main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX So how's the convention going?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia, Mar 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    How's the convention been going? Anything fun/cool happening? :D

2. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Yes, enquiring minds want to know... ;)

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Not too bad really. I would like to be selling a little more at my table. I think the weather hampered the turnout. There are were less people than at the October show last year. Good show though.

I was having fun ragging on Brandon, Rob, and the rest of the "Episode 2 discussion" team. :D

Is it safe?

I hope Sunday goes smooth. This is a call for all the rest of the DFW Fanforce team to join us... :) Let's get it on. :D

4. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Sorry I can't go :( I'm not only broke this week but there's some stuff going on in RL that makes me unable to get out to that side o' the metroplex right now. I'll see you guys at the next meeting and convention tho'.. have fun! Hope you sell more stuff, too....

5. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I ended up doing ok in the end. I brought my vcr/tv and spent most of my time educating the masses about SW. :D I put together several tapes with fan films, episode 1 and 2 news, SW trailers, video game clips, etc. Hey, someone has to show Troops to those who are not yet converted to the SW way of life. :)

We could have recruited a hundred people to be in a fan film with the size of the crowds watching the showings of Question of Faith. Scud was too embarrassed to hang around during the showings. :) Kind of funny. :D

Now, I must prepare for this weekends RPG event. :D

6. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL!! Sounds great.. thanks for the updates on the con, THX!! :) It was almost like being there (almost! ;) heheh).

7. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    When THX says 'I' put together tapes I wonder if he means WE? ;) (He couldnt have done it without me / or I so quickly without him :D for sure it would not have been so cool) We are going to make an official DFW display tape of the stuff we have for the next time!

I had a good time. I got #'s to the two hottest women there! JK

I was overwhelmed by all the SW toys that were from my childhood. Of course they were worth a fortune, and I had trashed or thrown away mine in the '80s :(

ANyway looking forward to my second show ever :cool:

8. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Jarvis: oh yeah.. that's why it's hard for me to go to those shows - and that's why I want to go so bad, too. All those memories from childhood of things we had and don't anymore.. and *especially* those things we always wanted but never got! ;) LOL!!! :D

9. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    :( I missed it. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Missed my chance to meet Erin Gray :mad:

The test and seminar ran over, and by the time we had dinner it was about 10:00pm and I didn't feel like driving back that late.

Hung out late Sat. night instead and didn't get back until after 5:00pm on Sunday.

Saw the flyer for the next uncommoncon here in Dallas. Hopefully I'll make it there [face_plain]

10. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey people !!! ObiJuan here from the SA FanForce - I must say that I had an AWESOME time there at Plano (the guys know why - one word - Michonne :) ) - Anyway, I wanna take the time out to thank Tim for talking with me and introducing me to everyone - and I got the pictures done today and they all came out Great !!!! - Chad, don't worry Bro, the picture took before you looked away !!! - Once Jared gets them scanned and emailed to me I shall forward them to you and Tim !!! - I also wanna thank Richie from Richie's Armor - If you guys wanna be Fett or some other choice characters - That is the man to talk to !!!! - And finally, Last but CERTAINLY not Least - I wanna thank Michonne Bourriague for bestowing the right to be her Webmaster - It's gonna be some hard work :) (smell that ? -that's sarcasm) - Anyway, once the main pages of the site is up you can be sure to see me posting it here at FanForce - I look forward in meeting with you guys again and I say let's get this group trip in the works for Magic of Myth !!!

MTFBWY all !!!

ObiJuan

11. SabreMaker

SabreMaker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2001
    It was Wizard!
    It was nice to finally meet some of the DFW FanForce and see all the Star Wars fans out and about.
    Until the Force brings us together again.
    Todd

12. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Let's just say that I took today off of work to catch up on my sleep. I had a great time, and my favorite line was the people wondering how we could get that kind of sound out of our Sony 27" TV (courtesy of Chewtabacca Enterprises).

And Michonne was pretty cool, too. At least I offered a hand to shake. And good gawd, those biceps! Mmmm... Aura Sing.

And Tim, don't forget about the message I told you to deliver about us bailing somebody out.

13. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Thanks to all of you for hard work in making the Sci-Fi Expo a success. Michonne Bourriague, that pretty much says it all ;) . Seriously it was really nice of her to come visit us at the table. I hope someone got a couple of pictures of the Episode II "grooming issues roundtable". We had Rob, Chad, Scud and Brandon doing a presentation at the show. It was great seeing all those new faces and putting faces to the board names. My special thanks to the folks from Fanforce SA, and good luck on the page.

14. Loudox

Loudox Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    Just want to say how much fun I had at the convention. Want to also thank Oldjedi for giving me one of the FanForce badges. I used it to get autographs from the stars as a dealer. Looking foward to seeing everyone at Bounty Hunter soon. -Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.