main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Reflections CCG: Gold Foil Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Sauron, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauron

Sauron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    Hi everyone... I know this isn't a forum for selling things, but I've got a pretty rare gold foil Yoda card from the Reflections series. I hear that it's worth around $30, is that about right? I understand it's one of the rarer cards, especially being foiled. I'm willing to sell it if anyone is interested. Reply here or e-mail me at sauron@newimperium.org.

Thanks!

2. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm not in the position of buying cards (actually, I haven't bought a single card for about a year), but I got really lucky on my first reflections pack way-back-when... I pulled a foil Executer! I was amazed. Still my favorite card. Rarely play though, b/c there's never any tourneys around here anymore. :(

--Mr. P :cool:

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I've alerted our resident CCG collecting expert to your question so look for your answer soon.

4. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Just $30??? I'd go for at least $50, nothing lower than that unless they throw in some rares that you need/want.

5. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Lemme guess, KK is our expert? lol.

Can I be the resident, not-really-knowing-what-he's-talking-about-5th-year-newbie?

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm not as much of an expert as I used to be, but I still have a good knowledge of prices and what would be a fair price for them.

7. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Our resident collecting expert (for the CCG anyways) is Gold 5, Jim Colson. He writes the "Toydarian Trader" for the newsletter and he's affectionately referred to as "The Ubercollector" by his fellow SMs. If he doesn't respond within the nxt couple of days I'll e-mail him. For the record, he is a very busy guy.

8. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Oh ok, cool. I knew KK colects so I just guessed.

Someobdy should try to recruit some people from the Decipher boards.

9. Sauron

Sauron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    K guys... I'll see if I can get in touch with him. Thanks for the help. :)

Sauron

10. Gold_5

Gold_5 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    HI!

Sorry for the delay. Got caught out of town for the week.

To be clear on which card we are discussing: The Decipher SW CCG Reflections Yoda is a SRF (Super Rare Foil) from the first Reflections set. The 3 levels of rarity found in that set are: VRF, (Very Rare Foil), SRF, and URF (Ultra Rare Foil).
    VRF is like a Common Foil, SRF is like an Uncommon foil, and URF is like a Rare foil.

The average Pull for a SRF was 3-4 per Box. (30 Packs)
    The average Pull for a URF was 1 per Case. (6 Boxes)

There were 2 URFs for the set, 25 SRFs in the set and 87 VRFs in the set.

So on a good day if you purchased a case you would get 1 URF and maybe 25 SRFs (along with a gazillion VRFs) (about 155)

Yoda has been recently selling in various auctions in the $20-$30 range. I've seen the foil Yoda sell for as little as $8 and as high as $40.

I would say that if someone gave you a cash offer of $20-$25, it would be a fair offer. You could hold out for $30. But it may be a while before you get a taker.

There are NONE currently for sale on E-bay. The average of the last 3 that sold on e-bay is: $23

Of course, All of these values are about MINT (unplayed) "pack-fresh" Yoda Foils.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck on your collecting SWCCG!

Jim Colson
    Gold 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.