main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General So, Episode VII...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Michael Arndt is writing it, he has done some good work.

So far Lucasfilm has made good choices, whether the plot itself is any good remains to be seen.

Yoshee likes this.
  2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Apparently Lucas did the treatments for the next films

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    As he should, he is the creator and knows the universe best and what direction he wants the story to go in after the last moves (remember he originally planned it to be more than 6 parts so he does have material to expand the story).

The story is and never has been the issue, the script and acting were the big problems in the PT. Neither of those are controlled by Lucas now, Arndt has used the treatments to write out his own outline for the next 3 movies as well as sripting Episode VII. Also the fact Kasdan is on board is a welcome return, he really should have been involved with the PT IMO given the work he did with ESB & Indiana Jones.

4. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Well, now that news has broken of more films I thought I'd return to my once favourite forum. Some of my fellow SW fans weren't too pleased with the Disney purchase but I'm quite excited. I also like the idea of stand alone movies to run alongside the saga.

My only disappointment with my return is my old FFUK sheep icon seems to have died [face_sigh]shame.

halibut and Yoshee like this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Icons didn't carry over to the new boards. Your icon is probably still on the server but it would be too small for here.

6. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Yeah, but I notice we have much more freedom with icons now than in the old days so I may have to make my own (for those who remember, I may even revive the FFUK sheep). I see some old faces are still here, which is nice :)

halibut and Yoshee like this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    What is this, the old UK RSA hang around?

I had the sheep icon updated for emilsson's sake, so here it is in a format suited for these boards

[​IMG]

halibut, Darth_Asabrush and Yoshee like this.
  8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    More members return

[​IMG]

9. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    That Obi Anne, has made my day! Ta! :)

It only took a multi-billion dollar buy out and the promise of more films for us (me) to return. I'm easily pleased.

10. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Likewise!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame this didn't happen earlier, I was starting to get bored posting almost by myself :p

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    3 bitter ex-RSAs in the same thread!

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I could ask Tim to come back, then you'd have four :p

14. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm not bitter. Much...

15. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    I think Jar Jar made me bitter....but having a 3 year old son who is obsessed with SW (OT) soothes the pain.

16. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    My 4 year old daughter has helped me fall in love with Star Wars again. Sadly she seems to find Jar Jar amusing though.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He was designed for kids, just like Ewoks.

TCW cartoon manages to balance being for kids with having appeal for adult fans too, shame the PT didn't do that so well.

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Not seen a single episode of Clone Wars yet, even though I have them. Perhaps I should watch them now that Disney has taken over.

I tried to watch the original animated series, but that was too dull for words

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The current series isn't on UK TV yet. However, you can see the older episodes on Cartoon Network/CN Too.

20. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    I quite like the animated CW series.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There have been some episodes I haven't liked (Pong Krell and the whole arc with the Mon Cal prince from the last series) but on the whole I've enjoyed it.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Even Maul's return has become an excellent story arc, although Iw as against the idea of bringing him back.

When the show works it works very well, but being primarily aimed at kids it can sometimes have silly or irritating episodes and do story arcs that go on too long (case in point the recent D-Squad episodes involving the droids and the annoying micro-alien dude)

23. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    On the subject of Darth Maul. What are your thoughts on one of the stand alone films featuring him? He was greatly underused before as we all know....

24. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I think the newly opened possibility for spinoff movies is a great opportunity to flesh out his character. I'm just now watching the CW series - watched and enjoyed the movie but didn't follow the series. Looking forward to seeing him there. But I'd REALLY like to see him in a life-action setting. So badass.

[​IMG]

Yoshee likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Something based on his Sith training (as seen in the Plagueus novel and a YA book or two) might be pretty good. It would make a nice dovetail to the Jedi training already seen in the films.