main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth Star Wars Fan Day October 20 & 21 in Plano, TX

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey all, my school workload has increased almost exponentially the last couple weeks...something about helping kids succeed and learn ;) ...leaving not a whole lot of time for extra-curriculars lately.

I plan to come by on Saturday, and our place is available for socializing after the expo closes. Plenty of STAR WARS-y goodness to be had there, to say the least!

2. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Brian, if there's anything you need for that, let me know. Like I said in my PM I've got some cool vintage Star Wars Dixie Cups.

As for the Trivia Contest this is my plan:

1st Round starts when the show opens on Saturday, the entrant must answer 3 of the six questions on a single Star Wars Trivial Pursuit Card. This round will go until 2nd rounds starts.

2nd Round starts at 3 pm Satrurday. To advance to the 2nd round, the person needs to answer 5 of 6 questions on the card. Entrants will be told to come back for 3rd round

3rd and Final Round will start at 3:30 Saturday(should I make it 4 pm?). The questions will come from us, cause if you own that game its unfair to use those questions. Questions will be asked Round Robin style. You miss the first question, you're out.

Prizes: I have grand prize and one runners-up prize. Any more donations would be great.

Suggestions: If you can think of a better way to handle this contest, I would be glad to consider it, I just want it to be fun!!!

Participation Eligibility: Another thing, if you are considering playing the game but also wanted to submit questions, I am going to make out the final questions with the author's name on the bottom of the card. So if your name comes up on a card and you are about to be asked the question, we'll pick another one. I figured you shouldn't miss out on participating if you are helping out.

Any questions?

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005

Is this an invitation??

Where is this place??

Anybody invited??

4. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    I'm going to try and make it too. :)

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    NabootyThanks soooo much for the invite...you guys are great hosts!!!

amidala It was great to finally have a face to put with the name of the great lady who helps out with our minor (and major) troubles!!!

jedimels Sorry I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I would have liked...but, how often do you get Two Gamorrean Gurads at a convention??? Glad to hear the trivia was hard!!!

And to everyone else that I met...(even if I don't remember their names) It was great to meet everyone and I hope to do more stuff with all of you in the future!!!

(Just as long as I have an address to tell my GPS!!!)

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Sorry I didn't get to see more of the Austin folk, had a nail in my tire that had to be taken care of Sat. afternoon [face_worried]

Otherwise, it was fun and we were pleased to be able to host the FanForce afterparty. We still have some Shiner left to finish off :D

Hopefully we can do it again!

7. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    We had a great time meeting everyone.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the FanForce table.

Great party Brian and Jeff

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Like my husband said we had an awesome time. Big thanks to Melissa and the Austin FanForce for all the help and games, and anohter big thanks to Arkansas for the for helping with the trivia contest.

I'll have pictures up on the Waco website and I'm working on a post for the main page. Once again guys it was awesome!!!!

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    AmidalaCan you post a link to the article when you get it done?

Thanks

BJ

10. kodiakthejuggler

kodiakthejuggler Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2007

Damn Shiner gave me an all-day headache on Sunday!

grrr....[face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.