main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Quiz Night In Aberdeen

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Revenge-Of-The-Squid, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revenge-Of-The-Squid

Revenge-Of-The-Squid Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I thought I would let you guys know about a very special quiz night in Aberdeen, Scotland. It's a STAR WARS theme night called REVENGE OF THE QUIZ and every question is related to the 6 film saga. Prizes include tickets to see REVENGE OF THE SITH on opening day and loads of Star Wars toys, etc...

This event is taking place on Tuesday 17th May at The Union, Littlejohn Street in Aberdeen. It starts at 9pm and entry is FREE. There is also no obligation to purchase drink either! Although it is a Student Union, entry is open to all non-students too. Hopefully people will get into the Star Wars spirit with some fancy dress action.

Here is the website with more details:

REVENGE OF THE QUIZ

Yub Yub

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Love to attend, sadly I now live 500 miles away, but have very, very fond memories of the Union.

from your website :-

The quiz started life in the Aberdeen University Students' Association Union Dungeon Bar (now sadly gone)

What did they do to the Dungeon ????? Bastards [face_plain]

3. Revenge-Of-The-Squid

Feb 14, 2005
    The whole Union was closed about a year ago. students going to fancier places that sold drink cheaper than the union.
    the uni realised they needed to have a union when entrance figures dropped. the ref is being done up and will re-open with a union in 2006.
    when did you attend uni?
    Yub Yub

4. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    THEY CLOSED THE UNION

oh dear God, they should all be shot, the bastards.

I have extremely fond memories of the Union.

I attended the University of Aberdeen from 1994 to 1998, doing a Bachlors in Pharmacology. I was one of the last people to be taught at Marshall before it was closed. I finished most of my course either at Kings or up and Foresterhill.

Honestly, I can't believed the closed the Union - that so harsh :( What happened to Sivells ? That place had fanastic paintings on the walls.

5. Revenge-Of-The-Squid

Feb 14, 2005
    many student unions across the uk are suffering the same fate.

the bon accord centre bought the union but nothing has happened to it yet. word is they justy wanted the car parking space out the back, quite costly.
    the paintings in sivells are listed so they either have to leave them alone or, wait for it, remove the walls with the paintings on them on transport them somewhere else. the uni has this option priced would you believe.

i worked in sivells from 93 to 94 so i may have served you at some point. Perhaps during the infamous 5-7 cocktail happy hour when all you guys from marischal came over after classes. i returned to the union in late 98 and worked there in various positions 'til it closed.
    i did a bingo night in the dungeon for a while too as well as other 'entertainments'.

Yub Yub

6. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    The 'other' entertainments in the Dungeon were why I used to go there. You could always find someone 'up' for it as the night drew later (if you know what I mean) ;)

I'm just glad they are dark lighting down there ;)

There's a good chance you served me at some point, although I typically looked for someone I knew because they'd always hook us up with either doubles for the price of singles, or a 'cheap' round ;) (That's probably why the Union is closed now).

[image=http://www.malkie.clara.co.uk/new/uni/gradhat.jpg] that's me graduating in 98 in Marshall (it was still used for graduation then) - I'm on the right with my hat over my face.

7. AngelaJade

AngelaJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    Darn, I missed the quiz. >:-(

Oh, and they're flattening the Hilton campus soon, too. Although I did my undergrad at St. Andrews, I've been doing a year's post-grad at Aberdeen, and I admit I've got quite fond of the place. I'll be in New King's tomorrow and Hilton on Tuesday, then I'm finished! Sort of happy and sad to be leaving. Weird.

8. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Hilton campus ?

9. AngelaJade

AngelaJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    Hillton...

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/education/images/hilton-driveway2-big.jpg

Mostly the School of Education.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.