main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Psycho_Jedi, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey, I don't know how into video games anyone on here is but I found this on the Wolf Web:

This is a new game coming out sometime in feb of 2003. It will feature different skills and such that can be learned and different species that characters can be. It will be a Multiplayer online game and will have the level system of advancement. To aid in such advancement, some players are forming "Player Associations."

They have some "Player Associations" out there already. I was just thinking that if there are enough members interested maybe the Triangle Trade Federation could make their own "Player Association" 8-} Just a thought, besides I think there are fees or something like that associated....but I just wanted to let everyone know about this game. It sounds like it'll be pretty awesome. I hope they have Yoda's species on it.....

2. neojedi

neojedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm up for it when the game comes out. Now back to Warcraft... ;)

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Gee, and this old timer remembers when he played a Star Wars computer game on his PC jr that was just rudimentary, primitive lines cropping up as towers with cannons on the Death Star as you flew your Millenium Falcon above, over, around, and underneath them while TIE-fighters (nothing again but CGI polygons) wizzed out in front and to the sides. How technology has changed in 20 years!

4. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    sounds cool...but I'm not even sure what kinda of character i'd make when I start playing galaxies. Either a Jedi, a Bounty Hunter or a Smuggler type character. I won't know till I learn the game what kind of characater I'll use.

5. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    Yeah, I'd have to go for Jedi or Bounty Hunter. Cause they are just cool.... 8-}

6. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    The cool thing about Galaxies is that you don't start off knowing if you're a good guy or bad guy. If you end up being a Jedi - you don't start off on the dark or light side - it's your actions and decisions throughout the game that determine your fate. I believe the same applies for most professions in the game.

7. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    This game sounds really cool. Jedi and Bounty Hunters deffiantley are the coolest proffesions, what a toss up if I had to choose... Thats cool if your decisions determine things though, I don't know much about how this online type of gaming works but if it didn't cost to much I'd go for it.

8. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    That whole decisions determine your fate thing is really cool. I didn't know that about the game. That would make it even more interesting.....:D

9. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    All of the ScreenShots I have seen for it are real good. I also saw the preview for it on Tech TV's game show. Looks real nice. I am guessing ti will cost a few bucks but 8-9 planets, with future updates to allow space battles, and interaction with established characters sounds great. I think I might play it once they add about 4 more hours to our already too short days.

10. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yah 4 hours would deffinatley help days a lot. The game looks awesome. They will also have a choice of 8 species (Human, Zabrak, Trandoshan, Mon Calamari, Bothan, Rodian, Wookie, Twi'Lek) to be...I'd have no idea, I'd probably end up Human or Twi-Lek...And then be a Bounty Hunter. It looks like this game is going to be really detailed and I"ve never played an online game before so I would go for it...As long as it dosen't cost to much. I say we change a standard day to about 28 hours, I could handle that really well.

11. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I will probably hold off a bit on the game, because I know if I get it all of my free time will be shot online playing it. But man it does look great.

I am hoping that either 1 they are going to balance the cost of the game. I would hate to spend $60 on a game and then another $15 a month for access. I enjoy games, but not that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.