main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some random rule questions. good times.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Loyal-Guard, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    hi everybody.

here's a couple more problems that came up during a recent game.

1. When i build "Splinter the Republic" which lets the dark side player rifle through their deck to find a card with the same name as another unit in any arena, does the card i get have to have the EXACT name as the one already played?

For example: i had a "Star Destroyer" from the BOY set in the space arena. I was in serious need of back up so i built "Splinter" but then realized that the other star destroyer card i had in the deck was "Imperial Star Destroyer" from the ANH set. I tried to pull it from the deck. My opponent caught me, pointing out that the name match wasn't exact. I reasoned that since "Imperial Star Destroyer" had the words Star Destroyer in them, it was the same name. I have a feeling she's right tho...

2. Pilots can only be placed on units that match up via what type they are, right? Well i noticed that as of the SR set, space units featuring groups of starfighters were listed as "squadron" not as "starfigher", which means, i guess, that i cant put a starfighter pilot on a squadron. If this is true, what should i make of early TCG cards like "Naboo Starfigher Squadron" which are listed as Starfighter. Can Pilots be placed on them? or have the rules been changed since then regarding these cards. Boy, i hope its the latter, since my main opponent in this game is itching to put pilots on them.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    1. When i build "Splinter the Republic" which lets the dark side player rifle through their deck to find a card with the same name as another unit in any arena, does the card i get have to have the EXACT name as the one already played?

For example: i had a "Star Destroyer" from the BOY set in the space arena. I was in serious need of back up so i built "Splinter" but then realized that the other star destroyer card i had in the deck was "Imperial Star Destroyer" from the ANH set. I tried to pull it from the deck. My opponent caught me, pointing out that the name match wasn't exact. I reasoned that since "Imperial Star Destroyer" had the words Star Destroyer in them, it was the same name. I have a feeling she's right tho...

Yea, you need the exact name, a good use for that card is Charactor stacking :)

2. Pilots can only be placed on units that match up via what type they are, right? Well i noticed that as of the SR set, space units featuring groups of starfighters were listed as "squadron" not as "starfigher", which means, i guess, that i cant put a starfighter pilot on a squadron. If this is true, what should i make of early TCG cards like "Naboo Starfigher Squadron" which are listed as Starfighter. Can Pilots be placed on them? or have the rules been changed since then regarding these cards. Boy, i hope its the latter, since my main opponent in this game is itching to put pilots on them.

They needa match, starfighter pilots needa fly starfighters, not squadrens, they needa match subtitles :)

3. Loyal-Guard

Jul 5, 2002
    thanks for the help.

in regards to #2, i just pulled out my box o cards and saw that Naboo Starfighter Squadron's sub type is listed as "Naboo Starfighter". so let me just get this right...if it says starfighter, can i put my "starfighter" pilots on them even tho the NAME of the card is Starfighter?

4. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    in regards to #2, i just pulled out my box o cards and saw that Naboo Starfighter Squadron's sub type is listed as "Naboo Starfighter". so let me just get this right...if it says starfighter, can i put my "starfighter" pilots on them even tho the NAME of the card is Starfighter?

Not because of the Name, but because of the sub type, if you get what I mean.

5. Loyal-Guard

Jul 5, 2002
    So that's a YES then? because "Starfighter Pilot" matches the Naboo Starfighter Squadron's "Starfighter" subtype?

great. looks like im not going to get my way on either of my rule interpretations. Oh well. This will make my friend happy.

seems strange that there would be a squadron with a single pilot driving them around, but i guess that's just the way it goes.

6. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Just to clear up any ambiguity, a Starfighter Pilot can pilot the Naboo Starfighter Squadron because this particular space unit has the word "Starfighter" in its subtype.

I think WotC dropped the subtype on groups/squadrons beginning with SR when in R&D they realized they'd have pilots, and the subtype would determine what could be piloted.

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    It also gets the crit hit against the D*

8. Loyal-Guard

Jul 5, 2002
    Hello. I've got a question about untapping units during the battle phase. Whenever a unit is untapped during the course of a battle due to a battle card or some other effect, does it get to immeaditly attack again (assuming its speed is higher than the remaining units who are still untapped) or does it have to wait until everyone else has gone?

9. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Hello. I've got a question about untapping units during the battle phase. Whenever a unit is untapped during the course of a battle due to a battle card or some other effect, does it get to immeaditly attack again (assuming its speed is higher than the remaining units who are still untapped) or does it have to wait until everyone else has gone?

It gets to attack again at the next speed check... provided that the arena it's in hasn't already finished its attacks, and moved on to the next arena. For example, if the Ground battle is currently underway, and you play Power Dive to untap a Starfighter in the Space arena, that Starfighter will simply untap, but not get to attack again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.