main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars Odds & Ends or Show it Off!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Odds & Ends, things you may have found or have that you'd like to discuss or show off!

I'm currently hunting the B-Wing for my toy collection. Its in an ROTJ box and exclusive to KMart. I hate hunting at that place though as it's the most expensive of the retail outlets, the toy aisle is rarely kept up and the stock is really limited but since its an exclusive, there shall I go.

Also currently hunting the Commemorative collection, due in all stores at anytime. The first set of the series will be pretty hot. Each boxed set includes a mini poster with four figs packaged that were exclusive having appeared for the first time in each movie!

2. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    With Comic Con coming up this weekend, I'm looking forward to some cool swag. Most notably, HASBRO has a huge Death Star Case with 14 action figures on card inside! I can only imagine how much that monster would cost!

3. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Some prety cool news out there on the front porch. With the collectors edition of The Old Republic soon to be out, looks like with a glimmer of hope, we might be playing MMORPG:SWTOR by this fall! One can hoep anyway. Also, I'm gonna have to download the Star Wars Blu Ray Preview app to the Pad today. Looks cool and may provide a few sneak peeks. Since its free, its a win!

4. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Wow! What a fiasco today over at Hasbro Toy Shop. Leftover sets of the Death Star Revenge of the Jedi pack were put online at 11:30 am est and they were gone within minutes! Typical of Hasbro's site, servers were swamped, error messages, item gone from carts at checkout, disconnects, etc, etc. I tried but experienced much the same. Cool to hear the Revenge carded figs will be out in a later wave but that Death Star pack is some kinda pretty!

Some other things I'm looking out for in addition to Kmarts Bwing are Toys R Us exclusive YWing and the commemorative sets to be released with the Blu Ray however I hear those sets are already showing up. Lots of good toys coming with the "vintage" packaging!

5. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, just about got my toy room 2.0 finished. Spent the better part of the weekend going to the darkside!

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, twas me ol BDay yesterday and the little ladies bought me Star Wars cookie cutters from Williams & Sonoma at a local mall. They were discounted so they were pretty cheap but imagine my suprise to see plates full of different cookies in the shapes of Vader, Stormie, Boba, Yoda, Falcon, Xwing, Tie, Death Star. lots of good eats, I think I ate one of each.

7. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, decided to start walking down the path of building a Han Solo ESB. Dont think the soft parts will be to hard to score but I can see the biggest thing will be the gunbelt. Appears virtually nobody makes these except one RL approved fellow who charges about $400 for it! I dont know jack about leather work. Hope to score one second hand or some such. I see a lot of ANH Hans but few ESB. Hopeful to get this one put together by this fall. I've got some great reference material and there's a ton of info at the Rebel Legion. Would seem scoring an accurate Han is easier than doing a Jedi! With a Han suit I'll have a Stormtrooper, Vader, Jango, Clone Airborne, Biker Scout on the rack. I may even try to put together an Imperial officer soon as well since I already have the greeblies, belt, code cylinders, boots. Would just need the tunic, hat, pants.

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Scored a great set of leather wermacht boots with the correct stitching and height from a good source at a good price. I'll use these for Han as well as an Imperial Officer. I've always wanted to do an officer but just never had the time or money, so he'll probably come next year. I've now got an MP gunbelt as well as an MR Solo ESB blaster. Should have the three hole belt soon. That leaves the jacket, shirt & pants.

9. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well Han is about finished, got a pair of dickies brown pants, honey stripes off ebay, pirate shirt from museum replicas that we modified and the grey jacket material from JoAnns with extra for the pockets. Got some pics up over at Facebook when we finished it this past weekend. Always needed a nice soft costume to play around in at cons & such.

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    501st should have Star Wars characters at Best Buy over at Commonwealth 20 9/17/11 11-2pm for the Blu Ray Release, Really lookin forward to scoring that set.

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Checkout the new starwars.com, it looks better and is much easier to navigate. I'm diggin it!

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Just saw Walmart has Star Wars popcorn tins! Four different themed tins. Checkout your local Walmart, pop some corn and enjoy this epic saga all over again!

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Tons more Star Wars mugs/sets at Kmart! Xmas stockings, M&M candy dispensers and more!

14. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Saw over at Rebelscum, the Revenge of the jedi chase figures are starting to show! I will make a return to collecting and pursuing the hunt with this wave since I missed out on the SDCC Death Star set. There are some really good figs in this wave.

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    That stormtrooper cake out front is fantastic! Imagine getting one of those! Saw most of the Phantom Menace wave of toys at Toys R Us! Few Valentine things showing up at Walmart too.

16. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    A flood of new Star Wars toys should be landing on shelves at the end of this month! Walmart, Kamrt, TRU all have exclusives as we head toward the release of TPM. I saw the trailer for this in front of Red Tails this weekend and it brought back all the warm fuzzy memories of seeing it on the big screen a decade ago! I'm telling you, you may have issues with the movie but I believe you will again feel that excitement you felt upon seeing it again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.