main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    :>0<: ============= |-0-|

I'm shocked there isn't a general thread for this here already!

Edit. No piracy on these boards, please.

anyhoo this can be the general "wow that movie was great!" thread. (as when it is released, it is not classed as "spoilers")

So from the date of release to the date you actually see the film, you may want to avoid this thread as people may come back here and say "this scene was great wasn't it" etc.

AOTC - one month (in a few days) and counting...

:D

EDIT = spelling

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Episode II Movie: 4 weeks, 3 days, and about 6 hours!

If you go to the 12:01am, 16 May screening here in New Zealand, it'll only be 07:01am, 15 May in US Central Time - or 17 hours before those in middle America. :D

Episode II Figures: 1 week, 1 day and about 6 hours!

IF anyone does a midnight sale. :(

3. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    New billboard on Symonds Street. :) Kitt must have spotted it too... unless she was falling asleep on the bus. 8-} And now there's TWO! That darn Ice Age one is gone! :D

4. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Is it the poster, or something else?

Could you get a photo of it?

BTW - about this thread - can we keep spoilers out of it? Technically there should be no spoilers outside the Episode II and III Spoilers Allowed boards. Thanks.

5. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    It's the new poster art: [image=http://www.iconographics.net/Images/Standard_2/StarWarsEpisode2-Clones.jpg]

Surely you have seen it. :) It's not a "wide" version, like the first one, so it only occupies half of the billboard and the other half has "Attack of the Clones", yada-yada you-know-what written on it.

6. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Its exactly 1 month & 22 minutes until AOTC.

Can I get an amen bruthas & sistahs?????

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I could probably get a picture of it. I need to use up that film too, so I see what those pictures of me, Lisa and Yoda look like.

It's quite cool ... there's the big 'Attack of the Clones' one, then the teaser with Ami and Ani beside it.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    This thread will remain spoiler free... until it is released - then there are no such thing as spoilers".

9. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Good :)

And yes, I've seen the poster, but I haven't seen or heard about it being in billboard form before :D

10. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    If you wanted a picture for TFN, jp would be the better one to take a picture, because I think he has a digital camera. He doesn't work far from there, either.

11. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I hope I look good next to Yoda. 8-}

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, who couldn't look good next to Yoda. Or Maul for that matter, lol.

13. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    a midget with facial tattos and large ears

14. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Just wondering, is anyone here checking up spoilers? I'm spoiler-free myself...

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I was gonna be spoiler free, then sw.com started with those weekly (?) selects. I got hooked, and then had to discuss the images in the PSA board.

I read all the spoilers up until about a month ago, grabbed the leaked storyboards etc - I think there's a point when even the spoiled can know TOO much. That's why I stopped going to the PSA board...

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm pretty much totally spoiled. I'm sure there will be many things in the movie I don't know about, though. I don't intend to read the novel beforehand.

I was spoiler free for Ep1, the only spoiler I knew was that Maul died. Didn't know Qui-Gon died.

Having been both ways, I think I actually prefer to be spoiled. For one thing, it kind of drags the fun out over three years, instead of just two hours. Also, it doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie to me unless I know what happens next. I enjoyed Ep 1 far more the second time ... the first time, it was such a bombardment of eye candy it was hard to follow the story.

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

The Episode II novel (hard back) hits the Australian bookshops on 23 April at a price of Aus$39.95 (roughly NZ$48) ... I'd guess it'll be released here the same day too.

I've also just received a list from Iconix of the figures being released here on Tuesday too - 30 in total (including the Deluxe Figures). :)

18. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I think I'll go see the movie, then come back and read the script in case I missed anything, then go see the movie again...depending on how good it is. :D

19. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I prefer the paperback books (they take up less room), so I'll have to wait until later in the year before I get the Episode II novel. :(

I still haven't read the Episode I novel yet ... or almost all the other Star Wars novels.

I was waiting until I could read them all in order, but it doesn't look like they'll stop writing them in the near future ... thankfully. :)

20. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Paperback books are a lot cheaper too. Have you seen the hardback NJO series at Borders? They cost more than $50! [face_shocked]

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

That too. :)

The new TV Guide's Internet page has addresses for Star Wars: Epsiode II websites, and includes a the web address of SWNZ ...
    Local collectors
    star-wars.co.nz
    A new Star Wars movie is always accompanied by a heap of merchandising and collecting that stuff is getting more popular. This is the site for Kiwi collectors.
    :)

The other links they give are:

There's also a good little cartoon picture I'll try and scan over the weekend. :)

22. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    It is the weekend. 8-}

23. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I know, but it had only just started. It looked like it was going to be a busy one, but I managed to finish off almost everything - just waiting for an email reply before I can finish off the last bit of "urgent" work. :)

OUCH!! There's a rather big spoiler HERE - if it hasn't been taken down yet. :)

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    wow - it all begins.

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Star Wars: Episode II countdown ...

Toy and book release: 11 hours
    (except for the naughty Warehouse!)

Movie release: 3 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours

:D