main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Gals only

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Matara_Healbo, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Since I brought this same topic up in the EU board it got locked because it didn't really mention anything about the written Star Wars. Like half the stuff on that board does anyway. Okay this is a place were the gals can come and tell about their favrite characers or what not. Also to talk amungst other Star Wars gals. So feel free to post away.

2. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    Why is this for gals only? I find this restrictive and insensitive!

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    *looks for chicks*

62 posts to go!

4. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I put it up for gals only, okay guys can come too if you really want to pick up some one on line. On some message boards that I have been on there are very few females that post. It's pretty much a place were the SW gals can come and see there are more Star Wars chicks out their. Yes I know Star Wars chicks has it's own website and everything but this is for this place. I first had it on the EU page because the guys had their little panty discussion but since my title didn't have EU in it they closed it down.

5. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    If you're a fan of Mara Jade, we have a fan club in the Literature forum. It's mostly girls, but we do have a few guys.

6. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    ::LadyCallie walks into the room::

"Hi! My name is LadyCallie and I'm a gal. My favorite EU character is Callista and my favorite OT character is tied between Luke and Leia."

"What is your favorite SW movie?"

7. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Hi! I'm Stoned Rose and I'm an alco-oh wait, a second.....

Let me try this again: Hey everybody! I'm Stoned Rose! My fave character is Han Solo because I have always liked scoundrels (it's a habit I am still trying to break).

My favorite movie is Empire Strikes Back.

Anyway, it's great to be here! :)

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    My favourite is Han Solo, he's handsome and surely got a way with people.

9. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Luke is the bomb! He's the hunk of SW! Here's the link to my nothing but Wormie-Luke-site!!!

http://www.geocities.com/justwormie/

10. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I'm a big Luke fan myself. There's just something about him in the swamps of Dagobah and that tank top and sweat. I also think he has a gret smile in Return of the Jedi. My favorite movie is hard to say but I think Jedi or was it Empire, can't I just say all of them?

11. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    I can watch that part all day!! Did you see his arms?! Sigh.

12. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    My TESB tape is almost like my sisters Top Gun tape with the volley ball scene. It never really gets past it. Good thing I have four copies right. I could watch Luke tumble threw the jungle all day. *sigh* Okay now I need to stop talking about that.

13. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    When did you first see SW?

14. Jedi_Bratzilla

Jedi_Bratzilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2000
    *Brat peeks her head in*

Luke?! Did you say Luke?!

WOO HOO!!!

I thought for the longest time that Luke was no longer "cool" in the fandom. I'm sure glad I was wrong.

Recently, a small cadre of Luke fans have gotten together and we've been having an online drool fest, each one coming up with better and better pictures to post.

It's so good to see others of like ilk.

And, I'm not taking away from Han one bit.

Hey, can't we admire both of them? You can never have too many great men, now, can you?

Regards,
    Brat.

15. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Hey Brat!!! Could you give me the link?

16. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    This is a cool thread! Don't even get me started on the tank top part.;)

Hey, Luke fans. If you want, go over to Luke Skywalker Fans Unite in the Classic Trilogy. The URL is:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1847387

17. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Hi Gals!

Calli here.

Lets see, I'm 22 don't remember when I saw ANH the 1st time. Do remember seeing ESB when I was 2 and ROTJ when I was 5.

Lets see my SW men of choice are

Thrawn
    Maul
    Xizor

If it isn't obvious I like villians the most. ;-)

Corran Horn
    and
    Wedge.

That pretty much sums me up.

Calli

18. Melarn Tecc

Melarn Tecc Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Ooh, glad I found this place :)

I have to admit, my most fav character is Boba Fett :) I dunno why really, then of course theres Han and Luke, hehe :) *sigh*

Umm favorite movie would have to be ROTJ :)

19. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Aw, c'mon gals, let's make this a little more interesting than "who's cute in the movies?"

How about standing up for our right to be SW fans as well?

Did any of you read TIME in the months before TPM was released? There was an article about the movie, and one of the people interviewed was the costume designer for the movie. (I don't remember her name off-hand) In the article, she made a comment about having fancy costumes to attract girls to the theatre, and then something about girls this summer dreaming they are Amidala for her Faberge earrings.

Understandably, I was a little incensed.

So, I wrote an extremely eloquent letter to the editor of TIME, voicing my protest against the way females were portrayed by the article. I asserted that I had been a fan for years, not because of any costumes or "girly" things, but because of the action, and the heart of the story. I closed with something like "If a girl does dream she is Amidala this summer, more likely it will be because she wishes she could rule an entire planet in such an amazing galaxy... not because of her earrings."

