main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc] Halloween Party @ Zoom & RDT's

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i really hould go look for pieces to a costume.

Klingons rock!!! just their parties kind of scare me.

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    So far it looks like Tasha, Jen-nay (I'm volunteering you, so don't be sick!) and I will be baking treats the night before (possibly Becca--If her car doesn't try to kill her first ;) )

Foodwise it looks like meatball subs will be served, with chips and dip. If someone wants to bring a few 2-liters of soda, that would be nice. Also it is Bring Your Own Beverages. I am trying to get enough motivation to finish my work and go cut out a corset for my costume. I feel like I was hit on the head with a brick. Or maybe I will go take a nap. That sounds even better.

[face_sick]

3. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    I can bring some soda...and i'll bring some soda...diet of course! :) well i can bring something and diet...any suggestions?

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    What to bring...? Would veggies and dip be acceptable? I can also bring additional drinks.

5. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Veggies and dip would be very acceptable. :D

Tasha and I were actually discussing those very things, but in my drug induced haze, I forgot to mention them.

[face_plain]

Howzabout like coke, mountain dew, and some other drink of lots of people? I don't *think* that soda is going to be the biggest drink of the night. ;)

6. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Just curious, where would this party be and would any newbies allowed to come?[/red]

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    its down in pueblo tev.

8. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm feeling much better, Rachel. :D

I'm not so whiny, I'm not so cranky, and I can breathe through my left nostril again...so count me in!

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I really have no idea what's going on. I'm just sorta...letting Rachel and Jenny do whatever they want, and attempting to keep the house clean before Saturday.

LOL.

10. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

so not gonna comment

looks like between my car in the shop and me having a wonderful bronchitis and sinus infection combo (probably explains the 102 fever) I am not going to be able to make it

=(

drat

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ouch, Sarnia, that doesn't sound good! Are you sure you'll be up for WOTR on Sunday?

12. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    one way or another I will be

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    The decorations might be on the skimpy side, but the people will more than make up for it. ;)

yeah, whatever. :p

How does 6ish sound for Saturday?

Anyone helping me on Friday, give me a call when they get off work and are ready to make a mess in my mostly clean kitchen (I think I will wait to mop until AFTER we bake....)

My Morticia is looking to be 90% attitude and makeup, 10% costume. I don't think I can sew a corset tonite, since I am about ready to crash, and tomorrow night is out. That leaves Saturday, and I still need to finish the ewok's costume. She's going to be Raven from Teen Titans. Ugh. I can't wait for next week...no costume deadlines, nothing big planned, sleeping will occur, nothing to look forward to... [face_plain]

14. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    So wish I could come...

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I might end up sewing the ewok's Raven cloak, but I've still got a nasty deadline at work to make...which...one way or another...I won't just because of all the problems I've experienced with it this month...

So it just comes down to how productive, and how hopelessly lost I'm feeling over the next day or so.

LOL.

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Well, I've got my nephew now, so I won't be making down :(

17. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    hey kids...unless my health takes a turn around, it doesn't look like i can make it...:( poor timing..as i cough up a lung.

i am not too happy about this...:(

18. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    bring a bag to keep your lung in, and show up. shesh.

:p

anyway, decorating has commenced, baking will begin shortly.

:D

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Looks like none of the northern folk will be making it...a few dedicated members were up til da wee hours taking care of business so the RMFF doesnt come off looking like a bunch of yokels...they still arent done, poor things...so, its just us suuuuthen folken playing tonight... :(

Cant wait!

See ya all later, gotta get some laundry/baking/cleaning/napping done before then.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah... I'm really sorry for flaking at such the last minute, and I really do wish I could come down and have fun with all you folks... but, things are crazy up here. There's a lot still to be done, everyone is tired, most people are in various stages of illness... you get the idea.

I hope you all have a great time down there!

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    You are not flaking out, luv...you are being responsible, which is more than I can say for a lot of other people... :mad:

hehehehehehehe [face_devil]

K, done now with the guilt-trippin.

Like I said, dont worry about it, we will all see each other tomorrow...and then...tricks or treats wid me and Miss Alison!!! [face_love]

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeesh. I'm glad I didn't commit myself to the WOTR thing. :eek:

So just the southern crowd? Okies. I'll let Rachel know.

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    Zac and i still coming. but it wont be til i get off work. which will prob be later(around 9ish)

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Okies. We should still have food and stuff. I think the girls planned on meatball sammiches.

Not sure what else, though.

Oh, and I'm moving kinda slow. ONE OF YOU SICKOS OUT THERE (far too many -- I counted at least half a dozen illin') gave me whatever you had last week and now I'm not really operating at full capacity.

I managed to make a BUBBLE WRAP jumpsuit yesterday, just like those ZOLTAN space nerds from "Dude, Where's My Car?" -- even used a pattern, and it came out GREAT, and only took an hour to make (and $20 worth of giant bubble wrap, and some tape)...but with the way I'm feeling right now, coating my body in plastic is one of the last things I wanna do right now. LOL. I might just wear my Klingon stuff for most of the night.

25. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    hey kids...have a good time...i am sitting here at kim's about to cough up a lung. i should be at home in bed. they are making fun of me because i am not looking at the keyboard as i type. ha ha

man i hope i feel better by tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.