main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***SPOILER ALERT*** use for ALL spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by k kanos, May 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yes, you were. Because, believe me, the back of the Anakin Hanger Duel, alone, is a good spoiler.

2. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Is there such a thing as a "good spoiler"? :confused:

~PAd

3. Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I think thenink previously hit on this, but some may wish to stay away from the Soundtrack inserts. It has pictures along with dialogue from the movie that many would consider spoilerish, especially for one character.

4. Gemini_Lime

Gemini_Lime Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    Do not read the Time magazine article in the current issue (Yoda cover). Super spoiler in the middle.

5. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Thank you for that tip Gemini_Lime! My mom just brought it from her work and gave it to me. I wasn't going to read it because I figured it had some spoilers in it. I'll just save it for a while.

I read the Zam Wessel figure back and I don't remember being spoiled. The same goes for the Jar Jar figure. I guess I got lucky. I did kinda skim through them too so I don't remember much. It is probably wise to just either not look at the figures as a whole because the Count Dooku figure is a huge spoiler and I would not read the backs of any of the figures either.

6. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `Super spoiler in the middle.'

Just wondering, are you referring to that brilliant picture? Oh to be spoiled. :)

Hang on, maybe not. But a glance at the pictures... ooooh!

7. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I feel lucky now that the merchandise isn't out in Australia until the 6th of may, if there's this many spoilers on the boxes. I'm going to have to steer clear of the shops. But it's going to be sooooo haaaaard...ah, the Lego Gunship...must have...

8. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Don't read the 'Episode II Parody on Daily Show' article.

9. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    For those of you who live in England, avoid getting the Daily Mail today (really, on the grounds of taste, it should be avoided anyhow) as there are some rather huge spoilers in it. Also, the free CD is a rip off, but as it's free, I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much! Anyhow, just to warn you all :D.

10. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Most of the info in the magazine is from the Visual Dictionary apparently, so be careful. I liked the behind the scenes clip on the CD though (the other just being the Anakin Making Of). :)

(Still waiting for my prize Oakessteve... :p)

11. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Eh? What prize? I haven't had another one of my attacks of amnesia again, have I?

12. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
  13. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    You may want to avoid the From the films: Who is your favorite Sith and why? poll in the Misc. forum. It's not major, but it gives away something about Dooku.

14. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Alright, now I am getting very frustrated. I avoid ALL magazines and ALL television coverage so as to prevent spoilage. So I enter my local grocery store feeling pretty confident. I am strolling down the cereal aisle and, Hey look! AOTC Cereal! It's got yoda marshmellows and such and Obi and Jango on the front. I flip over the box to look at the board game printed on the back and WHAM! Spoiled! TWICE!! WTF?!

In review. Don't read the back of the AOTC cereal box.

But, (bonus) if you have children, some cereals have free kid's tickets to see AOTC! I bought the box of AOTC cereal and 2 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for the tixs. :D

15. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    I don't suggest downloading the new Toy COmmerical, and if you see it come on TV, i suggest covering your ears. Major end-of-movie-revelation-type spoiler there

16. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    That toy commercial is not recommended, I agree. It's weird they put so many spoilers into a 30-second commercial.

What if it was playing on TV during a program and spoils a person before they even got to see the film? If you see this toy commercial on TV just change the channel or run into the next room.

17. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    I've been downloading all the TV spots, but I won't watch them until after the film. :)

18. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Dudes I'm spoiler free but I won't go so far as to cover my ears and eyes because a spoiler might be on a commercial, that my friends is insane. Yup that's right, this is what you call "geek friggin paranoya" times 1000. I understand not buying magazines, novels, toys or soundtracks but commercial's and trailers are free to the public so Lucas obviously wants people to see these and does not consider them spoiler material, well at least not anymore. See the commercials, the rest of America is seeing them, you can't hide from them. And why should you?

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Trust me, if you watch the right commercial or buy just the right action figure, some of THE major spoilers will have been revealed to you and your efforts will have been for nothing.

20. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Darth_Xero:

It's not about what Lucas deems spoilerish. It's what I deem spoilerish. Lucas is trying to market this film, so many of the best images are shown in the trailers/commercials, and I don't want to see them until I see the entire movie for the first time. It's kind of like when you watch a comedy and it turns out to be not so funny because you've heard all the good lines from the commercials.

21. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    I think it's safe to check out the Howard the Duck spoiler. :D

22. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Xero -

the toy commercial was not put out by Lucas. I think Hasbro stepped WAY over the line in the toy ad. You think GL looks at every licenced toy/snack-food/etc ad that comes out? I bet he wished he had that many hours in the day.

Point is, the toy commercial will give you more than you want to know. And I'm pretty sure it tells you more than Lucas would want you to know, too. Because the toy commercial destroys a major twist in the story.

23. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    If you're going to avoid the commertial, you'd better avoid stores that sell AotC toys too.

24. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    This is getting way out of hand! I guess I'm just going to have to be extra careful these next few weeks...

Does anyone know what commercials (other than the Hasbro one) that aren't safe?

25. KaaShamau

Aug 15, 2000
    I think Hasbro stepped WAY over the line in the toy ad. You think GL looks at every licenced toy/snack-food/etc ad that comes out?

That's ridiculous, if Lucasfilm didn't want the footage to be shown, they wouldn't have released it. Hasbro are just making the best of what they're given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.