main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY St Patricks Day Parade Information/planning thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Here we go guys! Its that time of year again!
    I know Dreamweaver started a thread on the parade asking when we were going to get our bums in gear and get planning! Well,
    The application came in todays mail and I have a few things to announce :)

1. Theme of the parade this year is: "Our Heros in Uniform"

2. Parade is Saturday March 12th

3. Deadline for application is Feb 18th. We will need to get ours in early this year so we arent stuck in the back again LOL

Also - we really need to decide whether we are having a float this year or a banner etc. I know we had some awesome brainstorm ideas for a float for this year but we need a vehicle to tow it and also a place to build it.

4. After party dinner: If we do the firehouse again we will need members to donate the deposit. We didnt have any problems last year *knocks on wood* and I know my deposit from last year was returned 2 weeks later. So this year I am asking everyone to pitch in for the deposit. It will be 225.00 to secure the firehouse. I think we should go as far as having more things to do there- perhaps a DJ, gaming, TV etc. Whatever..... You guys decide. We will need people to form a parade committee and also a Dinner committee. Karl and I planned most of it last year but it would be awesome to have 2 committees for this to get it rolling even BIGGER!

It would be nice to see even more chapters participate.

Please post only planning in here. Lets stay on topic. Last years thread went off topic way too much and its confusing for those who are trying to get the info to come march :)

With that said, let the discussions begin! :)
    Strawbary

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    TV and DVD plaver would be nice. Games are great. Not sure if I can make it yet though.

3. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    As Strawbary has suggested, a parade thread has been started in the Niagara board :)
    click [face_good_luck]

4. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    1. Theme of the parade this year is: "Our Heros in Uniform"

Would that limit costumes to just the good guys?

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Depends on your point of view I guess LOL ;)

Thanks Dreamweaver for starting a thread in Canada. The more the merrier I say!
    Whoever in Syracuse has crash space to offer our visiting neighbors please post here :)

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    To answer Doc_bevs question in Dreamweavers previous thread - The parade starts at noon and runs till 3. Depending on our line up position we may have to be at the parade route as early at 10 am and not step off no later than 3:30. Times will vary depending on position.
    Also Depends on weather. In good weather everyone loves to march which makes for a longer parade. ;)If its kinda cruddy out they move us all along pretty quickly and we could be in and out :)

So have to wait and see once our application is in and we are given our line up info.

7. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Just an Idea, If we can get a truck I would suggest having some type of banners on the side (Star Wars- Our Chapter), Some type of display in the back of the truck saying thanks to armed forces and Red Cross etc. And a radio blaring Star Wars music, or even "Stacey?s Mom" so Andy can sing his parody! LOL

So what do you think?

Edit: Also have some type of cheap but cool Star Wars trinked to throw/hand out. Im sure there are things that can be picked up at the dollar store or on Ebay for cheap.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    You cannot throw anything from the parade - that is number one on their rules hand out I received. We can passs things out. However whatever we hand out has to be kid friendly and something the groups agrees upon.

Secondly, if we do a truck that is fine however we need it confirmed before feb 7th.

We cannot use a banner with someone elses name on it IE: red cross etc any type of charity unless we have a letter of approval from that said charity and not to mention it is a charity we have helped before.

I think we need to keep it limited to our banner since we dont want to confuse anyone that we are the red cross.
    If we are going to make a banner we may want to consider doing that right away since we need to go to a graphics copany to have one made. Not to mention we need a log /design etc.

We will have the Fanforce one that is a given.... If someone wants to start drawing now go for it :)

9. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    For the banner, Are we going to have like a poster board baner or a long like 6-8 foot one?

Or should I ask who has what for supplies....

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Do they charge an entry fee? The one here does I guess. Do most parrades do this? The Lilac Parrade did not. Not unless I was not told about it.

11. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    As I understand, we'll be getting the main FanForce banner.

*Looks at Drogon* Now if I had a car, this wouldn't be a problem... *sets the Subaru treatment as desktop background*

12. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey, I'm definately coming down from London (Ontario), and I was wondering if there is going to be a theme on costumes or not. If not, I'll try to make a Jedi costume in green! :) (probably Jocasta, but I might just make a normal generic one.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.