main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI So who will be the guests this time around?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Dingo, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    We have a date and venue now, so let the speculation begin. Since there's usually some time before we get them let's have fun with not just who we think we will/want to see, but the reasons why they'd come to Orlando.

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Prowse has over a year to make nice so he can come.

I'd love to see Ahmed Best and as many ewoks as possible.

As for reasons why they will come. The same reason I'm going. It's Star Wars.

3. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If I can come, then I hope they get the $400 mystery guest who didn't make it last time.
    Provided of couse the guest is worth $400. And yes, to me some Star Wars cast/crew are worth $400.

4. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I just want to meet Catherine Taber in the Autograph Hall.
    But really it would be neat if they could get Samuel L. Jackson involved, Ian McDiarmid. This time I'm getting more autographs.

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I want Hayden Christensen to make an appearance more than anything! (Would like to meet THE MAKER just as much.) $20 an autograph (at least) means that I have to really think about what I will buy.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  6. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Collecting autographs is my favorite part of Celebration. I'm looking forward to all the Clone Wars voice actors, I didn't get any of theirs at CV. I'm happy with whoever they are able to get, but I would of course love it if they got some of the actors who don't usually make appearances.

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I want to see Rick Mccallum there, dammit.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Dream Wish List:

Ewan McGregor
    Frank Oz
    Liam Neeson

I haven't heard from Jay Laga'aia if he's returning as host, but I'm assuming he is.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    For me Harrison Ford would be bigger than GL. I missed GL last time, but I would never miss Ford. I don't think he's coming though, and maybe that's a good thing if I don't want to spend too much time in a cue.

10. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I don't care what celebrities and guests are there as long as i get to go this time around.

11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    George Lucas will be there, right? Saturday one-day passes are noticeably more expensive than the other single-day ones. I missed the Main Event last time, and am hoping to attend it this time around.

12. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    This. I've already seen GL a few times. I want to see Harrison Ford! I'm trying to get the big three autographs (Already have Fisher's, plus got an awesome hug from her). This time around I will also be getting Mark Hamill's autograph.

13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    If Harrison Ford ever came to one of these things that would be reason to swim across the Atlantic...

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, he did show up at Comic Con last year, so there's always the possibility.

Anyway, Ford is the person I would like to see the most. Like others have said, he would be even bigger than GL for me and I would be willing to pay good money to get to meet him and come home with an autograph. It would also give me the opportunity to complete a signed picture I started at CV last year. I was able to get Fisher, Hamill and Mayhew to sign it. The only signature missing from it is Ford's.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I would like to see some more Prequel stars, if for only my padawan. It would be a memory of his lifetime if he could meet Ewan and Hayden. I would like to see Harrison Ford for myself, as I think it would be quite the experience. I already have everyone's autograph, but to see him with other Star Wars fans, at a Star Wars-centric event would be awesome. Also, no chance really, but would like to meet John Williams.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  16. MiricaEclipse

MiricaEclipse Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2011
    I'm not going this year (Maybe i'll go next time!) But i would absolutely LOVE to meet:

Mark Hammil
    Harrison Ford
    Carrie Fisher
    Ewan Mcgregor
    Natalie Portman
    Frank Oz
    George Lucus

and while I'm dreaming, Sir Alec Guiness (May he rest in peace)!

LOL. Just a few.

Have fun you guys!

Mirica

17. BigFortuna

BigFortuna Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2011
    Natalie Portman
    Natalie Portman
    Natalie Portman
    Natalie Portman
    Natalie Portman
    Liam Neeson
    Natalie Portman
    Natalie Portman
    Frank Oz
    and .... ummm...
    o yeah... Natalie Portman :D

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Oh Ewan [face_love]

19. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    - Ewan McGregor (totally not going to happen, but hey, I can dream!)
    - John Williams (again, not going to happen, but I would camp out all night to see that man)
    - Hayden Christensen (more of a possibility)
    - Ian McDiarmid (would be more likely if this was in Europe; I'd love to just listen to him read the phone book for an hour)
    - Mark Hamill (saw him at CV and would love to see him again)
    - Carrie Fisher (missed her show at CV and would love to see her)
    - Lucas (obviously)
    - And of course all the TCW regulars (would love to have Corey Burton attend this year, too!)

And for the EU fan in me:
    - Timothy Zahn (and do a panel for the 20 year anniversary of TTT!)

A lot of people say they'd love for Harrison Ford or Natalie Portman to come - while I'd LOVE to see a reunion with Mark, Carrie, and Harrison, would I really want to sit through an hour long interview of Harrison Ford talking negatively about Star Wars? I just can't see him doing an hour long panel at a Star Wars convention. Same with Natalie Portman. They just don't seem to care much. (Which is fine, of course, it's just a job for them. However, I'd rather see more "positive" people.) And while people like Ewan have moved way past Star Wars, he at least seems to have some fondness for the movies. (Plus, any panel of his would need to have an NC-17 rating!)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

Dec 16, 2010
    [face_laugh]

21. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    On a smaller scale (but not in my mind), I certainly hope Barrie Holland is at C6.

He and I have become good friends over the past few years, and it was unfortunate that he wasn't contacted to be a part of CV.

Hopefully that changes for C6.

22. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Funny you should mention Barrie Holland, I just met him at the South Coast Toy and Comic Fair in Fairhaven, Mass this morning and got his autograph. He was very friendly and seemed to be a genuinely nice person.

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    The voice actors for the Clone Wars cartoons were exceptionally entertaining. I would be happy to see any and all of them.

Also, I'd love to see lots of technical people, sound, film, animators, directors. I didn't see too many costume and make-up people last time ---- especially costume people. So appropriate for this crowd.

And Weird Al Yankovic would be a splendid choice for a guest. Thankfully, since they have announced this 14 months ahead of time they have a good chance of getting people.

24. metalinvader1982

metalinvader1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2007
    I'd love to see Ford,Fisher and Hamill all on stage together for a main event type interview.Also,How about on a following night Portman,Christensen and Mcgregor in the same type of setting.

25. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Has Denis Lawson ever been to a Celebration? If not, that panel Q&A is long overdue.

Also, they really should consider shelling out whatever it takes to get James Earl Jones onboard.