main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Star Wars Postage Stamps photo op

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JaceMardu, Mar 16, 2007.

1. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    I was contacted about the new Star Wars postage stamps through the Rebel Legion.

The photographer is in Denver and is looking for local groups to be models. I passed along his info to the PR officer of the Mountain Garrison. I haven't got much info back on what exactly he needs but he did send me this:

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/teaser/index.html

So keep a watch out for more info on what they need. I'll post it here as soon as I get any.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Word is that there are 400 mailboxes deco'ed up as R2 around the nation. I haven't heard whether or not we'll be getting any here in Albuquerque. I would think so seeing as we're the most populous city in New Mexico - but I've heard that Santa Fe might be getting one. Or already got one. Dunno about this, though...

3. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Just got an email from a friend saying that only Roswell and Santa Fe are getting them. I hope this isn't true.:oops:

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    That's what the official site was saying.

I've been trying to find a phone number to contact the local Promotional/Marketing office to get word about Albuquerque, but can't find one. Dagnabbit.

5. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Here's a blurry pic of the stamp sheet that was unveiled today:

STAMPS!

I can't wait to lick 'em!!

6. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    ^- Those are very cool. I'm hoping I'll be able to get my hands on a couple of packs. One to save and some others to actually use.