main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo vs. Kirk

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by solo414, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    This a fun site that has pop culture icons "fight" each other. This week's battle: Han Solo vs. James T. Kirk. I don't even think this is a question. Kirk wouldn't last a minute. Go here to vote for HAN SOLO!

Kinda makes you wonder who else we could have SW characters fight...

2. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Wow, after my vote Solo had a 900 vote lead! I like how the Stormtroopers beat the Red shirted Ensigns as well. :)

3. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I just voted. solo has a 1545 vote lead.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I hate to be the party pooper yet again, but this thread should really go in Community.

This forum is really for discussing and planning Fan Force business. I'm not at all against having fun in this forum, but why keep all the fun to ourselves? There's certainly room enough here for a few social threads, but we can't let it get out of hand.

5. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    "As you wish, Lord Vader."

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    :(

When you say "As you wish," you're really saying "I love you," right?

7. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    Yes, we mean "I love you", though it may come out occasionally as "Stop being a party pooper all the time, you anti-fun person!". But, it all means the same thing. ;)

8. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Something tells me my approval rating isn't very high right now...

Anyway, I voted Solo.

9. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    2070 GOOOOO HAN!!

10. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    Your approval rating is fine, don't make us have to have a group hug. :)

11. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    This forum is really for discussing and planning Fan Force business. I'm not at all against having fun in this forum, but why keep all the fun to ourselves? There's certainly room enough here for a few social threads, but we can't let it get out of hand.

The reason I post a lot of things here as opposed to the general forums is that I am a lot more interested in the opinions/comments of people I know then people I don't.

Posts from people here have a lot more "depth" since I already know most of their personalities. I do occasionaly post in other forums, but generally it is easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer number of people posting there. More people = more ideas but less "personality". Also, every couple posts in the general forums seem to come from some idiot that doesn't know what the hell he/she is talking about. That is an issue we have hapily avoided here!

12. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I don't have a problem with this thread being here, it's no different than your thread that alerts us to the Monster Sick thing on the JC Community page. How are people here supposed to know about what others here find, unless it's posted here? I spend 95% of my time on theforce.net looking at the Milwaukee thread, especially now that C2 is over. The other 5% is checking out the collectors board, and the gaming board so I can try and find out how to turn my saber orange in Jedi Outcast.

As for Solo versus Kirk, that's not even really a debate. We've seen Han's negotiating skills when he faced off Greedo (He shot first, I don't care what the Special Edition says). Plus, Kirk got more women, but Han got a princess.

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Nevermind. I'm sorry I said anything.

14. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Good idea, Tom! I sometimes forget there are other boards to post on. JC Community now has a copy of the post. :)

15. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I posted it, but an admin locked the topic. I tried...I really did!

16. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    Bah, just another case of the Man keeping us down!

17. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Exactly! "Damn the man! Save the Empire!" Oh wait...maybe not.

18. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I thought many of you would find this amusing, even if it is at my expense. I've been on these boards for what, about a month now? I just realized this evening that JC doesn't stand for Jesus Christ, but for Jedi Council. I knew the Jesus thing didn't make any sense, but it's the more familiar reference to that initialization. Hmmm. Much to learn have I.

19. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    [face_laugh]

It took me a minute to figure that out too.

20. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    I was hoping it meant Jose Cuervo. ;)

21. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Don't feel bad. For the longest time I though LOL was "lots of luck".

22. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    ROTFL :) :) :)

23. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    ROTFL = Run Over The Frickin' loser!

...and that will be the last of my off topic posts. Sorry.

24. Master_Treadlite

Master_Treadlite Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Was this ever really a fair fight? I mean just take a step back, look at the actors, and then ask who would win again. Harrison Ford v. William Shattner? Them me think how that would pan out. Shattner would be stumbling over his lines trying to get out his first insult by the time Harrison would've pulled out his blaster and perferated Shattner into hanging chads on an electoral card.

Harrison Ford is my hero, even if he is a womanizer...

Coal...

25. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    >>Shattner would be stumbling over his lines trying to get out his first insult by the time Harrison would've pulled out his blaster and perferated Shattner into hanging chads on an electoral card.

ROTFL [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That comment is too funny, Coal. I totally agree with it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.