main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Someone To Watch Over Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    This is a story that's been kicking round my head for sometime now. It's set two months after Daphne's At the Stroke of Midnight and deals with the aftermath of Obi-Wan's rejected proposal of marriage. I am delighted to say that Mouse2 is co-writing this story with me, as it is every bit a Rela Quinn tale as much as an Obi/Jemmy story. Neither of us has the inclination or the insanity to try to post on this one every day (I've tried it and it fried my brain) so it's a case of expecting a post when you see one. Still, I hope you will enjoy the story, however long it takes to tell it!

It's a tale about relationships and home truths and a voyage of discovery for many of the characters. But it's a journey that some of them might not find pleasant?

Enjoy!

Someone to Watch over Me

It's raining.

It's been raining for the past seven hours but that doesn't matter. Not to me. She doesn't know that I'm here, watching her. Never sees me staring as she leaves her apartment. Never notices me standing in the shadows when she returns. That's how I want it to be.

For the moment.

When I'm ready I'll make my move. I've been stood here watching for two months now just waiting for the right moment?time becomes irrelevant after a while. Persistence is what counts. And I can be very persistent when I put my mind to it.

Love can drive a person to do very irrational things. It can drive a man to the edge, sometimes further than that. Powerful emotions are frightening. Exhilarating. So much good and evil has been committed in the name of love.

This isn't love. It's something more than that.

There have been others in my life who have been important to me?but not like this. This is pain, actual and physical hurt eating away at me like a cancer. I have to get this sorted out. And I will.

So she can continue in her blissful ignorance for the time being, unaware of her hidden watcher. She can close the blinds and shut out the world and myself if she wishes. I can close my eyes and still see her.

That's not all I can see.

From the murky street corners I am aware of the presence of another. Someone else watching, a fleeting figure in the darkness. He's been my shadow for the last eight weeks.

I know he's there.

They say it will rain for the next week on and off. Even the sky is weeping.

But is it crying for me or for her?

Qui-Gon fixed his padawan with the kind of look you might expect an adult to give to a recalcitrant toddler, one who was indulging in throwing his toys across the other side of the room in a tantrum. He was worried about Obi-Wan. Had been ever since his close call at the hands of Rufus Merdan. Somehow his padawan's concentration had slumped to an all time low, his mind always away on some hidden trail of thought, eyes with a vacant look to them. It was almost like the time when his padawan had started moping around after Jemmiah?

She was worrying Qui-Gon, too. Her reaction to the Merdan affair had been extreme. She had quietly and without any fuss upped and moved out of the temple and into her own place, leaving Qui-Gon to wonder if she and his padawan had been fighting again. Somehow he'd expected the drama of the last few months to bring them closer together but instead they seemed to be drifting even further apart. Part of him wanted to admit that it was probably for the best?and the other part didn't want to admit how used to their being together he had become. Well, he had become reconciled to it at least.

And it hurt him to see them both miserable.

He knew he'd get no real answer from Obi-Wan if he tried to pry. The young man would explain what was troubling him in his own time, if he felt he was able. Qui-Gon was still curious to know what had caused this latest rift and so he had visited Jemmiah instead, on pretence of making sure she was settled into her new home.

Her own attitude bothered him almost as much as Obi-Wan's had. She'd shrugged a lot, made small and polite conversation and not once had she enquired after h

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I knew you couldn't resist posting it! :D

Now let's get ready to go on a wild roller coaster of emotions! Tee-Hee!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    All right! Two of my favourite authors, two of my favourite original characters, what more can I ask for? Woo-hoo!

4. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    This is gonna be sooooo good!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I remember reading a reference to STWOM somewhere and had no idea what it was....now I know.

Jemmiah, Mouse the idea of something new with Jemmy and Rela has brought the biggest smile to my face. I don't need a post every day...just knowing you girls are about to take me on another journey in the JA world makes me quite happy.

Post often, post soon.

6. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    *chills run up and down spine*

Oh, wow! What a beginning! This is certainly going to be a joy to read...

7. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    WOW!

Need I say more...

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Coolness!!! I'm here along for the ride...let's rev up our screaming nerves, tear ducts, and funny bones!!

*Vroom, vroom!*

9. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999

Rela slowly peered outside her door. The coast was clear! She darted out and turned to lock her door then?

?Hello Rela. Can you help me real quick??

Rela?s head hit the wall with an audible THUNK.

?Hello Mrs. Krabople. What?s wrong now??
    ?Tuffy?s stuck and I can?t reach him. Do you think you can get him down??

Rela looked at her neighbor suspiciously knowing that she had an ulterior motive.

?Mrs. K, I need to get to work.?
    ?I don?t believe that you still work there.? Mrs. Krabople muttered. ?Please it will only take a second. Tuffy likes you.?
    ?Yes ma?am.? Rela agreed knowing that she would never get out of there if she didn?t.

Rela followed Mrs. Krabople into her apartment in the search for Tuffy. Rela quickly found him hanging on the holo-terminal, happily batting at the images on the screen.

?Hello Tube Rat. What have you gotten me into this time??
    ?Squeak, squeak!?
    ?I wish she would stop too.?
    ?Rela, you aren?t planning on having a party any time soon are you??

