main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Snazzy name badges for RMFF?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Dec 27, 2012.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    While I was ordering my 501st name badge I emailed Damien Metzer (VegasVader) about designing one with an X-Wing for the RMFF.

Here was my question:

"The Rocky Mountain Fan Force had a question about minimum orders and if you could do a group order with an X-Wing (we are the caretakers of the 3/4 X-Wing in Denver, the one that's been all over the country and still owned by LFL). Again, we are in no hurry (and no timeline) for this. At this time I'm just getting some info. Can you help us with this?"

Here is his answer:

"Heheh, I know, if you look under the cockpit where the signatures of the people who have worked on it are, you will see my name and "VegasVader" callsign.
    When it was in Las Vegas, I had to pretty much completely rebuild R2, and repair all of the electronics, as well as making the ladder and T-track skid system that now goes with it.

I would have to work with them to make a different looking badge than the 501st or Rebel legion badges, but yes, I can do single badges once we settle on a design.

Damien in
    Las Vegas"

I had asked Zoo and a couple others about getting name badges for us when we are doing open cockpit, so this was not exactly out of the blue. I just took advantage of asking the question when I ordered. I'll be glad to bring my R2 badge (for those that haven't seen it) to a meeting sometime (February?) to get a good idea of what it would look like. I'm going to guess because we are a smaller group than 501st/RL it would probably be about $25 per badge, but pricing has not been discussed (that's how much the R2 badges were).

What I need now is to see how many people are interested, and someone to come up with the design. I'm thinking replacing the R2 with an X-Wing. Since Damien is also an R2 builder, I'm going to pick his brain to see how we can fix Artoo (I'm just not satisfied with the giant silver band around it, I know there must be a way to fix it). Just post here if you will consider getting a badge knowing that pricing will come later. Again, he doesn't need a group order (individuals can order once the design is in place), I'm just gaging interest.

Thank you.

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I just got my RL badges on Christmas eve. Great timing. They are pretty awesome. I would be down for 2. Do you mean an acrylic Xwing in the top left corner?

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I would be interested

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    me too! i need to get a RL one as well...

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'd be interested.

6. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    The R2 one has it in the top right corner, but, yeah, something like that. I'll try to make some sort of drawings with everybody's ideas for Feb meeting. Maybe I can get Brack to help (my drawing skills are not that good). Keep the ideas coming!

7. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

This is to give you an idea. But any idea on how to make this customized for us will be considered.