And TIME actually put my letter in the magazine. It was (understandably) edited down to a shorter letter, but all the main points were there, and it was in its own box, with a header and comments from the editor. I was really excited when I saw that issue come in... I wish I had it here with me at school so I could type the actual letter for you.

Anyway, that was one of my awesome SW experiences as a woman. Anyone else have a story to share?

20. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I want to know why people always think Star Wars is a "Guy Flick?" I can't remember the first time I saw ANH or TESB (I wasn't born when they were released) but I did see ROTJ when I was 2 and I my dad had me on his lap and said I was so involved with the movie I didn't want to get up after the ending credits.

Why don't SW movies have more female characters? Yes the EU has plenty of them and most of which are good. The only female characters that really stand out in my mind are well Leia of course, Oola for a short time, Mon Mothma for 5 minutes and Aunt Beru for about 10, Amidalaa/Padme and her Handmaidens. That's really not a lot if you compare it to the male roles. Why are women characters so limited? I remember in high school we had a Halloween dance called MORP and it was a costume dance. The girls would ask they guys to the dance and pay for everything, the costume dinner, etc.. I had so many girls that wanted their group to go as SW character come up to me to ask me what female characters they could be, naturally I gave them EU characters they didn't know what I was talking about. So I gave them the classic trilogy names (TPM wasn't out yet and the trailors weren't even talked about) like the ones I listed above but I don't think the Oola costume would go over well at a high school dance. They ended up bagging the idea and went Star Trek instead. I know from what I have heard about Episode II is that there will be a young Beru so we may get more female roles coming out.

21. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wormie said it!! Lukie is THE bomb!!! Watching him in ROTJ made me like SW!! NOrmally I'd leave the room when my brothers put them on, but when I walked in and saw Lukie talking (for the first time)I sat and watched, cuz he was hot and cute. ;) And who can resist a squirt??? ;)

Oh I'm Luney btw. heh heh

22. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Actually, the two other really hardcore Star Wars fans I know in "three-dimensional land" are girls. I mean I know guy star wars fans too, but they aren't as fanatic. Interesting right?

--by the way, Han Solo is definitely the hottest. Oooh, take a look at that scene in ESB and he's getting lowered into carbon freeze, giving Leia the *look*....aw man, watch that scene and tell me you don't want to jump in there after him. Oooh, baby.

23. Jole

Jole Jedi Master star 3

Dec 12, 1998
    While it's true that there is other things in the SW trilogy besides the men, I have to be honest and say it wasn't the technology or cool affects that caught my interest at first. It was the characters.

It seems I have a lot in common with StonedRose. It was Harrison Ford as Han Solo that got me hooked and it was that character that made me keep watching it. What can I say, I was a girl at the begining of teenhood when ESB came out.

Of course the more intellectual aspects of the movie came to me as I got older and the lightsaber battle at the end of RotJ is almost the only thing I've liked about that installement. The more jaded I get the more I appreciate Palpatine in that movie, the evilness... <shudder>

Anyway I enjoyed watching TPM and the coming prequels mostly to see what the old coot is up to and how he is going to do it.

StonedRose, I love your fanfic btw.

24. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    As I got older I did like SW because of the guys in it. My family had copies of the movies so my older brother would watch them at least once a week so as I entered 8 or 9 I saw these two very cute guys on screen and I fell in love all over again. I remember also playing lightsaber battles with my brother and his friends out back when I was younger. I could whoop anyone of them, I think that's why I want to take fencing so badly. I do agree with the ladies that said as they get older they appreciate the movies more. Now I get into SW wars with my dad when he starts to take the movie apart and annalizing it. It's fun but once you've gone threw every argument possible it tends to get on the dull side.

25. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    I am a star wars fan.

Let's see, I haven't ever MINDED the Star Wars male stereotype, because that's what makes me 'unique', at least for my age and school. I started my interest because of my brother, and then waddayouknow? I'm an addict on Star Wars. I am slightly annoyed with the stereotype placed on girls that like Star Wars, because I certainly didn't go see it because of 'Girl Power' or Obi-Wan...there are girls in my school planning on seeing Episode II just because of Hayden/Anakin. I went to see Star Wars because of the saga that had pulled me in. I wanted to see the beginning of a saga, a piece of history, not just Queen Amidala or Ewan McGregor. I mean, Star Wars chicks aren't typical girls...we are not shallow, we are not idiotic. What we are is Star Wars fans. Let us be that, maybe will have to be associated with the guys, but at least we won't be associated with people that we're not.

Yikes, that was one long rant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.