<Where did that come from?> Rela asked herself.

?No, ma?am, not any time soon. Parties seen to be frowned upon lately.?
    ?Oh that?s Brak?s fault. His father, the super, said the insurance company won?t pay for any more damage done from parties. Ever since Brak had that barbecue in the stairwell that caught one of the floors on fire.?
    ?Oh, I missed that one.?
    ?You did? Oh, it was great.?

A knock on the door interrupted them. Rela stayed by the holo-terminal holding Tuffy waiting for Mrs. Krabople to come back. When she did none other than Brak accompanied her. He was a short fellow with dirty blonde hair and downy fur that covered his entire body. Rela wasn?t sure what kind of being he was but she did know that he had a mental capacity, as she remembered, of an empty shot glass.

?Why Rela, look who it is.? Mrs. Krabople said excitedly. ?I had completely forgotten that I had called Brak to look at my kitchen drain.?
    ?Hello Brak.? Rela said politely as possible knowing that her noisy neighbor had ambushed her.

Brak gave her a knowing smirk. ?Hey Rel. How you doin???
    ?Fine Brak. Now if you?ll excuse me I need to get to work.? Rela explained trying to make a break for it.

Brak gave her a quick look up and down, whistled appreciatively through his teeth then started towards the kitchen. Rela rolled her eyes and started to inch towards the door.

?Well what do you think?? Mrs. Krabople asked.
    ?I think that I should be angry at you. Mrs. K I?m already seeing someone.?
    ?Who? That Jedi boy? He?ll just break your heart Rela. Just like what happened to that naked one and that dear sweet girl. They were such a cute couple.?

Rela smothered a snicker at the description of Jemmiah as that dear sweet girl. Mrs. Krabople didn?t notice and continued talking.

?What does he do for you anyway??

<Wouldn?t you like to know.> Rela sighed contently to herself.

?I mean something that can be mentioned in mixed company.? Mrs. Krabople clarified.
    ?He makes me laugh.? Rela smiled.

Mrs. Krabople moved Rela so they could both look into the kitchen to see Brak hunched down hitting pipes with a hammer. Just in time to see his backside fully exposed because of his ill-fitting pants.

?I could have gone all day without seeing that.? Rela muttered to Tuffy, who had fallen asleep in her hands.
    ?Rela, you do know that Brak?s single.?
    ?Really? Now that?s a shocker.? Rela told her dryly. She quickly handed the sleeping Tuffy over and headed for the door.

?Now if you?ll excuse me, I really need to get to work. I don?t want to be late. Again.?
    ?Rela listen to me.? Mrs. Krabople called out, now in her mother mode. ?You be careful out there. Something?s weird is going on. It?s all over the HoloNet. Girls are going missing. Young girls. Single girls. Trust your instincts and don?t fall in some freak?s trap.?
    ?I?m always careful Mrs. K, but I will keep my guard up.?
    ?Let that dear sweet friend of yours know too, and that tattooed one as well.?
    ?Yes, ma?am!? Rela called back already

10. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Mrs. K seems to have an agenda of her own...
    Poor Rela. I wonder what her braided boyfriend would say to that! And a cameo appearance by Tube Rat as well!

Bravo Mouse!

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ah, Mouse....exceptional post.

Rela's seeing a Jedi?.?.? one that makes her laugh?.?. Oh I know who I hope it is...please tell me it's so....

12. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Hmm, wasn't Obi-Wan the "naked one" that Mrs. K is referring to? If so, then wouldn't it seem to imply that there's a different Jedi involved here?

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh, this is fun! Guess the jedi! I'll let Mouse put you out of your misery... then again maybe she won't! He he he!

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hmmm....

Maybe I'll just let you keep guessing until the end. This is too much fun! So who do you think he is?

*snicker*
    Ain't I a stinker? :)

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Who do I think???

Well, I'm hoping it's the ever-loving, irrepressable Simeon Cates of course.

16. juwanna_gauntlet_ban

juwanna_gauntlet_ban Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2000
  17. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    "What does he do for you anyways?"
    "He makes me laugh."

Oh, that HAS to be Simeon "Twinkle Toes" Cates!

18. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I know!!!! Tee hee!!!

19. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Just joined in. Great start!! Poor Obi. Could someone post the link to "At the stroke of Midnight?" Please. I think I need to read it. lol.

20. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

The link for Daphne's "At the Stroke of Midnight" is;

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=435660&replies=274

21. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks!!!! I was searching all over!

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Whoohoo!! Excellent post Sis!! I can hardly wait until the 'mystery Jedi' is revealed.

*vbeg*

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I never thought that a few lines would cause so many posts! Maybe I should have done this earlier.

Uppers!

24. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey, whilst I'm working on multiple posts for this and CCA, I'd just like to wish all the Scots and all those of Scottish descent a happy St Andrew's day tomorrow.

Men in Kilts! Yummy!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hey! No fair! Take lots of pictures and send them to me. I'm a sucker for a man in a kilt! *sigh*bliss*

BTW, Happy St. Andrew's Day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.