main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Yay! I love seeing people slowly trickling back in.

2. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    No clue, I don't have that kind of accent.

There has been many documented cases, (not literally), where my accent changes in the middle of a sentence without my realizing. Not sure if that's a sign of schizophrenia or something, but still...

3. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Documented? Do your friends hold audio recorders whenever they talk to you?

4. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    That's where the "(not literally)" comes in.

5. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Damn me and my selective reading.

I *wish* there were documented cases of my odd speaking habits - namely, talking in my sleep. I've forgotten most that have been told to me, but in one I was sleeping on the floor next to the computers (packed apartment for a fanfilm shoot at Primrodo's) when someone went to get in a computer chair, it squeaked, and I rolled over and exclaimed, "That's what I thought you said."

6. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Whaaaat was that. I saw the option, I'm like, "Gotta try this." Didn't realize it'd throw it on my old post. And it's too old to edit.

7. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I find it helpful to assume Sith-Man is non-literal by default. It's just easier that way.

Sith-Man likes this.
  8. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    lol Yes, I am a metaphorical being...

9. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    I'll just make a bald appeal for anyone who finds themselves in this here thread to check out our forums over at Down in Front. They're very active, but relatively small, and full of familiar faces from TFN. Also, you can cuss. It's also a very creative forum, with a lot of filmmaking going on. While I'd sure appreciate you listening to the show, too, it's not actually required for anything on the forum.

Might wanna lurk a bit, see what's up.

Just sayin.' :)

drewjmore and Sith-Man like this.
  10. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Cussin'?! Poo yeah!

11. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So... The 28th is the San Antonio Zombiewalk... I was going to do the zombie makeup for my brother, cousin and I, and somehow got roped into doing the makeup for an extra fiveish people more. In preparation for such, I decided to go ahead and practice making the open wounds today. Opinions?:
    First Picture...
    Close up of the open wound...
    First attempt, and not using the kind of glue that I was supposed to. It has a different texture. lol But still...

The prosthetic came unglued at the bend of the elbow, because she kept bending her arm while it was drying. So, it looks kinda odd there.

12. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Looks appropriately disgusting. I'd try to shade the inside of the wound a bit darker to give it more depth, more a sense of it being open to the inside of the body.

13. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    It looked better in person. The bright light effected it a bit. Here's the bruising effect that was inside the wound.
    Before blood and shading
    After washing
    I had shading in there as well, but I think that the black eyeshadow I used for the shading washed off in the fake blood The lipstick is a bit stronger. lol Gonna try a new method using patrolling jelly to make it look juicy, and go lighter on the fake blood in the wound.

Also need to get a new kind of foundation to help the blending with the real skin. It looked weird in that lighting. Looked better in normal lighting though. And when shambling through downtown with about three thousand more people covered in fake blood and wounds, it's not gonna be to bad... Amazing what you cad do with toilet paper, glue, and a bit of creativity.

Penitio likes this.
  14. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow. Looking good, then!

15. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Still needs a bit of work, but I'm happy with the results I've been getting so far.

16. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The open wound looks fantastic, really goopy.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Well hello there,

It's been a long time since I have been here, and the boards finally changed for the better! Jay!!!

18. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Thank you very much. Did a new one after posting the pictures.
    Four rows down, second to the right. Did progression shots. I need to get a black lipstick for the shading in the wound. Also need to get a liquid foundation, because the blood washes the powder foundation off.

19. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    [​IMG]

[face_plain]

20. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Hey, DVeditor's here! Welcome to the boards!

DVeditor and VaporTrail like this.
  21. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    What, is he sitting behind Moby there?

22. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Psh, at this rate, I'll morph into beafet before I get stranded on any beaches.

EDIT: Ya know, I had my avatar fixed on the dev boards...gotta be around here somewhere. *knocks over stacks of power converters*

23. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Mmm, that's the avatar we all know and love.

24. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I also high-res'd the icon I used for my old accounts. For the moment I've left Darthness with the original resolution and only used the upgraded version for DK_Force85 as a comparison of how icons look at the old vs. new resolutions.

You can see them in adjacent posts here.

25. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Damn, the forums look totally different now. Crazy to see some of the same old people.

edit: 9 year anniversary of my account is coming up. Holy crap!