main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info SPOILER ALERT! (help each other avoid spoilers here)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 2, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I posted this in the GIL thread, but it probably warrants a broad announcement:

Just so you unspoiled types are aware, be on alert around the rest of your interwebbing & magazine browsing... it has begun.

Yes, sure. If you or other non-spoiler fans want to take it upon yourselves to identify each and every book, magazine, tv program, etc. which contain spoilers. It is not the responsibility of this site's staff to maintain your approach to fandom for you. When it comes to spoilers...

[​IMG]

"I can only protect you. I cannot fight a war for you".

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    would this be a good place to post alerts about certain items that contain spoilers? And general alerts like the one above?

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I tried to find it but couldn't - we should get two decent siren sounds. One for Spoiler Is Fresh when you all know to pull the plugs on all technology and another for Spoiler No Longer So Popular when it's clear to plug it all back in.

Leave your home address so we can send the All Clear Siren Truck to let you know when it's safe.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    GMTA Myke. I hadn't even opened this thread when I posted my idea in the GIL thread.

Here's my first one: if you all subscribe to TF.N's Facebook feed, you might want to hide it for now. I'd say ditto with other Star Wars related Facebook feed, although the "Sci Fi and Fantasy Rocks My World" page is safe at the moment.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I posted this in the NSA GIL thread a few days ago, but this seems like a good place to put this reminder too.

For those of you here in the NSA forum who are also active in the SA forum, please remember to NOT say anything here in NSA about what is being discussed over in the SA forums.

I've seen posts recently that talk about the discussions over there, and the tendency if people aren't careful could be to say "oh, they're just discussing X, but that hardly seems like a spoiler". The problem with that, of course, is that X may very well constitute a spoiler to some people in NSA, since everyone has their own level of how spoiler-free they are.

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Go to Red Alert due to possible incoming spoilers!

[​IMG]

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Douse em' with holy water and recite three hail Mary's!

9. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey, isn't that Star Trek? :p

Thanks for the heads-up, Chorus! I'll remember not to Google 'Star Wars' anymore.

10. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks for the warning, Mike. I'll be careful.

:D

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    dat link

12. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    AFAIC, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to start worrying about spoilers on teh interwebz. There may actually be something out there which is accurate but right now I'd say something is 20 times more likely to be made up nonsense than an accurate spoiler. So anything I bump into gets easily forgotten.

13. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Never tell me the odds

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Will a December release date make it harder to avoid spoilers? All that ep. 7 Star Wars branded stuff will probably be stocked up on shelves by the start of Nov (for X-Mas present buying, of course).

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    First pic from production was Tweeted today, confirming a returning character. Depending on how unspoiled you are aiming to be, now is probably the time to begin carving your eyes out.

BigAl6ft6 and eht13 like this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A new actor has been announced to have been cast. The timeframe makes it a safe assumption that this is probably the first of many such inevitable announcements. Beware.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Not just that but they said what type of character he's playing. Kinda hard to ignore some of this stuff.

18. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    :) Love that quote

19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    SPOILER ALERT: A new press release gives the approximate in-universe timeframe for Episode VII. This spoiler is currently visible in the "trending" section on Facebook.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Filming has begun and spy pics are in circulation.

21. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The official full cast reveal and announcement has been made. If you don't want to know casting, be careful.

23. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Does anyone 'round here frequent imdb? Is there SW spoilers on their home page?

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. Some accurate, some edited fancasting.

Frank T. likes this.
  25. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I just called my mom to tell her I'm going spoiler free and what that means.

Forbidden Island likes this.