main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC **SPOILER WARNING** Harry Potter Speculation

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    To answer your question from another thread Drakor... I think Luna will end up with Ron. Harry and Hermione will end up together... that is if Harry lives through the last encounter...

If Harry dies then Ron and Hermione will be together. and Ginny and Luna will "become closer". England is a progressive country you know ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    i see what you are saying but i thought in the showing of the sorcerers stone, that they (the actors) alluded to a relationship between Ron and Hermoine but that might have been a mishearing...

3. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    On a side note I can see either Harry or Neville falling to the "Dark Side". If Neville falls Harry will try to reason with him and be killed but the trauma of killing the "Famous Harry Potter" will cause Neville to lose his mind...

If Harry falls that will be the last battle and when he dies... probably at the hands of Malfoy who finds redemption in Potter's blood... cool twist eh?

Ok my not but interesting to speculate on anyway. ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I may be totally wrong, but I think HP will have a happy ending. Ron hooks up with Hermoine, Harry offs Voldemort, something bad happens to the Malfoys, etc. Though I can see somthing bad happening to Neville, kinda like with his parents.

5. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    A lot of people believe the Ron, Hermione relationship will the big thing but I think it's too obvious for Rowling's taste. Besides there are so many parallel's between Harry & Hermione and James & Linda... that reflection tends to have me believe otherwise.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

6. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    In the fourth book, Hermione and Ron do have a relationship of sorts. It's just twisted, confusing, and clumsy, much like most relationships are at that age.

I also think that Ron will end up with Hermione, but only after she's put him through his own personal emotional hell. I also think that Harry will end up with Ginny. But that's assuming that J.K. Rowling gives us a happy ending. I could see the possibility of a dark one. Chances are we'll get something in between.

I've heard that she has said that when she is done, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind that she is done. Exactly what that means, only she can know, and that's assuming that she actually did say that. Most people take that to mean that Harry will die in the last book. But I think it just means that all the loose ends will be tied up and she'll have said all she needs to say.

7. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    i agree with all of you to an extent.. she does like to twist things and "spice" things up...

8. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Seriously... Harry will die that is the only way she can escape her own fame... otherwise she will always have tempation and people bugging the total mess out of her.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Thats kinda my read on the Hermoine/Ron thing too Entropy. He was VERY jealous of the Romanian Seeker and I think we have alread seen the beginings of it in the movies. At the end of Chamber when she runs in and hugs Harry, theres that uncomfortable little handshake she gives Ron.

10. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    She'll have that anyway. People wanting prequals centering around the adventures of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Or people wanting to know more about the supporting cast. Or people wanting to know the history of Dumbledore. She will not be able to avoid it no matter what.

11. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    True but offing Harry will get people to back off somewhat... people will not "like it" when he dies and they may start to think, "Do I really want to know? Or would I like to keep the thoughts I had of them."

Think about it she totally messed with Harry just by shedding some little on his father... What if you learned something worse about Dumbledore...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

12. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    BTW, IMDB is listing both the Goblet of Fire and the Order of the Phoenix as being "in production". Filming started on March 22 for GoF.

13. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Cool... now if Rowling would just finish it already...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

14. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Admit it, you just want to see Harry die.

15. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    No, not really...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

16. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Oh come on. You know that deep down, you want Malfoy to come out on top.

17. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    No, not really...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

18. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    No one believes you, muggle.

19. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I may be a Mudblood but at least I'm not a Squib.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

20. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    "You shouldnt have come here tonight, TOM!"

My favorite line. Period. If you havent read the other books, this makes no sense. Lodreh knows what I'm talking about. I think. ? Maybe, possibly?

21. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Lol, that was great!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

22. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I just want to see more of Lucious Malfoy on the big screen! What a deleciously evil hotty!

Anyway, I'm with Entropy on this one. Harry and Ginny End up together and Ron and Hermoine do. Even if it is transparent and obvious, (a) she's writing for little kids, NOT adults, and she needs to keep thing fairly easy to follow for them and (b) most people (like me) would get really ticked off if she didn't end it that way (not that it matters what I think).

As for Harry dying, I never even considered that a possibility, but yeah, I guess she could do that, although I doubt she will, because I read in an interview that she said she may consider doing more books (which goes contrary to everything she's ever said) Even if Harry does die, she will constantly be bugged for more books. Hell, the Beatles were bugged about geting back together even after John died!

BTW, does anybody know if she's started on book 6?

23. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Havent heard about #6 yet jkg, but I saw a biography on her awhile back and found out something kinda interesting. She has already written the last chapter of the last book and has it safely hidden. She already knows what happens, now she just has to fill in the gap. Weird.

24. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    but wouldn't it be cool if harry pothead oops i meant potter went nuts and destroyed the school and all the students in the last film as an alternate ending

25. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah I saw an interview with her as well, and she was at her house and held up a piece of paper that was written all over and said it was the last page to book 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.