main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Episode X

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Dah_Schwartz, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dah_Schwartz

Dah_Schwartz Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2002
    Star Wars: Episode X has already been released. It's even on DVD.

What is the title of the movie?

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I have no idea to what you're referring.

A little more background, please?

3. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    I'll give hints:

Hint #1 It's NOT 'Spaceballs'

Hint #2 It's also not THX-1138

(I'll give other hints later)

4. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    So... is this a game? :confused:

5. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    Yes, it's a trivia game.
    Name the title of the already-released movie Star Wars: Episode X.

Other hints from the movie:

#3) The main character is a member of the galaxy of the Republic (I suppose the New Republic, post-Empire).

#4) The force is with the main character.

#5) The movie is not an animated cartoon/feature.

6. trianiigirl

Jun 21, 2002
  7. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    Not the Ewok Adventure.

#6) The main character may be a Jedi Master, even though the word "Jedi" is not spoken.

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I have no idea. :confused:

9. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    Hint #7: Relatives of the main character appear in at least one (if not two) of the other Star Wars episodes.

Hint #8: The main character is not a relative of Skywalker.

10. trianiigirl

Jun 21, 2002
  11. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    The Battle for Endor is not the movie. Good guess though.

Supposedly, Episode X isn't written by George Lucas, but that does not say that he didn't specifically have direct personal influence with regards to it. At least, I ~guess~ he didn't write it, or part of it. (Maybe he did, without credits).

This depends on intent. If the intent was to pull the shades over everyone's eyes, such that it would be a hidden secret of its 'Star Wars status', it worked. Obviously, it's a secret, because even the best of Star Wars fans haven't perceived this (they've perceived a PART of this, but not to the extent that its become). That would keep George from placing his name on the credits. But it is, undeniably, a Star Wars film, especially since there is a 'battle of sorts' that the main character endures; i.e. making it a 'war' (even though no shot is fired. There's a hint).

I can tell you this:

Hint #9: The person who directed Episode X DID have influence and/or direct communications with George Lucas in the development of other Star Wars episodes. This is proven on the DVD release themselves. This also isn't limited just to Lucas' efforts on Star Wars. The unnamed director helped Lucas on other films as well. This collaboration affects the basis of Episode X.

The movie you're trying to guess IS a Star Wars movie, but it does not carry the "Star Wars" title screen, or a rolling introduction. Admittedly, I'm actually guessing that it is Episode X (since it does not specifically state that it is Episode X). But I'm sure that it's not one of the orgininal screenplays of Episodes VII, VIII or IX, as I believe those storied relate to the generations built by Luke, Liea and Han (and possibly the main character of Episode X).

Hint #10: The fact that it is Episode X implies its position on the chronology of the event.

Hint #11: The story occurs on a planet that you have not seen in any other Star Wars episode, but you ~have~ heard its name.

... and here's the real kicker...

Hint #12: You ~HAVE~ seen the movie. I gaurentee that. If you haven't seen the movie, then you don't know what planet you're living on.

This whole thing puts a different perspective on the Dark Side of the Force. The Jedi, especially those on the Jedi Council, are not able to sense the existence of the Dark Lord of the Sith as leader of the Republic Senate. This seems impossible to the audience, since the existence is so clear. Similarly, Star Wars fans have not been able to sense the existence of Episode X, even though it has such tremendous exposure. These are the reason why Lucas and his other collaborating director may be Darth Lords themselves. They're planning something, I know it. They're looking at you if they are the audience, and waiting to see how you react when the curtain of the past opens. It's time to open our eyes.

12. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    Hint #13: The main character encounters a creature that appears to be of the same species as Yoda, and recognizes him as such. Could the main character possibly have been a Padawan of Master Jedi Yoda, since he is so powerful with the Force??

13. trianiigirl

Jun 21, 2002
  14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Man, trianiigirl beat me to it!

My guess is also E.T.

15. Dah_Schwartz

Dec 21, 2002
    Star Wars: Episode X

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

Now. Does that make YOU a Star Wars character?

I would love to see a DVD edition with a Star Wars intro screen with the rolling trailer.

16. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey, we're all a part of the Star Wars universe! :D

The more I thought about this, the more it made sense. First, E.T. freaks out and acts like he knows a kid dressed up as Yoda. Then, in Episode I, we see a few E.T.s in the Senate scene. That evidence alone seems to point to the fact that E.T. is from that galaxy far, far away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.