main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I heard there was a limited run with jango on the cover.

thirteen sleeps!!

2. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    When you put the spines of the four different covers together it gives you a pic of Jango.

3. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Ok, Theres something I wanna ask everyone.

Who exactly is Zam Wessel, eg origin, significance etc.

And....When Qui-Gonn died, how come his body didnt vanish like that of Yoda's & Obi-Wans? His body stayed whole as did Anakins on the funeral pyre.

I'm sure one of you smart cookies can clue me in on some of these questions.

Cheers,
    only 13 more sleeps or..... 104 hours of sleep at 8hours per nite over 13 nites.

MTFBWY

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

It was only Vader's armour that was burnt on Endor, his body had already vanished, that's why he appeared in "ghost" form at the end. :)

As for Qui-Gon, maybe we'll see in Episode II or III - there are rumors (possible spoilers), but nothing definite yet that I know of.

5. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Ah, I forgot about the Count Dooku one [face_blush] I'm definitely buying it--but not sure if I should get the UK one or the Australia one. If they still ship them here by sea and you get them like, 2 months later, you could compare the Uk and Oz ones. :) But I think they're all sent over by air now. :(

I don't think I'll be sleeping for 8 hours a day everyday. :D

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

The latest TV Guide has the Episode II poster/advert on the back cover.

Don't forget to cut it off as soon as you get it - otherwise grubby fingerprints will soon cover it as people read through the magazine. :)

7. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    11 sleeps!

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I just switched on the TV and caught the end of the Jango Fett advert in one of the breaks during the Batman Beyond (Of The Future) cartoon.

First one I've seen here, maybe we'll start seeing others too. :)

9. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    i saw the R2-D2 one this morning

10. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
  11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, I've now seen the R2-D2 advert twice - once on TV2 and once on TV3. :)

12. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    //hasn't seen any ads//

:(

Question: Why, in the SW.com pic, does Dukoo have a purple lightsaber? (it looks just like Mace's!)

?[face_plain]

13. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Awwwww ... now you've spoiled it. Not everyone wanted to know that Dooku and Mace are the same person until they saw it on screen. :(

:p

14. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    All the fan reviews I've read have been whiny rants about how much they hated TPM. Sheesh, it was three years ago, "Get over it", as they say on that Otago uni ad.

Talking about ads ... I remember having to constantly watch ad breaks in order to capture the SE ads on tape ... those were cool, the lightsaber duel in the theatre with the usher, lol.

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    SFL its the blue light effect that makes it look purple

16. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Here is a review, few/no spoilers, & it gives a very good view of Ep 2. Its as if we didnt have faith it was gonna be great anyway, with this reveiw out, theres solid proof.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/sneak/clones.html

17. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I happen to like that review.

18. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    "...Attack Of The Clones is the most remarkable Star Wars film to date. It not only breathes new life into the series, but it brings us back to the original magic that made Star Wars a cultural phenomenon."

If it's as good as the review suggests, than yay! :) Oh darn it, now I have extremely high expectations of AOTC. 8-}

19. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    You know Episode II is close when the milk has pictures of 79-year old red lightsaber-wielding men and 880-or-so-year-old Jedi Masters next to a best before date of May 16th

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There was more (unadvertised) about Episode II on Entertainment Tonight last night - it'll be repeated at 12:00noon today (Wednesday, 8 May) for those close to a TV - if you're at work you could try the local appliance shop. :)

It was mainly about Natalie Portman being happy to be more in the action and being a role model for young girls (not smoking, not super skinny, etc.).

21. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Natalie is alright, but I hate it when some young actresses say stuff like that. [face_plain] The only difference is that Natalie can actually live up to the "good role model" of young girls.

22. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I think Natalie is brillant

23. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    I got an email from her last year. Shes friends with my mates brother at a certain Ivy League School

Natalie is extremely talented & will go very far as an actress, or in watever she decides to pursue. Although, I must say, her greatest performance was her first, in Leon/The Professional.

24. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Nver seen that, but I'd like to.

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There's a VERY brief interview with Jay Laga'aia in the e.g. magazine with today's NZ Herald (Thursday, 9 May).

He says he had trouble judging distances because of having one eye covered by the patch - surely you'd think they'd make the patch out of a material that looks solid from the outside, but can be seen through from the inside. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.