main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON So I'm coming back to the Falls....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rox , Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The first week in August I will be in the Noagra Falls area for my honeymoon. I'm staying the Old Stone Inn. Last time I came up it was winter time and I couldn't do a whole lot. What stuff should I do? I heard there are a lot of good wineries in Niagra Falls.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Just a couple mind you ;)

Definatly see the Falls and check out the winerys...i am not super familiar ith teh area but you can spend a whole day just walking the streets of Niagara.

3. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey Rox,

So glad to see you are coming back. Congrats on the marriage!!!

One thing you HAVE to do is the Maid of the Mist in Niagara Falls. Chris and I went the first time a few years ago when relatives were visiting and it was so amazing!!! You will love it. And it is not expensive at all. Maybe we can hook up again for dinner maybe?? If you want some other ideas, let us know.

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I definately want to do the Maid of the mist tour. One thing I know I am doing is this Whirlpool Jet thing. One of my friends bought us tickets on that, it looks super awesome to ride!

I will have to talk to Ginger and see if she's cool with us meeting up again. I will let you guys know by the end of the week.

5. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Whatever you do, don't do Journey Behind the Falls. It sounds cool, but you can't see anything down there. Big waste. Some of the museums on Clifton Hill are pretty good. I particularly liked the movie star wax museum. Star Wars section sucked, but the Indiana Jones display out front was awsome.

6. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey, only if you guys have time. You are on your honeymoon and there is a lot to do and see around the Niagara region. Maybe the last thing Ginger wants to do is hang around with a bunch of people she doesn't really know and that is totally understandable. But if you do have time for some dinner or something, I am sure there are a bunch of us who would love to meet up with you.

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Terry

Here are a couple websites that may be of some help...

Clifton Hill - www.cliftonhill.com

I would suggest:
    Maid of the Mist (Deb and I loved it. Gives you a very different perspective of the falls.)
    Butterfly Conservatory
    Marineland Canada
    Niagara Falls Helicopter (Can be expencive, but very fun)
    Spanish Aero Car (If you are doing the jet boat, the Areo car is close by.)

Fort George Ghost Tour - www.friendsoffortgeorge.ca/ghost.htm

Deb and I realy enjoyed the ghost tour. If you do go on the tour, stay at the front of the tour group when going into the "tunnel", it's worth the extra spookyness on the way out ;).

If you are looking to do a wine tour, there are many to pick from. You can go on private tours and come and go at your preference. Or do the group thing and take a tour bus to a few places in the Niagara region. There are many websites to pick from, but here is one just as a suggestion www.niagaraworldwinetours.com

Edit: I'm going to talk to my sister (who works at one of the Hotels in Niagara-on-the-Lake) and see if she can offer any suggestions for you guys.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Thanks for the website Chris, I will have to go and chekc that out now. I know Ginger want's to go to the Butterfly Conservatory alot.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    We decided that we are just gonna do our thing since it's our honeymoon. But next we are up in your neck on the woods we will definately get together.

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Of course I would discover this topic only the day after I happenned to drop by the Niagara region...

Congrats Rox, you have a good time.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Thanks I am sure I will. I had a great time last time I was up there in the winter. This time it should be more fun since it's summer time and I don't have to be all bundled up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.