main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Star Wars for Kids

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by crystala, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    I received this message in the yahoo group. I'm sure there is someone here that can help.

Hi, there, thank you for acccepting me in to the group! I wanted to let you know that the reason why I wanted to join was that I wanted to talk to someone about doing a Star Wars event for kids and to see if there might be some interested people who would like to perform. Can you or forward this email to someone in your group that might be interested and have that person call me? Thank you!

Deborah Helman
    (832) 863-3275

2. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Thanks for posting this. I got a similar email from her a couple of days ago, and I was just coming here to post this.

For anyone interested, here are a few more details Deborah gave to me. She's looking for costumed characters who'd be willing to make an appearance at a Star Wars Club for kids on Thursday, July 29 from 4:30-5PM. She mentioned "I saw some of your members at the NASA Star Wars weekend and their costumes were awesome. We met Boba Fett and Anakin--a highlight for my kids!"

3. ID6796

ID6796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I have made contact with Deborah and the event is in the Heights near N. Shepperd and I-10.

We were disconnected before I could get the rest of the details.

I will make contact with her again.

4. ID6796

Apr 26, 2009
    Met with Deborah today at lunch. The place is called Wonderwild and is located at 707 N Shepperd, a few blocks North of I-10. It is quite difficult to find the place but I can email anyone interested the directions.

This is an in-door playground for young children. When I was there the oldest was maybe 6.

On Thursday, July 29th, she would like up to 4 costumes if at all possible. Yes the event starts at 4:30 p.m. but she said if anyone wanted to show up later that would be fine. The kids could take pictures with you.

The kids will be in the Star Wars costumes and all of them will have their lightsabers. She expects about 40 kids total.

She asked for us to give basic light saber instructions and then hang around for photos with the kids.

It does not look like there will be any donation involved with this.

We have a small changing area in her office.

If anyone can make it, please contact me and I will give you the directions. (Example: You turn left at the big palm tree.) I am serious, this is how she guided me in and it worked.

5. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I get my schedule Friday and will see what I can do.

6. TK8171

TK8171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2009
    The earliest I could be there would be 5:30pm As Luke. Let me know if she would want that John.

7. ID6796

Apr 26, 2009
    David, Awesome, hope you can. And hopefully as a clone but I would greatly be happy with any help. The kids would love you. awwww

Chris, I will ask but I believe that would be too late for the mommy and daddys picking up the kids.

8. TK8171

TK8171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2009
    Sorry John. I tried, but that is as early as I can get there my friend.

9. ID6796

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston we have a problem.

When the wife and I updated my calendar, I have her family coming in from out-of-town on Tuesday. The ones she hasn't seen in 15 years.

I don't get to go and play at this event.

If anyone can make it, please let me know and I will give you the directions.

Thanks.

10. ID6796

Apr 26, 2009
    I give up.

Company coming in cancelled so I am back to being a strong maybe for this event.

Anybody else want to come and play?

11. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I am out. I will be at a healing conference all day.

12. ID6796

Apr 26, 2009
    I just called the lady and told her that we would not be able to make it.

She was sad but understood.

Hopefully next time somebody will be able and willing to go excite the kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.