fishing:_| Oh, that's why we have our own sandbox, do we? :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Breaks my heart for Luke and Ben but at least they had that time together. [face_love] And Ben had a long life to carry on his parents' memory.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Spiceloaf is of the darkside :([face_laugh] ....gee I wonder if thats because of his Aunt Leia

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great moments showing Ben from baby to an elder man

10. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    So many cute family moments! :)

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    My favorite is "Child" "Is it today yet?" [face_laugh]

It reminds me of the time I told my son to eat his vegetables before he could have seconds on his meat.. he took one bite of his vegetables and said, "Ok, I ate them. Now could I have more chicken?" :rolleyes:

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    “Hey Dad, let’s go fishing tomorrow.”

Usually, it's the other way around. Loved that!

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading everyone.

This week features my OC Beru Skywalker (as seen in So Not A Stay At Home Mom and Dancing Inside), so some may not understand these fully. They are ordered by how old Beru is in each.

Stressed

Everyone gave Mara the same advice: avoid stress. But none of them knew what it was like to find out that their unborn child had deformed lungs and parts of brain missing. Mara was stressed and worried and just wanted to cry. Damn hormones. She excused herself from the council meeting and went back to her chambers.

Luke came and laid down beside her, rubbing her humongous stomach. “You can cry, or beat me, if it makes you feel better and less stressed. I won’t tell anyone.”

“Mind if I cry now and beat you later?”

“Whatever you want, Love.”

Sick

Mara was honestly sick of Beru being sick. Beru was only three, but Mara had lost count of how many times Beru had seen Cilghal. This time it was just the flu, but because Beru’s lungs were deformed, she had to be monitored closely. So Mara was going on her 68th hour awake, sitting in the lounger, holding her daughter.

Luke entered. “I came back as soon as I heard.” He kissed her, then kissed his daughter.

“I know. Now that you’re here, I’m going to sleep.”

Luke nodded, picked up his daughter and held her. “Go. I got her.”

Healthy

The days that she was healthy and pain-free were too few for Luke. So when Beru was, he liked to make the most of it. One of her favorite activities was swimming so he took a leave of his duties for the afternoon and took her to the academy’s pool.

Beru was all smiles and giggles as her daddy pushed her around the warm pool on a floatie bed. He put up with her splashing him but never dared to splash her back. He eventually rolled her off the floatie at the shallow end and held her in his arms.

Injured

The attack on the Temple had happened fast. Few had gotten injured, there had been no fatalities and the attack failed, but Luke still felt horrible. Beru had been one of the injured. She had been rushing a few younglings into a safe-room when she had been shot in the stomach.

She was 24 and a married woman, but Luke still saw her as his baby-girl. He sat with her now, holding her hand as she slept fitfully in the med-center bed.

Her husband, Divad, entered the room and simply nodded at Luke, sat down and took Beru’s other hand.

Frustrated

Many things had frustrated Beru in her lifetime because of her disability, but this was the worst.

‘Damn it Divad. This position is NOT working,’ she yelled at her husband through the Force.

Divad immediately got off her.

Sex had always been an interesting challenge for them, but now that Beru was 5 months pregnant, love making was simply frustrating – though they were both more frustrated when they didn’t do it. All of their usual positions simply did not work.

“Here,” Divad said, “I have an idea.” He got up and carried her to the lounger in the living room.

Falcon and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Stressed: @};- Very Mara-ish. ;) Sick/Healthy: awww. Liked the image of Beru & dad!Luke swimming.

But Bri, Frustrated -- [face_rofl] [face_rofl] super duper use of that prompt. [face_mischief] Very wonderful reading of Beru again. And Divad LOL [:D] !!!!

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Divad...the MacGyver of sexual positions.[face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Well he would HAVE to be [face_laugh] Now I want to do a Beru/Divad smut series on LJ with that tag line [face_rofl]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    These were all great, but I think Stressed is my favorite. You write Luke and Mara great.

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm with Luke. I still think of Beru as his little baby girl!! [face_love] LOLOL Very sweet and I love seeing more of our little gal!

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hello Beru! [:D] So nice to see you again.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A lovely set and sweet to see a different future for Mara and Luke

21. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    All of them were great, but Stressed was my favorite!!

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a heartbreaking beginning to Beru's life.

Glad she found happiness as an adult.

=D==D==D==D=

Gemma likes this.
  23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Sweet moments! :) <3

Beru is going to be a mother! :)

Please tag me when you update.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Tag List Lady_Misty

A/N I’m currently writing some LM/Skywalker family mush, so I decided to go with another couple for these. Also, I am NOT sorry for the ending. Bah-humbug.

Attraction

Tycho knew it was creepy to have a holo of her in his X-Wing cock-pit, but she was so beautiful. They had been friends for quite a few years but he recently asked her out on a date and it had gone marvellously. He had taken her to a show and he had gotten to hear her rare laugh. He had always admired her strength, but now he admired that laugh so much more. For so long Tycho had be numb to feelings. He had been alive, yet not living his life. Now all that was changing; he was feeling.

Love

She had been often told that she had a heart made of ice; that her soul was colder than the core of Hoth. She used this to form her identity because it was not far from the truth. After Alderaan was destroyed, it was the easiest identity to have. If Leia had been the Ice Princess – melted by a handsome smuggler – Winter was the Liquid Nitrogen Queen – fearing closeness to anything and everything.

Therefore, Winter did not love. Her name said it all.

Yet Tycho, a man she had known for many years, was doing something strange to her heart.

Commitment

“You’re making a mistake, Tycho,” Janson said before he took a swig of ale.

“Yeah, commitment isn’t for Rogues, just look at what it did to Wedge,” Hobbie said with a drunk grin. “The general is whipped.”

Wedge rolled his eyes. “I’m not whipped.”

“Wedge, it’s past oh-hundred hours,” Janson said.

The general looked at his chrono. “Oh shavit. Iella is going to have my head.” He finished his ale in one swig, then was out the door.

“See?” Hobbie said. “And Winter will make you even worse – that woman never forgets anything.

“You two are just jealous,” Tycho huffed.

Marriage

When they told Winter that marriage would be no walk in the park, she grew worried, but she had no reason to. Tycho was a wonderful husband. Even though he desperately wanted children, he respected her wishes to stop trying after her second in vitro fertilization concluded with no results. Sure he always left the refresher seat up and left his dirty socks lying around – annoying her to no end – but Tycho loved her and that was more than she had asked for.

He tried sneaking up behind her as she stood on the balcony. “I love you,” she said.

Anniversary

Winter stared as the rain hit the window and fell down like her tears should be. But her tears were frozen within her. Without Tycho to warm her, Winter felt nothing.

He had died last week after a horrible fight with Pancreatic Tumulois. He had tried desperately to see today – their 50th wedding anniversary – but his body failed him. She had let him go. She had given him her permission to give up because she knew he was suffering only for her, but she still felt betrayed.

She would have loved to kiss him and to see his smile today.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :_|:(

Briann, why did you have to end it this way? It was going so beautifully.

@};-