main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Star Wars (or other) Video games

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Just FYU, BattleFront II is really quite fun. It's worth the purchase either off or online.

And if I see you online I won't get all "Ordder 66" on your arse, promise.

[face_whistling]

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake does want it.. but most likely won't see it till christmas morning.

3. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Don't promise what you cant deliver Hal...you friggin killed me a few times and I was on your side...Jawa Jerk. [face_talk_hand]

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    so true, so true

:oops:

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    hey.. you should try having me on your side.. I could kill both of you with my hands tied behind my back.. heck I could kill all my team members and leave all the opponents alive!! I'm just that GOOD!!!

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks Cat but I don't need any help with the friendly fire, ask Frankie

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Ghost Recon 2:Summet Strike and Battlefront I or II not compatable with the X-Box 360? Yet, Super Bubble Pop is?!?

Compatable Star Wars Related:
    Star Wars®: Episode III Revenge of the Sith?
    Star Wars®: The Clone Wars?
    Star Wars® Jedi Knight®: Jedi Academy?
    Star Wars: Starfighter? Special Edition
    Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic?
    Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic® II: The Sith Lords?

This is insane!!!

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

LEGO Star Wars II: Return of the Original Trilogy

[image=http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/02/LEGO-SWII-xwing-turret.jpg]

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I've seen ads on TV for something called, "STAR WARS - Empire at War". Anybody know anything about it?

10. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    it is an RTS
    made by the people who made....crap i forgot the name.....ah well it is a series of great RTS games for PC.
    empire at war is an RTS which looks very promising,in fact they have an event for it right here in the city of poway!
    AND I WILL BE THERE....AND I'M GOING TO LOOK GOOOOOOOD

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html

As TI said it's a real time strategy game. Basically you ?run? the Alliance or Empire, trying to conquer the galaxy system by system while holding on to what you already have. Having to strategize using money, troop movements, spying, ships, ground troops, planet resources, battle layouts and such, like chess but on a grander scale. You can download the Large demo from Lucas arts site (or mirrors). I tried it and it's not bad... I have not played a PC game like this since the text based days (that dates me). It?s quite intellectual Mr. Wookie, U would like it. :-B

12. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Got Star Wars LEGO for mysel.........err the kids and ummm I err.... they beat it in under 2 days. Now I will get to play it and go back and finish everything they ,issed to get 100%

13. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Chris, try playing it on a harder difficulty. Also there is tons of secret stuff in the back room. I never got to do it all. Now I feel like playing it again. Empire at war looks great..I might have to see if my laptop can support it.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    You laptop will support it. My PC does and my video card is a 5 year old ATI AIW 7500 with 64 megs of Video RAM (on a 64 bit moBo with a gig of PC3200 in dual channel mode, go figure). I can run the game no problem, your laptop is much better on video than mine.

15. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I know some of you may already know this, but, I am uber-excited:

FOUR WEEKS TO KH2!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

I can't wait. I have saved my money since Christmas for this game specifically. Also, FFXII comes out in Japan in 16 days!!

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Time 4 me to get a PS2

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Lego Star Wars -

Talking about the new game David Perkinson, producer at LucasArts, said: ?There are so many things that are better, it?s hard to quantify.? Perkinson stated that his favourite improvements are the extended role of vehicles (including playable mini-kits), customisable characters, a better camera, player-specific attacks (including new Force powers), a greater number of weapons, and an adaptive difficulty setting.

Tom Stone, director at TT Games, said: ?We will be retaining all of the gameplay features from the first game and adding plenty more. There?s a lot that worked well in the original game, such as the character animations, the ?drop in/drop out? two-player feature, the general pace, collection of studs and characters, and so on. However, we have spent a lot of time improving the vehicle levels - you?ll be very pleased when you see what you can do with the X-wing and TIE fighters on the Death Star!?

Players will finally be able to create their own Star Wars character and bring them into the Lego Star Wars world!

?We?ve worked hard to bring out the distinctive individual personalities of all those great Original Trilogy characters - and that?s given us lots of cool new moves,? says Stone. ?So, as you?d hope, the Emperor now has a Force lightning attack, Vader has his Force choke, Han?s got some athletic blaster combat moves, and Chewie?s got a signature melee attack - he pulls arms out of sockets!?

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    WARNING * * * * WARNING * * * * WARNING

Do NOT play the STAR WARS Battlefront II game. Some fiendish programmer has stuck in a mind-numbing, intelligence-draining, coma-inducing piece of music into the game.

Yes, I'm talking about the Ewok "Yub Yub" song, or whatever the duece it is called. The original end song of ROTJ. The song thet rankss wit Jar Jar Binks for stoopiditie. Itts playying rat now... i kant' git it outt offff me head... my brane hertz... hepp meee dsl;'; flwlasllal;s..................

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    With english translation:

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub,
    Freedom, we got freedom,

toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah.
    and now that we can be free, c'mon and celebrate.

Yah wah, eee chop yah wah,
    Power, we got power

toe meet toe pee chee keene, g'noop dock fling oh ah
    and now that we can be free, c'mon and celebrate.

Coat ee chah tu yub nub,
    Celebrate the freedom

Coat ee chah tu yah wah,
    Celebrate the power

Coat ee chah tu glo wah.
    Celebrate the glory.

allay loo ta nuv
    celebrate the love

Glo wah, eee chop glo wah, ya glo wah pee chu nee foam,
    Power, we got power, and now that we can be free,

ah toot dee awe goon daa.
    it's time to celebrate.

Coat ee cha tu goo (Yub nub!)
    Celebrate the light (Freedom!)

coat ee cha tu doo (Yah wah!)
    celebrate the might (Power!)

coat ee cha tu too (ya chaa!)
    celebrate the fight (Glory!)

allay loo tu nuv (3 times)
    celebrate the love

Glo wah, eee chop glo wah.
    Glory, we found glory

Ya glow wah pee chu nee foam,
    The power showed us the light

ah toot dee awe goon daa
    and now we all live free

allay loo tu nuv.
    celebrate the love.

20. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Now I'm REALLY confused. Hal, your ewokese/english lyrics to this "song". You seem to be "proud" that you know BOTH versions. In God's name, WHY???!!!!

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    [image=http://www.tk861.com/tdygallery7/trooper_ewok06a.jpg]

I looked it up, I would not have known, really, it's the truth.

[face_blush]

22. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Woot!! Three more days without KHII!!!! I am excited, will be getting it at midnight on Tuesday morning. I am also glad that someone made a video of Chain of Memories, because I have no time to play that game, and the video tells the entire story. It is three hours long, and 700MB, but is available on a public server for direct download, here. Just go the Chain of Memories - The Movie. If you don't know the story, like me, it is well worth the download. Anyway, can't wait for Tuesday morning.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well as soon as you get it and play it tell us how it si... someone else in the TFF is getting it also so we'll have a good idea what it's like. I've never played it but knowing who made it I"m intersted.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My son is so ecstatic he can hardly stand it! KH2 is what he has been dreaming of for ages. I know this household will be playing it asap most likely.

as for the Yub Yub song.. need I remind you MrWookie that come July 1st you will be made to DANCE to that song!! Ya ya... ya ya ya ya yayaya do de dodededo.. dadadadaaaaaaaaaaadadada!!!

[face_dancing] 8-} [face_hypnotized] =D=

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Only if you can pry my lightsaber out of my cold, stiff fingers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.