main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Battlefront (PS2)

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by TAFF_VADER, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAFF_VADER

TAFF_VADER Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Anybody out there playing this game on PS2? I'm completely addicted and can't see me ever playing another game, as long as there is someone out there to play against!
    I always wanted to be a Stormtrooper when I grew up(8-}) and at last I have fulfilled my destiny![face_dancing]

2. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    TAFF, go into the Games forum on these forums. A lot of people playing this are there and you will find someone to play against online. As for me, I have an XBOX so I only play it on there. Brilliant game.

3. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Amazing game, I've got it for the PC.

4. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    Agreed Odj, hoping for a good sequel too.

Lucasfilm seem to be upping the stakes with games these days. KOTR2 and Republic Commando are next and both look fabulous. :D

5. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    Totally agree, I don't think there are enough superlatives to adequately describe this game. Thanks for the info about the game boards COUNT I've had a quick look over there but unfortunately it seems to be populated by septics! I was hopping to set up the 1st Welsh LeibstandartePalpatine legion as a clan but if you guys are on a different platform to me then no worries. I'll have a better look at the game boards.

6. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Septics?

7. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    Sorry, it's cockney rhyming slang. Septic tanks = Yanks.
    I've picked it up from Mrs Hugget on that superb comedy show stella street. She always refers to the americans as septics.
    The point is, as they're all americans on the gaming boards, even if I could join one of their clans/get on their servers, they would be playing whilst I am in bed! Anyone know of any UK clans?

8. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Of course it is! I've watched that show plenty of times, I should have known that.

But isn't it Michael Caine that uses the term Septics?

Can't be much help on this i'm afraid. I don't really play many computer games. I just havn't got the time, well ok, I have.... But i'm just to lazy ok!!

Besides i'm holding out for the Matrix Online. I might give that a go when it comes out, whenever that will be????

9. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    Welshguy, I think you're right about Michael Caine. Although it sticks in my mind more when Mrs Hugget has said it, as you don't expect it from a woman in her seventies.
    No worries about the game info, there's always plenty of people on line anyway - It's just I would prefer to play with bona fide Star Wars fans. I heared some kids discussing tactics on the Hoth map once saying "I think we gotta shoot rope around those horse thingies legs" and they were playing as Imperials! I was just shaking my head. On the plus side there are people on there with names like TK421 and Dengar and you just know then.
    Enjoy Matrix on-line when it comes out but try not to over do it! Every time I close my eyes I have visions of laser fire surrounding me - and people say I'm wasting my life. Happy days! ;)

10. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    TAFF, you know with the PS2. How do you go online?

Do you just get the adaptor and then use your cable box with no subscription to play the games? And if so, is there any slowdown?

11. TAFF_VADER

Oct 29, 2004
    I'm using Internet connection sharing on the computer with the ps2 connected through a Network card (my broadband connection is through a USB port) by 10m of "crossover" ethernet cable to the ps2 network adapter.
    I set it up this way as it was the cheapest way to do it. I wasn't sure if online gaming was going to be a flash in the pan(just for a Star Wars game whose novelty might wear off), so I have to put up with having to have the computer on in another room and cable all over the place while I'm online. Now that I know I'm addicted I'm going to look at setting up a wireless network but I'll have to wait until I can get the cash together first!

As for the subscription I didn't sign up to any "gaming" package and it works just fine but this might be unique to Battlefront. The limitation is your upload connection speed, and this is what is increased on the gaming packages (the download limits are increased as well, and this helps staying online for longer!). Battlefront requires 40kbps and my current ISP gives me around 60 when I've tested it. Of course, it sometimes can get a bit laggy when you're playing with a lot of people but it's not that bad and I can put up with it!

12. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    Thanks for the info TAFF :)

Will probably pick one up soon, once I have finished Halo 2.

If its free for multiplayer online then it gets points over Xbox Live (£39.99 a year).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.