main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN So....Who has seen the trailer, and what do you think? <warning: Spoiler info>

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SarkaVrae, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    If you don't want to be Spoiled for E3, do NOT continue reading. This thread will contain spoiler info as people discuss things!!

I thought the premiere of the long-awaited Teaser Trailer for Episode 3 was a good enough reason to start a new thread!

I've watched it about 10 times already--slowed it down, paused it, rewound it, etc etc etc. It was so....not enough! lol

I liked seeing the Emporer with a red saber and nasty grin on his face. That's almost as good as Yoda with a saber in AOTC!!

And what's up with Anakin's eyes? My characters in KOTOR did that when I had them go all sithly....but I guess I didn't expect it in the movies, ya know?

2. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    That trailer does (imo) the trick. It defintly makes you want to see the movie even more. Yeah, the whole Anakin eyes thing was pretty evil-looking. When Darth Sidious came on, whew! Abby (the 5 year old) didn't want to watch it again after that. Of course Anakin (my Anakin) thought it was cool and just wanted to know when the game was coming out (kids...).

For people not in the know, I think things flew by so fast, they may not catch on as to what they are actually seeing. At least not on the first wacth. It showed alot of stuff. Yoda will fight again, Darth Sidious uses a lightsaber, Mace Windu fights someone with a red lightsaber, Anakin and Obi-Wan duel, the huge capital ship battle, C-3PO looking like C-3PO, Padme looking not too well, and of course... the birth of Vader. For those of you who kinda know what the story is, you can put these pieces in place, but even knowing that... it's still an incredble "teaser". What in the workd will they show for a full-blown trailer?!?

3. JediJones420

JediJones420 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2004
    I loved the trailer :) sent chills up and down my spine when sidious swung that 'saber. Damn it's going to be awesome! I loved the broadside clash between the capital ships, the nasty look on Tion Meddon's face while talking to OB1, and the saber fights.....incredible. Yeah it does leave A LOT of questions to be answered....foremost like you said Anakin's yellow eyes and Palpy's metamorphasis. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out, but my guess is that anakin was in a force rage to get those yellow eyes....maybe it's more of a state of mind instead of just a sith trait.

4. JediJones420

Mar 31, 2004
    your kid's name is anakin? that's the schiznit! maybe he IS the chosen one.....

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yup, I have an Anakin. heh... that's what my wife gets when she says, "You pick out the name this time".

And yes... he LOVES Star Wars. Let's just hope he doesn't cross over to the dark side anytime soon.

6. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    The trailer was awesome. Jess wanted to wake me up this morning, so she played it and turned the sound up and I came running.

I know a few spoilers, but not that many, so I was surprised to see Sidious swinging a saber. Maybe we'll see Yoda and Mace taking on Sidious? That would rule!

I've heard some people saying they didn't think Vader sounded like Vader, but I definitely thought he did. The space battles looked awesome, too.

I'll say this ? Lucas knows how to make a trailer. I think all the ones for the prequels have been pretty amazing. I remember the first teaser for Episode I had me jumping out of my seat. So did the final trailer for Ep. II.

7. JediJones420

Mar 31, 2004
    the more and more I think about the content of the trailer, the more excited i get about this movie....and they didn't even show a bit of Gen. Grevious! After watching him kick ass in the cartoon series, I can't wait to see the CG version on the big screen. 4 sabers splitting out his wrists.....ohhhhh its going to be sweet. Alas, he'll get cut down just like all of the other cool prequel baddies (Maul, Jango)....let's just hope he puts up a better fight and doesn't get split in half like the rest did. Blah, it doesn't matter, Palpy kicks enough ass for all of them :D

8. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, no General Greivous in the teaser. I very much doubt anyone but us hard-core fans know who he is, but I'm sure once the movie comes out, EVERYone will be talking about him. I kinda see him being used in the TV commercials after the movie comes out. Kinda like the way they used Yoda with the lightsaber in them only after the movie was actually out.

I can't wait for the new Cartoon Network Star Wars toons to come out... After that last chapter they showed... you defintly know that Greivous is no one to mess around with!

Also, I agree... the Capital ships battling it out is something I think alot of people has been dying to see for a long time.

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I don't know if this is at all showings of The Incredibles or not, but at the Wynnsong, they did NOT show the Star Wars trailer before the show.

Still, great movie...

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Same here, Vesper! We went to Regal Northgate in Hixson, and they did NOT show the SW Trailer.
    My friends in Birmingham got to see it with Incredibles, though. They said it was awesome, as I'm sure we all know. :)

11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Oh yeah! That's why I can't complain too much... heh. We can watch it any time we want. Nyaa, nyaa, nyaa! LOL

12. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    i went and saw the trailer in atlanta and it was onn the trailer for the incredibles but not for some. we went to the regel theater which was showing the incedibles on 6 screens. three of the showings didnt have the trailer on. the others did. dont know why. but i have to say that the trailer is 110% better on the big screen in 5.1 then my pc.
    i would sudjest that when you go to your theater of choice, you ask them which movie the trailer is on.

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Sarka you came all the way to Hixson and didn't even stop by to see me? :p I'm insulted :p

14. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Sorry, Layren. We ran in & out just for the movie. And I believe you were at church. :)

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    You guys also may want to check out the trailer for the video game version of the movie here. Unless this is going wildly off the the path the movie takes, this gives you some more spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.