main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Remake? So I'm doing this thing...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CooperTFN, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Hey guys...this isn't really related to the EU in any specific way, but Lit is my home here and this seemed like the best place to talk about my new project around the people I most want to hear it. I recently wrapped up a year-long webcomic called Half-Assed Commitment, and while I didn't feel up to going further with it, the domain "half-assed.com" was a great find and I didn't want it to go the waste. My new thing is called Half-Assed News - basically it's a cross between Ain't it Cool News and The Onion, with the hook being that all the satirical news stories exist within one ongoing continuity and tell a larger story - that story being the remaking of ANH nine years from now:

Aside from just wanting people to know about it, I'm hoping to populate the site a bit further with submitted material. My Submissions page is here, but basically, I'm looking for two things - non-Star Wars-related movie news stories that an AICN-style site might be posting in the year 2020, and "reader scoops" offering tentative clues that a remake might be in the works. If you read the two news articles currently on the site you can get an idea of the kind of thing I'm thinking of. I could keep making them up myself, of course, but I thought it would be cool to credit actual readers with "insider info" once in a while.

Thoughts?

2. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Sounds cool.

I'd also recommend a SW version of The Onion. Like this:

YODA ADMITS TO WOOKIEE AFFAIR

Jedi Master Yoda, whom the Wookiee Mallatobuck recently admitted to sleeping with in her younger days, confessed to the affair in a press conference today. When asked if this affected his Jedi Code, he said "Marry we are not allowed to; marry her I did not." When asked why he did it, he simply said "Good relations with the Wookiees I have."

3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'll never be able to hear that line again without laughing.

4. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    George Lucas Farms Out Writing Duties To Joss Whedon
    Thousands reported hospitalized with what is being called "Fandom Glee Overload"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.