main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    As Rohnin told us once that his worst virtue was waiting. But you have to wait, otherwise what would be the good of suprises?

Cryptic? Yes. Straightforward? No. Beginning of the sequel comming soon? Maybe.

I thought that I would start this thread today with the hope of actually posting tomorrow. If you came to this thread and you haven't read the first one the address is:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=196539&page=1

Please read it! Or alternatively just read this one, to me it doesn't matter.

Kithera

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm the first to reply?

All I have to say is I'm completly into the sequel and it hasn't even started yet!

Post it soon Kit'!

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
  4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000

Patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...

Ah, hell! Being virtuous is overrated anyway...

Kit'!!!
    Story!!!
    ..........um, please? ;)

- Rani

5. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Hey im a new fan! almost through reading through "fitting in" couldnt help myself in registering and posting a reply myself.

just like to say that i like your work Kit

6. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    You need to start this story. I just finished Fitting In and I need to know what happens next to Rohnin and how Amy is going to handle all this.

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Please start this thread, I must know what happens next!!!!!!!!

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Kit', are you ever going to start this story? I hate to complain and whine, but it *is* to-morrow already, it's *more* than to-morrow!

Hey, maybe we can all guess what's going to happen next, sort of like an add-on story!

My guess is:

Amy attends Obi-Wan's funeral.

Bwahahahaha!

9. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    yes Kit start the story.

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    LOL @ Jane Jinn!!

Yoooo Hoooo!! Kit', where are you?!?!?

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    ha! The last post of Fitting In was iffy and now the first post of Standing Out is iffy too. Maybe it's an omen.....

Kithera

Qui-gon paused at Amy?s door. The girl had fallen asleep on her bed, with the light still on, one hand loosely holding the book that she had been reading, the other sprawled across her face. She looked so peaceful despite the black circles under her eyes and her sickly pale complexion. Qui-gon gingerly walked across the room, trying not to wake Amy up. This was the first night in three months that she had managed to fall asleep without the aid of sleeping pills.

//I feel more like a father every day// Qui-gon mused to himself and smiled. He pulled the covers over Amy and tucked them in before turning the light off. Over the other side of the room, Allicia stirred in her cot making funny noises as she sucked on her thumb. Qui-gon thought about how the two girls clung together, Allicia because she had lost her mother and Amy because she had lost Rohnin. Even now in the darkness, the flame jewel around Amy?s neck winked as an eternal reminder to the girl of what she missed. There had been many times when Qui-gon had felt like stealing into her room and taking it so that she wouldn?t be reminded of Rohnin. He had almost done it too before Amy had accidentally misplaced it. She had cried for days and refused to eat until Obi-wan had found it in Allicia?s toy box.

Qui-gon glanced once more at Amy before half-shutting the door, the wrist bones on her arm stuck out as a reminder of how thin she had become. Almost pathetically thin, she disguised her figure by wearing loose clothing believing that Qui-gon and Obi-wan were the only ones that knew how sickly thin she really was. When An-Paj had cornered her one-day (at Qui-gon?s request) and made her promise to start eating, there had been a noticeable change in Amy. She had slowly begun to eat again although she still picked at her food. Qui-gon felt Amy?s misery at losing Rohnin, Part of him still blamed himself for not rescuing the boy. Qui-gon sighed as he shut the door, they had done all they could to try to find Rohnin, but to no avail it was almost if he had disappeared into thin air.

?Master?? Obi-wan asked from behind him holding out a cup of herbal tea. Qui-gon turned to smile at his apprentice Obi-wan returned the grin.

?She?s asleep.? Qui-gon explained, ?and without the sleeping pills too, I might add.?

?That?s good.? Obi-wan said. He and Amy had a kind of brother and sister bond, both teased each other unmercifully and Amy often came to him with problems. In return Obi-wan shared secrets with her, although there was a secret taboo about mentioning Rohnin. ?Is there any news?? he asked as they both sat down at the kitchen table.

?Master Ventrid left this morning with N-ari. Apparently, there was a report of a slaver that has been captured in republic territory, all the slaves on board were killed though and their bodies were cast into space. The Darkhils are going to question the captain and those on the ship and then they have the odious task of finding out if Rohnin was aboard.?

?Lets hope he wasn?t.? Obi-wan said shooting a glance at Amy?s closed door. Qui-gon nodded without having to follow the look.

?I doubt it padawan, I believe that Rohnin is still alive.? Qui-gon said. It was a thought that had been bothering him for some nights now. Obi-wan nodded taking a sip of tea.

?I don?t doubt it.? He murmured, ?Neither do Ventrid of N-ari, it is only Amy who fears the worst.?

?True.? Qui-gon said he smiled and patted his padawan?s hand. ?I am glad to see that you are alive.?

?I know Master.? Obi-wan said exasperation in his voice, ?I have been fine for a month now.?

?True.? Qui-gon admitted again. The temple and especially the healers were still amazed that Obi-wan had even survived at all. The boy had spent that first harrowing month in and out of stasis as the Healers tried to treat first the shock and then the infection. After that Obi-wan had recovered swiftly all that remained of

12. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    YEAH!

I'M THE FIRST TO REPLY TO THE STORY!!!!

Kit! That was amazing! I can't wait to hear from Rohnin's family.

13. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    WONDERFUL KIT'!!!

Please post again soon! PLEASE, don't make us wait too long!

14. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great start Kit!

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh. The story continues. Excellent start of course Kit.

16. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Poor Amy, clinging to hope for months and otherwise just withering away! I'm glad to see that Obi-Wan is all right, though. But what has happened to Rohnin and where has he been these last few months? Post more soon!

17. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    wahoo!!! Nice start, Kit'!!! I'm so glad Obi's okay and I can't wait for the rest of the story!!

18. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Very well done!! A great beginning. Hope we get some more soon.

19. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    That was good. I can't wait to read the next part. Poor Amy I fell sorry for her. Post more soon.

20. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Welcome to the darkside......

Amy was dreaming again, not the nice dreams where she could pretend that she was still the innocent girl of her childhood without a care in the world but the dark disturbing dreams whose vague memories haunted her while she was awake. Something was holding her back, pinning her arms to her sides while she vainly struggled to free herself. Before her on a metal bed was Rohnin. A sheet coming almost to his waist, his own arms were pinned by string metal bands. He twisted his head and stared wordlessly at her, his eyes beseeching her to free him.

?Rohnin.? Amy murmured aloud. Something slithered from the shadows and Amy recognized it as Varkia. The women looked like the living dead with skin and flesh peeling off her bones. Half her face had been eaten away; leaving a leering skull while the other side was almost perfect in its beauty. She pressed something into Rohnin?s skin and the boy began to scream. Tortured black eyes turned to her imploring her. Amy struggled but what ever it was held her more tightly. Rohnin spasimed a couple of times and then his body went limp. Blood began to trickle out of his mouth leaving a thin smear of red down the side of his face. Amy screamed in anguish as Qui-gon appeared and drew the sheet over Rohnin?s face. The tall Jedi turned to Amy; his eyes had turned to black pools.

?Close the doors.? Qui-gon whispered, ?kill him."

?no.? Amy murmured vaguely as she became fully awake. It took a few minutes to register the streaming light in the room signaling morning. Amy could hear Allicia?s playful banter from the living room and Obi-wan?s replies as he clattered dishes into the sink. Amy sat up shivering, her doona was on the floor in a twisted heap and her legs had managed to encase themselves in the sheets. With a groan Amy unwrapped each leg and pulled the blanket straight. Every time she stopped concentrating on the task of making her bed stray bits of disturbing dreams would float in. She sighed as she sat on her newly made bed, she was tired and drained already and she had not even started the day yet. Irritably Amy crossed to the other side of the room and began to dress, she paused to study herself in the mirror. The way she looked even repelled her, her hair had no life to it and her complexion was waxy and pale. She was excessively thin; the bones of her ribs stuck out and her cheeks had begun to look hollow. Amy grinned theatrically she looked like a skeleton. The mention of the word brung thoughts of the zombie dream figure of Varkia to mind.

Amy clipped her belt around her waist and headed out into the lounge room. Allicia looked up from playing with the Lego blocks. Obi-wan had made her a little house out of them the other day and now Allicia was playing with it moving her little figures in and out and talking softly to herself.

?Amy!? Allicia squealed with delight.

?Hello.? Amy said back sometimes Allicia?s child-like innocence was like a breath of fresh air, at others it annoyed Amy until she felt like screaming. She pointed at the figures in Allicia?s chubby hands ?Who?s that??

?That?s you.? Allicia said, ?And this is Master Jinn and this is Obi-wan and this is me and that?s Rohnin.?

Amy bit down on her lip at the mention of his name; she started up on her feet, accidentally knocking over the house and the figures. Allicia opened her mouth and began to cry plaintively. Amy squatted down again to try and calm the little girl but Allicia kept on crying, Obi-wan appeared a dishcloth tucked into his belt.

?Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up!? Amy yelled at Allicia. The boy swooped down and picked the little girl up cradling her on his hip. Allicia went quiet almost immediately.

?She didn?t mean to mention Rohnin.? Obi-wan said putting Allicia down and helping her to set her house back up.

?I know.? Amy spat back, tears springing to her eyes. Obi-wan stood and slowly put his arms around Amy, the girl just stood motionless, her head buried into the crook between Obi-wan?s shoulder and neck, as Obi-wan p

21. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    MORE KIT'!!!!!!!

That was heartwrenching. The way you have everyone not knowing if he's dead or alive is the worst part. Poor Amy and Rohnin's parents! I really hope he's alive for everyone sake. You are his only hope Kit'.

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, that was really saddening, the way that Amy stopped thinking 'when' and starting replacing it with 'if' and then giving up altogether. And the way N-ari is starting to age under the strain. I really liked the way that Amy reacted to Allicia's mention of Rohnin, first by almost crying and then screaming at her. How realistic! And now that we've got a clue that Rohnin really was where the crew said he was not, I'm feeling hopeful that he'll be found soon! So post again, Kit, this is really good!

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Uppers I guess... Thanks for the replies Mouse and Jane!!!!!!!

Kithera

24. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    That really was a touching scene. I'm looking forward to more, especially since I'm working night shift for the next couple of weeks - it's amazing how much reading I'm getting done! *grin*

Great post Kit'! :)

25. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    oh, Kit!!! That was an excellent (albiet heartbreaking!) post. MORE!!!!