main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Star Wars fans we need your help! We want our Star Wars wedding!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by LEXIAL, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Hello Everyone! We need your help please!

We need all Star Wars fans to pull together and support us as a group! We want to win our Star Wars dream wedding and we need your votes to do that. As well if we win this will put Star Wars on the map so to speak in the city. People will take notice with the promotion of the radio,newpaper and the magazine Oppulence involved.

Jay and I are in the top 11 - as finalists for the
    Vibe 98.5 - 98,000 Dream Wedding!
    Out of 4000 entries we made the top 11 and the last stage is a voting war:

Starts Monday Feb. 18th - Ends Thurs. Feb.28th
    Whoever has the most votes wins the dream wedding.
    So we are desperate to win this as it is a once in a lifetime chance. Details on how to vote is as follows:

1) Go to Vibe 98.5 website, (Calgary/AB/Canada)
    http://www.vibe985.com/
    http://www.vibe985.com/node/649397
    2) Click on the 98,000 dream wedding, click on voting area
    3) Look for us we are couple #8 Jay & Nicole
    The famous Star Wars wedding
    4) Click on our vote button

It is very quick....so we are hoping everyone can take a minute or two to help us. Please pass this on to your friends, family, co-workers and any groups you may be in. The Vibe 98.5 told us to get everyone to fan out this info. As well there is only one vote per Identifiable IP address (meaning per computer.

Thank you to everyone who is getting into this....we greatly appreciate your help as every vote counts.

PS. check out our synopsis and video interview.

2. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Don't forget everyone ...to vote once a day! Thanks a bunch!

3. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I voted today! And I posted to my livejournal: http://veritate.livejournal.com

Several people on my friends list have gotten behind you guys and promise to vote every day, and some of them are posting it on THEIR journals!

I'm going to vote once from home and once from work every day. Woot!

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The Admins of tf.net do not want to put this up on the front page as it is not really Star Wars news or a Fan Force event. I know about 20 of the RSA's and other chapter reps have already voted as I posted this in the chapter rep forum. No to sure if we all email the admins with this info maybe they can be persuaded.

5. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I've had the radio on since 6:30 this morning and have to say that Nicole and Jay seem to be their favorites! They've been referred to repeatedly where they're talking about this contest voting online.

They even called Nicole this morning for more info just before 8 this morning...I would also assume Jay had already left for work!

Hope this goes well and that we make this wish come true!

winston

6. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    I'm so excited for Nicole and Jay!

If they won't put it up on the front page - is there somewhere out in the main forums that you could post? In the JC Community somewhere? They get huge traffic. I haven't looked elsewhere on tf.n other than the Calgary forum for literally years, so I don't know exactly where to suggest, but there must be a general sort of conversation sub-forum that this could be advertised on.

7. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    how about facebook
    im with you all the way
    may the force be with you two

8. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Just saw your vid on the Vibe site! Very cool news. Congrats! I have put in my vote.

9. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    I posted this in the public discussion on another SW-related "international" site but it got taken down as it violated a billboard rule (something about not posting for advertising or financial gain).

However, just got an e-mail from the mod saying he has moved it to another sub-forum and has left the thread and the link active seeing as I meant well =D=.

And, again, the Vibe keeps dropping Nicole and Jay's name as "the Star Wars couple"...out of the other entries you are very distinctive and hope that there are no complaints from the other teams that the DJs keep referring to them, and including bites from the interview this morning..."Luke, I am your father?!"

10. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I will spread the word to the Mandalorian Mercs!
    http://mercs.firespray.net

11. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    :) Yay! I got it up on the front page of Snowtroopers.ca with the mods blessing!

12. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Thanks for all your help! Keep voting though till the 28th as we want an awsome Star Wars Masquarade party!

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Jay & Nicole, I am sorry that I was unable to get your story posted on the front page of TFN but please be assured that my wife, myself, and many other Fan Force managers around the Fan Force world have casted our votes for you. The very best of luck to you both !!!

Kindest regards,

Mike

14. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    you got my vote!
    i even got people from work to vote.
    the force is strong with you both!

15. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1]Thanks for your help everyone! You are so awsome!

Just a reminder please vote everyday and pass along to anyone you know!
    Have a great night!

16. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    The original message was deleted on our boards, but I still think it is a worthy cause.

I voted for you guys!

Good luck!

17. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    Fingers crossed [face_good_luck]

It's now 5:30AM, the clock went off, and the Vibe crew said they're getting the limo ready...

18. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    :_|

It was a good run and we were all pulling for you...it was a tight contest from what I understand and could've gone either way (though it sounded like it was going yours for awhile there).

Irregardless, we're all behind you and look forward toward your upcoming wedding! =D=

19. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    What, you mean they didn't win? That's osik. Jay and Nicole should have totally won.

20. winbrant

Aug 17, 2005
    On a side note in one of those "small world" things I was made aware of who did win.

It had to be a tough competition when you're also up against a very tight "ethnic" group in which everyone is only 3-4 degrees separated from one another...and their story...

21. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_peace]Well we gave it our best and thank you to everyone who supported us! We will have to delay our fan force/501st party. Here's to the future planning of our wedding!:)Cheers!

22. tk-627

tk-627 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    I'm bummed right out!!
    Sorry you guys didn't win!!
    Do you know if they're going to release the stats on the vote? I like to know by how much you guys lost by...

23. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Oh no! sorry to hear you didn't win, I know that can't be easy.
    Here is some good news for you though BobaJay, I have your tape Boba Fett finished. Let me know when you plan to go to the next meeting and I will bring it for you.

24. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1]That is so awsome! Jay will love the Fett! We hope to be at the next meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.