main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So Who Have You Met ? (TFN/Fan Force Folks)

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I met up with a few people today in or near the FF table area. Among them were timbolton, Spike_2002, Obi Anne, TwiLekJedi, and Spike_thmid. And we had dinner with JED1 and Mrs JED1 last night. So who have you run into?

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i met rick maccallum,and steve sansweet?
    in the corridors...

3. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Name dropper! :p

LAJ Fett - did i meet you (as in see you...)

I met...erm...lots of FF-ers whose screen names I can't recall! I don't wanna just go posting their real names! But...first time Spike Thimid and I had met...then there was D-o_T, Dark Lady Mara, Emp, Darth Frared and...shoot, that's all the SN's I know, :p There was like 10 others!

4. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I met tons of people, Mar17swgirl, Everton, DLM, Skiara, Mac,timbolton, Spike_2002, Obi Anne, TwiLekJedi,Moose, Heda, Cobra, Obi wan Jr.and Im still forgetting lots of guys, sorry.

I think I also had dinner with you, your hubby and Obianne on the first day Laj_Fett. ;)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I met a lot of FFer as well - How could one go to the CE not meeting anyone of us? :p But the list is so long and I'm still too tired/lazy to list them all... Maybe later. ;)

But it was great to meet you all in RL! [:D]

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh, I met so many people. I'm sure I'm going to forget people if I try to list them all now, so please don't feel bad if I leave you out. :p But just off the top of my head, here are some of the people I remember meeting: Erwin, Maria, Senny, Johanna, Berg, Everton, Maccaffrey, Skiara, Obiwan-Jr, npgrace, Happy Ninja, Heda, Cobra, moose, Simon and a lot of his FanForce, Lady Poison, Cozmic, tim, Nathan... oh gee, so many more I can't remember right now, I'll have to add the rest later. I'm sorry to everyone I've forgotten! Oh, and last but not least, EWAN MCGREGOR! :p

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I met so many people I forgot a lot of names. I know I met DLM, Grant, Tim, Abi-Anne, Everton, Obiwan-Jr, Heda, Cobra, Lady Poison, Cozmic and Ewan McGreggor.

Apologies if I've missed anyone out, it was great to meet everyone though, I'm just bad with names. :)

8. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Just got home. Thanks to everyone on the ForceNet stand on Saturday morning and on Saturday evening at Foxs for their kind support after I'd "lost" my camera with all my photos of the Star Wars Exhibiiton at County Hall and the photos of Celebration Europe upto Saturday morning. It was greatly appreciated.

On Sunday the Autograph hall team asked and the celebrities kindly agreed to help me replace the photos with them from Friday - so I got to meet them twice as well as getting lots of sympathy and hugs! The Star Wars family is wonderful.

Despite my loss a wonderful weekend - hope to meet you guys again soon when I'm not fighting for Parliament against the Royalists!

9. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    EWAN was there?!??!

OMG you lucky people!

10. Darthsmuse

Nov 27, 2004
    No he wasn't but his double was! I missed the Mustafar duel,did anyone video it?

11. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    It was Ewan, just ask the staff at the Crowne Plaza [face_whistling]

12. Darthsmuse

Nov 27, 2004
    Strange that I never encountered him there over four days.

13. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    I'll let someone else explain, :)

We were in the bat though Muse - didn't realise you were staying there, not sure if you and I met - maybe at the Fox on the Saturday night?

I did meet you MooseMousse!

14. Darthsmuse

Nov 27, 2004
    I'm sure we did - I'm shy and I was still trying to come to terms with loosing my camera.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I got his autograph, as well as a special souvenir from him, Friday night. Then we went for a romantic walk along the Thames until he had to spoil the mood by declaring he felt the need to chuck his beer glass into the river and did it. Some poor fish probably got alcohol poisoning from that. Damn you, Ewan! :(

16. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Beer glass - pfft - what about that poor unsuspecting Road Cone!?

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Please tell me that was just a piece of headgear and didn't also end up in the Thames when I wasn't looking. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It was great to meet all the FanForce members, hope to see you all again.

I also met Billy Dee Williams, Matt Sloan, Matthew Woods, Warwick Davis, Robert Watts & Jeremy Bullock.

I saw Mark Hammill in the Q&A session & saw Ian McDiarmid at the Opening Ceremony.

19. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I didn't meet that many TFN-ers. If it wasn't for Skywalker_1982 spotting me, I wouldn't have met any of you :). Tried to call JED1, who gave me his number, but alas, his phone didn't pick up any signal in the building.

I also met Concept_UK, who makes beautiful customized figures. He's mainly on the Scum boards.

20. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    I could tell you that but mommy always told me I shouldn't lie. :)

21. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Hello there.....

[face_blush] it all lies...........

Was really great to meet some new faces - Dark Lady Mara, MooseMousse, Lady Poison (and her amazing flashing chest ;)) to name but a few - sorry I didn't get to met more

but always on the move

22. LadyPoison

LadyPoison Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006

Hehe I think i've learnt my lesson and will choose my clothing more carefully at the next meet!! :p

Twas great meeting you all!! :D

23. VenHalcyon

Apr 26, 2005
    Don't be daft - that was a cool t-shirt!

24. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    It wasn't the flashing rectangle - it was the amazing colour change on the photo (but the flashing chest sounds funnier [face_clown])

meant to say before the FF table looked great - and you all did yourselves and FF proud =D=

25. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm actually sad enough to have taken a notebook along and made a list of the people I hadn't met before :p

Emp
    moosemousse
    JadeLotus
    Skiara
    MacCaffrey
    Obi Anne
    Qui Gina Jinn
    Amon Amarth
    -Narya-
    Dark Lady Mara (though she seemed to spend a lot of time with her head in Ewan's lap ;))
    Grand Admiral Grant
    Blue_but_beautiful
    jac37a
    LAJ_FETT
    Friendly Piranha
    The Romanian CR (can't recall username)
    Lord Tice
    Voren
    JED1
    Lady_Hermethya (?) (Melissa)
    Lady Poison (and her incredible flashing chest).
    TwilekJedi
    Cobranaconda (who apparently adopted my accent before I lost my voice :p)

And loads of others I'd met before.

And a few others who's usernames I can't recall [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.