main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Snowed In

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TIEace, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I want lots of snow.

2. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    On the noontime news they showed a press conference with the director of MEMA (Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency). At the end of the conference he said to the reporters, "And I'm sure we'll see you all again on Friday night when the next Nor'Easter comes through."

We're getting another storm, same scenario, on Friday night into Saturday!!!!!! Double Holy Cow!

3. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Not on the weekend!! NOOO

4. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Where is the snow?

We've been getting a lot of freezing rain and sleet here, and it looks like it is just starting to snow a bit.

I guess the worst is yet to come. Definetly no school tomorrow. And the stupid people in my district watied until this morning to cancel instead of cancelling like everyone else did last night. *grumbles* So, I had to get up and check the TV at five this morning.

But, then I went back to bed, so it worked out.

5. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah I've been snowed in today. I didn't bother checking the TV. I woke up at 6, and it was coming down pretty consistantly. Nobody was up so I just decided to go back to sleep. The best part for me is watching all the morning shows that you never get to watch when you go to school. Especially Regis lol.

6. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Its coming down at a pretty good clip now. Lots of snow coming, lots of snow!! Weee!!

I missed pretty much all the morning shows cause I didn't wake up until ten o'clock. Ooopsie. But, I got lots of sleep, so I was very happy.

7. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    We're getting ice right now. Not good. It'll cancell school if there's enough of it, but it's no fun. :( Hopefully it'll finish the change to snow soon.

8. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    There's tons of snow outside today! At least there is in the Worcester area. I hope there is one last snow attack on the Worcester area tonight so I can get my birthday off tommorow.

9. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    No work today in Portsmouth! WooHOOO!! Not that I could really go if I wanted to, seeing as how my car is plowed in...

Vertical

10. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    lol, you're all homebound. I'm FINALLY getting some snow, it should keep up. I have to go to school tommorrow!

11. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    I love this 'no work' thing. I could definitely get used to it. Sleeping til 10:00am is such a good thing.

But shoveling this mess? Ick! It's the wicked heavy stuff. My back and shoulders are going to be so sore later.

12. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Home again. We got hit with a lot of snow. At least 3 feet. I was shoveling a lot this morning, but I slipped on the road and hit my tail bone, so now I don't have to. =)

13. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Ouch, TIEace. I hope you're ok.

14. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    We don't have much snow. Maybe three-four inches. But we're still off school. :) It's weird, probably less snow than we've gotten other times and we don't have school. I'm happy. :)

15. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    They definitely screwed this one up. Biggest storm since '78? I think not. I've had to go to work in much worse conditions. But I just came back in from shoveling. Ugh. It's so wet and heavy. Good luck digging your car out, Vert.

16. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    We probably got a good 20 inches here. Fun stuff. No school again today and there is a chance they might cancel tomorrow if enough people are without power and if the clean up is still in progress. We'll see though.

I didn't have to do any shoveling at all. My Dad pulled out the snowblower and the driveway is looking pretty good. Although my car has disappeared under the massive amount of snow there is. Oh well. I'll have to go dig that out pretty soon.

17. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I have a very long driveway, so I have a plow. :D

18. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah I'm ok, it wore off. Day 3 of staying home. Five day weekend!!!

19. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Day 3 for me too!! But, I'm going a bit stir crazy!! Ahhh!! I need to get out of the house!! :)

20. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I WANT to go out and shovel!

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Your insane Bib! I hate shoveling! I shoveled all day yesterday and today I am in great pain. Only my Force healing techniques are keeping me alive.

22. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I'm kept alive by coke. Grl is kept alive by Dimetapp.

23. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Bah! I had to go to work today. But at least I'm not one of the idiots that drove all the way to work on Monday only to find out we were closed. (4 people did that) Slap a big "L" on their foreheads!

24. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Katriel- You have some short hours! Do you work part time or something?
    Company: Citigroup
    Job Title: Commercial Underwriter

25. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    LOL! I'm home for lunch right now. I work 7:15am to 4:00pm. We get an hour for lunch and because I live so close to where I work, I go home every day for lunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.