main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Some questions about Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ICER, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    krwade3 if you have read about Dooku in the Visual Dictionary for Attack of the Clones you would know that he was power hungry...he never gave himself completely to the Jedi Order and he even took some Sith holocrons with him when he left. He even told Yoda in the duel that he had become more powerful that Yoda. But Yoda showed who was the "Jedi"

All we can say is that Anakin will be next cause of his power hungry speech he gave Padme in the Lars Garage.

oh and if you look at the lightsaber color
    blue (jedi)+ red (sith)= Purple (mace)

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    I think you're reading too much into it with the book there.

3. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Mace wasnt the only one with a purple saber... And I agree With Brandon you are reading into it way to much.

4. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Wait. I thought he was the only one with purple. Who else had purple?

5. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Amy Allen who was the Twilec Jedi has purple. She was at C2 and I cant remember her character name. Look again when you watch ATOC you will see several Jedi with Purple. You do realize that the story behind the color of the Saber depends on the Jem used. I dont recall ever hearing that a Jedi COULD not have a Red Saber.

6. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Check your autograph of her, dude. She's got a blue saber.

All of the other Jedi looked like they had green or blue to me. Granted, some of the blues they use look almost purple, but none were as vibrantly purple as Mace's.

And Lucas himself has said that only 'bad guys' use red sabers. Apparently, it comes from the type of crystals that they use, which are more powerful than Jedi ones and give the saber a red glow.

And they don't use other colors like yellow because it looks terrible on film. :)

7. DonnovanSunrider

DonnovanSunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    I personally can't understand George's silly color restrictions. I think that more colors of blades in a larger battle make it look more vibrant, and the color becomes some aspect of the personality of the character.

I'm just glad my purple sabre is now film justified as well as the spikey bits inspired by Tales of the Jedi. Dooku has a large spike as well as the curved handle design like Tott Daneeta had in Tales.

I wish the Visual Dictionary info was more reliable. The TPM one showed that they just kinda made stuff up that wasn't part of the film. Though they did include Yoda's sabre in that one, and that design was used in AotC.
    I'm gonna just plain wet myself if I can see a holocron in Ep3.

On the clone thing. In the older draft of the script that I read a month or so back, there was a line from Lama Shu saying that they had to keep Jango handy because they could only make so many clones per sample of genetic tissue.
    Now the origonal is gone, so their gonna have to either clone off of the corpse, find a new original to use as a master, or make copies from the current clones (probably Boba).

Whether it has meaning that this info was removed from the film is signifigant is unknown. Perhaps the DVD will answer that if restored back into the print.

8. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I thought I also heard Lama say they needed to keep him around, but like you said, I could have been remembering that from the scriptment I have.

But if that is the case, it makes total sence why the Stormtroopers cant shoot as well as Clonetroopers. They are either bad copies, or, conscriptments, draftees, or volunteers to the Imperial Army.

9. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    NO they didnt say they NEEDED to keep him around. Obi Wan asked where he might find him and they said O we keep him here.... He isnt the only person in this world they can make a clone of you know......

10. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    If you look on a color wheel, you will see that Red, Green, and Blue (RGB)make the color white.

So with the Sith (red) lightsabers and the Jedi lightsabers (blue and green) make white which symbolizes the purity of the Force. Which to me think of George Lucas using only these colors seem pretty cool

*The Jedi uses crystals for their lightsabers and the Sith use synthetic crystals and that makes the red color. Mace has an electrum lightsaber which gives it the purple color.

11. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    We've been going round and round about "Are Storm Troopers really clones?" We all have pretty well thought out and differing opinions on this. Mine and a few others being that the Storm Troopers in E 4-6 are clones and they come from Jango Fett. Here's more proof for me which for now, is the only HARD documented proof that they might be:

====
    Lucas on Boba Fett: "He is a background character, but I needed a device, a bounty hunter to do things. That particular bounty hunter had become a rather popular character, and even though people were writing all kinds of things about where he came from, in my mind he was always connected to the stormtroopers. I realized I could use Jango Fett as the bounty hunter, and he would be Boba's father, and then it all fell into place. "
    ==========

Discuss... ;)

12. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I read that same article last night Eric and was thinking the same thing.

13. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Well I went and saw it last night...and I noticed at the beginning after the explosion and Padme was running up to Corde...I noticed that Corde had no shoes.

So did the explosion knock them off or what?

14. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yep!! That's what happened!!
    I've been saying THAT since the first time I saw it!

She's walking down th ramp and has on a cute little pair of white shoes....then BOOM!!..no more shoes.

15. buddylove

buddylove Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    What is the difference between crystal lightsabers and electrum lightsabers?

I think that it is interesting that Sifa Dias and Sidious sound alike. What are your opinions on this?

16. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    the electrum lightsaber doesn't have a crystal

and also if you listen to Mace's lightsaber you can here a small difference between the sound of it and the other lightsabers

17. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    LOL...when jedilona pointed that out to me (Corde being blown out of her shoes) last Saturday, for some reason that really cracked me up [face_laugh]

18. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    No, if you look electrum up in the dictionary, it just refers to a gold finish. I have no idea what powers it, but the electrum part just refers to the cosmetic look of the lightsaber.

Besides, those commercials were just trying to sound cool. ;)

19. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Ok here's a question

Why is Jar Jar and not Dromè addressing the senate at the end?

20. Carmen

Carmen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Because Padme had a momentary lapse of sanity and left him in charge.

21. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Yeah but Dromè was her double. Like Sabè in TPM.

22. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Dorme was a handmaiden, not a politician. Jar Jar was an actual senatorial representative for Naboo, although he was second to Amidala. He was the natural choice to take over in her absence.

23. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    But wouldn't it look odd for Jar Jar to be acting as a senator instead of Amidala? Consider that the reason she left a decoy behind is so that everyone thinks that she is still on Coruscant. So if she is supposedly still there, then why would Jar Jar take the spotlight and not her?

This is something that I have wondered too. Must just be part of Palpy's grand design, or something that was cut from the movie, or just a minor plot hole. Oh well.

24. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Word had probably spread to the other senators by then that Amidala was gone because of the attempts on her life.

And I would imagine that Palpatine's influence of them was so strong at that point that they accepted anything he threw at them.

25. DarkWolf_777

DarkWolf_777 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    "I agree with you Mike. There is no Jedi that could stand against Sideous. As powerful as Yoda is, he would be no match for Sideous' power."

Except Vader/Anakin picked him up and dropped him down the shaft in RoTJ. Force lightning coursing through him and all. It wasn't like he rammed him and shoved him over the side quickly before he could regain his composure ... he just lifted him up casually, and transported him to the edge, and dropped him over. Anakin had finally come back from the Dark Side, and was thus for once more powerful than Palpatine ... he was focused, and not blinded/weakened by rage/hate/greed/power.

As for the saber colors ... that's a good theory, with the Red / Blue / Green ... can't believe I never thought of that, with me being an animation/multimedia major in college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.