main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Wars BluRay!!! At Last

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GFORCE13, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I realize these are probably the Special Editions, availible 2 ways:
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/ref=pd_ys_home_shvl_3

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    There is really only one edition of any of the films now, not trying to be mean, but that is certainly how Lucas sees it. They're not the "Special Editions" anymore they're just the Star Wars movies the way they were meant to be. Until he decides to make another change or two or twelve ;)

I can't wait for the Blu-rays though, oh man, so excited!

3. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    All I know is that this is his chance to not screw up what people want.

4. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Amen to That!!!

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    What I want, and most Star Wars fans want, is the newest, best versions of all six movies on Blu-ray, and that's exactly what we're going to get. I don't think hardly anyone wants the old, crappy versions of the films without enhancements. The last thing I want to see is that stupid Ewok song at the end of ROTJ or the lame looking X-Wings with no CG enhancements or Cloud City without looking at all consistent with the "open world" and imagination of the rest of the films. Sure, we can all debate "Han shoots first" over and over, but that one tiny change doesn't undo the fact that the rest of the changes visually improve the films immensely and bring them up to date. So I'm happy, and I don't think Lucas is going to release old versions of his movies, just like I'm not going to show you guys a draft of my feature film from 3 edits ago. I'm going to put out the best, newest version we have. That's how filmmakers work, we want our work to be the best it can be ;)

6. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I only have the DVD, but, I loaned Phantom Menace to my coworkers 8 year old son. He'd never seen any of the Star Wars movies before. His Mom said he loves it and she's going to buy them all for him now. Ahhh, another padawan tempted to the light side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.