main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars(Lucas) After 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by SliP_SitH_KnoT, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SliP_SitH_KnoT

SliP_SitH_KnoT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2004
    Well,after the long long wait Episode 3 came and captivated millions upon millions of people worldwide.But now that the saga is complete what is to become of Star Wars now?We all know Lucasarts is working on a new Indiana Jones movie.And while that's nice,what about Star Wars?There has been alot of talk about television shows and such following EP3 into EP4.But to who and what it will be about is still in debate.I personally think they should dig deeper,and follow the life and adventures of Boba Fett from EP2 till EP4.I want to know in a brief social outlook why Boba Fett is the most feared Bounty Hunter in the galaxy.While some answers to that question can be found in books and such are you going to tell an eight year old to read several four hundred pafe chapter books?I wouldn't.It's got to be something for everyone.But this is just my opinion.And there are so many different directions they could take this.

2. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    I would really like to see some of Boba Fett in the show. I would be pleased if it was not just focused on one person/event, but to see a show that maybe follows Boba, Captain Anitlles, the rise of the Empire, remaining Jedi, etc.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I believe that Daniel Logan had made some statement recently about being directly involved with the SW TV series that is coming. That would mean that Boba Fett is going to be a major part of the series' plot.

4. SliP_SitH_KnoT

Oct 24, 2004
    When and Where did Daniel Logan say that?That's great though that he will hopefully be involved with whatever show their going to make.Along with Boba Fett,this would be a great place to explore the history of other characters too.It would be nice to see something with Han Lando but it's very unlikey considering Harrison Ford and Billie Dee wouldn't have anything to do with it.An idea I had was if they were going to have a story around Boba Fett,why not include some of the other Bounty Hunters that never got alot of attention.Like IG-88,Dengar,Boskk,Zuckuss and 4-Lom.There's so many way they could take this.It's driving me crazy in anticipation just thinking about it. [face_thinking] :D

5. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    My concern would be with what channel would the show be aired on and what kind of budget would it receive? Without a stellar budget (which there are very few shows now that call for really high budgets) the SFX would have to be really scaled back and that has been the main driving force (no pun intended) behind the prequels. Scondly, the other problem is that without really solid news as to what is going to be involved with the show, expectations can quickly and easily exceed what can be done for the small screen, especially in regards to big name actors, SFX, plot and character development, and just fan wants/ideas.

I doubt that Sci-fi would pick it up as they are doing great with their recent episodic show productions (Stargate, Stargate:Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica) but I doubt that they would be willing to shell out the money to fund production. I'm not sure how SW would do on the syndicated market as again, you are talking about a very expensive show to fund.

As to when/where Daniel Logan said that, it was a news article on TF.N a while back, it had something to do with a dinner for Lucas I think.

6. SliP_SitH_KnoT

Oct 24, 2004
    That's a very good question/point.Which Network would air it.Even though ScFi would be a thought(hence SW is ScFi)But I would want it to be on a better station.Lately ScFi hasn't been putting out their usual stuff.Besides the few shows that they have,all they keep making is these low budget ''ScFi Originals'' which make Disney Channel's Originals look good.Either way,that's a tough one.[face_plain]

7. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Everyone probably knows this by now but I'll just repeat it here. The live action sw tv show has been delayed till 2008. Thats it doesn't even start filming till 2008...bummer.

8. SliP_SitH_KnoT

Oct 24, 2004
    So if they don't even start filming till 2008,what are we going to have in the meantime to hold us untill then.We need something more then just a few video games.I mean,Indiana Jones is nice.But common people,we need more Star Wars!

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I think 2006 may be a bit quiet and slow as far as new Star Wars hype as there will be little more than some new novels and maybe a couple of games.

2007 may see more interest as it will be the 20th Anniversary of SW:ANH and the 3D versions of the Saga are supposed to start being released one per year.

10. SliP_SitH_KnoT

Oct 24, 2004
    I didn't know they were releasing the movies in 3D.How would that work?Cause wouldn't the space battles be the only good scenes to make 3D?I look foreward to hearing more about this.

11. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    HA its the 30th aniversary! Yeah 2007 will really be alot more exciting. With maybe celebration 4! And some more news on the show

12. Ventressismymistress

Ventressismymistress Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Don't forget, the new animated series is scheduled to start airing in 2007. I can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.