main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Costuming Club...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by swtrilogy, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swtrilogy

swtrilogy Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Greetings,

I am new to the boards but have been collecting since it all began. I am currently working on getting people together who love to costume and have interest in expanding their costuming experience. As such I have started to assemble a small group of fans who have interest in costuming at parades and other civic functions as well as making appearances at Children?s Hospitals.
    I already have the use of a flat bed tow truck for various parades in Waukesha County for the Christmas Parade Season i.e. November. With this flat bed we can create a float of Star Wars proportions. A Death Star Scene with or other scenes from the movies. We can get a music system to crank out Star Wars Music and do Lightsaber Duel Reenactments on the float. So I am looking for anyone who would like to come out dressed up or would like to duel. Master Replicas and Park Sabers look so awesome at night and would really add to the music and
    excitement of Star Wars. Stormtrooper and other shock troop members of the 501st can ask the parade viewers if they have seen any wanted droids. And other costumed people can wave from the float or play with the crowds as they see fit. How cool would it be to see all this in parade?

I am holding an impromptu meeting at AMF Bowling Lanes in Waukesha, WI on September 11th at 2:30pm. Those interested in attending should PM me for directions. Those interested but can not make it please PM me with questions.

Sincerely,

Brian
    262-894-6668

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    You may want to reconsider that date - It's the Packer opener and I know there are quite a few Packer fans in the group.

3. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Waukesha is a bit far for me to go on speculation plus I play in some RPGs on Sundays.

As for riding a float, that brings back very old memories of a Holiday parade in Grafton. I froze my butt off as C3PO (no, the costume does not still exist as this was back in 1980).

4. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    It sounds interesting and I like the Children's Hospital idea. Just got a new Greedo mask and working on a costume for that.

Did you post on the "official costume thread"? Lots of Milwookians costume and post there too.

5. swtrilogy

swtrilogy Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Greetings,

I will be at AMF Bowling Lanes at 12:30 for the Star Wars Bowling League. It will be over at 2pm and the meeting will be at 2:30. I know this is a bad day but when is a good day to get everyone interested there? I am looking at doing at least two parades in November and need to get things moving. I already have the use of a flat bed tow truck but will need help puting the float together. I am looking for ideas and people who are interested in making this happen and making this a fun experience for everyone. I have years of experience doing parades for my last place of employment and they are tons of fun. Cold, maybe but we would only be out in the cold for an hour or two and hay you never know, its WI and could be warm any time. Its not about the cold, its about making people especially kids happy!!

Sincerely,

SWTrilogy

6. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    You would most likely be better off attending one of the book club meetings (if Leslie doesn't mind of course). I believe most of the costume people are also book club people (correct me if I'm wrong here). Since they meet on a monthly basis already perhaps you could adjust your schedule to fit their's.

Good luck!

7. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I think Dan's suggestion is a good idea. While a separate meeting is fine, I've already invited you to our book club meeting (where, yes, a good number of us with costumes, and making more, meet up as well, making it a combined meeting). So I invite you, once again, to the next meeting which will probably be on Sunday, September 25 (watch the BC thread for the formal announcement soon). Yeah, that is 2 weeks later, but some of us already have plans that day (and not football for me, thank you!) so wouldn't be able to make it anyways.

Just a thought...adding to Dan's.

I think I already PM'd you the directions for the last meeting which you couldn't make.

8. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Crap. I have to work now - thank you unreliable coworker. Grr.

Anyway, if you do plan to go to Children's hospital or a parade (except for the weekends before and after Thanksgiving) let me know. I should have a costume for Greedo finished by then.

9. bluesaber

bluesaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2000
    I would be interested in participating, but am unable to come on the 11th. Keep me posted as to what is going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.